• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DAMN IT! I WANT TO HEAR FI USERS EXPRESS THEIR FEELINGS!

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure what you're talking about.. I can easily say that I'm happy, or depressed or excited. If you're asking me how I feel about a certain thing, I can do that as well. My feelings have a kind of fractal nature, where my happiness can be broken down into tones and reasons and colors. But I can and do just say I'm feeling happy.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
so difficult to put into words...truly it is.

but i'll try...imagine for a moment that i have been to heaven and back and i have seen and felt the truth. i know with every thing that i am what love is...i know how utterly sacred the human spirit is.

and here i am walking around with this knowing...this knowing of the value of each individual...and what rights we each have to experience all the depth of beauty this life has to offer...so when i see someone step on that right...or attempt to take it from another...it hurts my heart...truly pains it. not in some slight way but in a blasphemous deep deep hurt...like they are going against all that is right...all that should be and all that each individual deserves. it is a sense of knowing something is wrong by emphatically feeling what it does to others...if it causes hurt to you...if it in anyway takes away your inherent rights. it is wrong.

i feel that the individual spirit is sacred and should be protected at all costs.

i feel my way through the world...i experience the world not only through the sights and sounds but the feeling impressions that i encounter throughout the day. i am terribly nostalgic and idealistic and my thoughts wander like that of a child playing make believe...so how i feel is often determined by what i'm imagining at the time....certain activities/places can be enjoyable because maybe it reminds me of a beautiful scene in a movie i saw once...or a favorite memory...or whatever place my mind has wandered off to

This is golden. It sounded very similar to [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION]'s response. I'm quickly picking up an Fi pattern.

@OP

I genuinly appreciate your attempt to reach out to Fi-users and try to understand us. It is something I value a lot. It fills me with gentle hope as well as warms my heart. I recognize the time, effort and energy it costs to do so and to learn from the frustration you must be feeling within. And I sincerely hope that you will find what you are looking for on your quest for both self-knowledge and wisdom. Know that the journey ahead is likely to be a marathon, not a sprint, as the road will be bumpy and occasionally littered with obstacles. But Im sure you have it in you to persevere and receive your just reward in the end.

...expressive enough for you? ;)

Yes, I know how difficult it is to understand Fi. I knew this would be hard, but I'm prepared for anything really.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, what is being asked is a little confusing to me. I can easily verbalize my feeling when with close friends and family. However, I've been re evaluating my ne/fi ni/fe.. I feel like I may have been mistyping OR my fi has recently adopted what would look like alot of Fe "values". The catch is that it is a recent (last year or so) thing.. because in my teens and most my twenties I believe I was fi as hell. Pure positive emotions are difficult for me to express, like when I've fallen in love it has not been easy for me to just say it, and even once its been said and returned I can't say it all the time. As soon as something seems expected or status-quo it becomes a danger, inauthentic.. and I will refuse to allow what is so meaningful in myself to become tainted by external factors.

Observing any kind of injustice or abuse to other people and animals is almost unbearable at times. I empathize so much that even very silly things others won't think twice about can have a massive impact. However, I don't cry easily of often and I prefer to be alone when this happens, as I am extremely uncomfortable and vulnerable. It is much easier for me to communicate (via voice and facial expressions ) positive emotions, but even then I don't like to take it too far and become too gooey in front of others, I am emotionally naked when I do it, I have to know you well. It's like saying to a stranger "come into my humble sanctuary, take off your jacket and poke around at all that I hold dearest."

I just don't know how to describe this any better, honestly. I think what your asking is backwards. Fi and Fe could potentially express the same thing.. with fi being a little more reserved because of that emotional nakedness factor. The real issue is where is it born from.. how does the emotion originate? Internally or externally. I may even be confused on this and maybe someone else can help me out.. because my feelings are born from within my own internal model, which is why It doesn't matter if the majority says this is right or wrong, or this is acceptable or unaccepable.. fi users wont give a rats ass about that. You'll often hear them say "I don't care what others would do, say, feel because I inherently know this to be true" (or right or whatever).

I admit I am still confused on the actual process of fe and fi though.. because it is absolutely impossible for me to understand external origination. When I adopt values that appear fe-ish.. it is not so much on a gut-emotional level. The initial emotion is sourced internally, it is pure and raw but then undergoes a testing against external models. I suspect that fi combined with ne and te can actually appear Fe-ish at times..and know that other fi users have commented on this as well. I can sit with my own self and feelings for some time rather comfortably, but eventually I will seek to connect and express the sentiments to others. To do this I seem to heavily rely on Ne and Te. Fi on its own is a very beautiful but lonely place.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok so Fe emotions seem to be so easy to describe, but for some reason I can never get an Fi user to put their emotions into words. They always tell me that if they put their feelings into words, then it would sound strange and cryptic, so they never do it. However, my Ti yerns to understand Fi emotions so much. So if you wouldn't mind Fi users, try your best to put your feelings into words (no matter how strange it may sound to the rest of us). I yearn to crack the code which is Fi!
This is even harder for Fi users who have it in tert/inf. I am learning about my own Fi just reading this thread. I can relate to some of the comments made and think "so that's Fi". Greater awareness may make it easier to put these thoughts into words, since it is hard to relate something that I do not understand myself.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Yeah, what is being asked is a little confusing to me. I can easily verbalize my feeling when with close friends and family. However, I've been re evaluating my ne/fi ni/fe.. I feel like I may have been mistyping OR my fi has recently adopted what would look like alot of Fe "values". The catch is that it is a recent (last year or so) thing.. because in my teens and most my twenties I believe I was fi as hell. Pure positive emotions are difficult for me to express, like when I've fallen in love it has not been easy for me to just say it, and even once its been said and returned I can't say it all the time. As soon as something seems expected or status-quo it becomes a danger, inauthentic.. and I will refuse to allow what is so meaningful in myself to become tainted by external factors.

Observing any kind of injustice or abuse to other people and animals is almost unbearable at times. I empathize so much that even very silly things others won't think twice about can have a massive impact. However, I don't cry easily of often and I prefer to be alone when this happens, as I am extremely uncomfortable and vulnerable. It is much easier for me to communicate (via voice and facial expressions ) positive emotions, but even then I don't like to take it too far and become too gooey in front of others, I am emotionally naked when I do it, I have to know you well. It's like saying to a stranger "come into my humble sanctuary, take off your jacket and poke around at all that I hold dearest."

I just don't know how to describe this any better, honestly. I think what your asking is backwards. Fi and Fe could potentially express the same thing.. with fi being a little more reserved because of that emotional nakedness factor. The real issue is where is it born from.. how does the emotion originate? Internally or externally. I may even be confused on this and maybe someone else can help me out.. because my feelings are born from within my own internal model, which is why It doesn't matter if the majority says this is right or wrong, or this is acceptable or unaccepable.. fi users wont give a rats ass about that. You'll often hear them say "I don't care what others would do, say, feel because I inherently know this to be true" (or right or whatever).

I admit I am still confused on the actual process of fe and fi though.. because it is absolutely impossible for me to understand external origination. When I adopt values that appear fe-ish.. it is not so much on a gut-emotional level. The initial emotion is sourced internally, it is pure and raw but then undergoes a testing against external models. I suspect that fi combined with ne and te can actually appear Fe-ish at times..and know that other fi users have commented on this as well. I can sit with my own self and feelings for some time rather comfortably, but eventually I will seek to connect and express the sentiments to others. To do this I seem to heavily rely on Ne and Te. Fi on its own is a very beautiful but lonely place.

So what I am gathering is that Fi emotions are almost like the naked human body: They are very sacred, very private, and you only want to show them to people that are close?

This is even harder for Fi users who have it in tert/inf. I am learning about my own Fi just reading this thread. I can relate to some of the comments made and think "so that's Fi". Greater awareness may make it easier to put these thoughts into words, since it is hard to relate something that I do not understand myself.

Yeah, this thread is once again reconfirming the fact that I am not an Fi user. I can relate to a damn thing that anyone on this entire thread is saying. I'm pretty much having to use my imagination in order to even begin to grasp the nature of Fi.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

i relate to this completely...

yes...the simple explanation i think is that it is sacred to us...it is raw and vulnerable.

but...i can't say how others feel so i don't honestly know if it's a different experience.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The OP is just looking for ammunition. It's a trap!

tarp-30198.jpg

That fish dude from star wars has a really big cock

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]
yes! like the naked human body. you're comfortable exposing some parts, but not others and you are NEVER comfortable sharing parts you yourself are not comfortable with. there is also an equivalent to being horny where you are searching for people to whom you can show everything :newwink:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
The Great One
yes! like the naked human body. you're comfortable exposing some parts, but not others and you are NEVER comfortable sharing parts you yourself are not comfortable with. there is also an equivalent to being horny where you are searching for people to whom you can show everything :newwink:

Well, in that case, that's very sexy Fi you have there. I knew your Fi would be big, but not that big....damn....and it's thick too! You're really going to have to be careful with that Fi or you might hurt me with it.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The TPs have no feelings and tend to clash with the Fi users and their sacred sense of values! Then again, I probably don't know what I'm talking about, as usual.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
The TPs have no feelings and tend to clash with the Fi users and their sacred sense of values! Then again, I probably don't know what I'm talking about, as usual.

I have feelings, but I'm not a thinking dom like you. However, I'm not nearly as emotional as an Fi user.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
one key difference I've noticed between Fe and Fi is that Fe users will often ask "was that necessary?" and I'm like "necessary? why would it be necessary? I said it because I wanted to. nothing necessary about it?"

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
one key difference I've noticed between Fe and Fi is that Fe users will often ask "was that necessary?" and I'm like "necessary? why would it be necessary? I said it because I wanted to. nothing necessary about it?"

I'm not really sure if that's Fi/Fe correlated.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not really sure if that's Fi/Fe correlated.

I am. Fe expresses emotions at opportune times and usually for a specific (or at least a general) purpose.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I am. Fe expresses emotions at opportune times and usually for a specific (or at least a general) purpose.

If they do it, it is most likely because you did something that they viewed as "socially incorrect".

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Sometimes I say: "that was really unecessary". Usually because that something was unpleasant, unpolite, inconsiderate, made/could have made someone feel hurt or uncomfortable, made me feel hurt - things like that - and that was just whimsy.

(Sorry for any mistakes in the English here, I'm not sure about some words.)

Maybe I don't seem very Fi here, but I usually care a lot about how other people feel, and I know at least another INFP who feel the same.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whaat?? Come on man fi users care how others feel.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3

Alright, that's it. Stop acting like you know what you're talking about. Actually read up on the topic before you make any sort of claim. Every time you post, it's based on something misinformed.