• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

DAMN IT! I WANT TO HEAR FI USERS EXPRESS THEIR FEELINGS!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so difficult to put into words...truly it is.

but i'll try...imagine for a moment that i have been to heaven and back and i have seen and felt the truth. i know with every thing that i am what love is...i know how utterly sacred the human spirit is.

and here i am walking around with this knowing...this knowing of the value of each individual...and what rights we each have to experience all the depth of beauty this life has to offer...so when i see someone step on that right...or attempt to take it from another...it hurts my heart...truly pains it. not in some slight way but in a blasphemous deep deep hurt...like they are going against all that is right...all that should be and all that each individual deserves. it is a sense of knowing something is wrong by emphatically feeling what it does to others...if it causes hurt to you...if it in anyway takes away your inherent rights. it is wrong.

i feel that the individual spirit is sacred and should be protected at all costs.

i feel my way through the world...i experience the world not only through the sights and sounds but the feeling impressions that i encounter throughout the day. i am terribly nostalgic and idealistic and my thoughts wander like that of a child playing make believe...so how i feel is often determined by what i'm imagining at the time....certain activities/places can be enjoyable because maybe it reminds me of a beautiful scene in a movie i saw once...or a favorite memory...or whatever place my mind has wandered off to

KDude

The OP is just looking for ammunition. It's a trap!

tarp-30198.jpg

G

Ginkgo

How does one "break the ice", as you put it? What makes an acceptable outlet?

Accepting an objective, universal frame of reference. Being driven by a cause that escapes the bounds of an emphasis on personal possession. Not just a "pet cause", but one of full devotion. Technically, it could be a reverence for just about anything as long as it's viewed as something irrevocably higher than oneself.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]

okay, I'll have a go at it. this is a little taste of the kind of dialogue that goes through my head on a regular basis (you're an Fe user, so this is gonna sound weird as fuck, but here goes lol)

I am the sword of justice, the champion of the downtrodden. I am bound to no one, I serve no one, my sense of conviction is what drives me, like a white flame that blazes from my gut, it fuels me and pushes me forward to pursue my passions and ideals.
my breath is the divine wind of revolution. when I am among my comrades, it is a gentle breeze, breathing life into the lives of those without hope. but there is a raging tempest that swells within me, and at times I cannot hold back my sword hand's anger as it cascades down from the sky striking my enemies with holy lightning. those who oppose me will feel the sting of the heavens as my cold, shining blade cleaves their flesh and silences their cries. my angelic soprano voice brings hope and security to the ears of the innocent, but breaths fear into the hearts of the wicked.

PS: also, this thread
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56649&page=1

And here comes Mr Fe swooping in with a blanket and a mug of hot chocolate.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ i don't get it. elaborate?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh nevermind. you're saying he's all mighty and powerful with the force of the whole world behind him and you're offering mild creature comforts...okay...got it. whyd ya say it tho?

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
oh nevermind. you're saying he's all mighty and powerful with the force of the whole world behind him and you're offering mild creature comforts...okay...got it. whyd ya say it tho?

its hard to explain but id do the same.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
^^ i don't get it. elaborate?

Well if Fi is the internal flame of human spirit free of the trappings of all set conditions and conduct, then Fe is the external flame of shared comfort helping us to push on and that it will 'all be ok'.

Fi fights for us and paves a way to common human understanding. Fe surrounds us with a shared standard of sympathetic consideration, it doesn't delve in, rather it spreads itself extensively, reminding us that even the empty platitude must have come from a core value of decency and respect. Thus it wraps around us like cotton wool...on those little bumps and slips where we need an environment of assurity to fall back...which it provides.

Fi on the other hand is the personal flame of humanities naked essence, born into a world that often only understands by set standards of labelling; it strives to free us from the drudgery and danger of falling too hard on definitions that set us apart. Instead it attempts to throw open a path of understanding that eats through to the very centre of human truth. A truth so pure that it cannot be expressed clearly in any language of the tongue, which is unfit to tread the intangible depths that this truth consists of.

This is why Fi struggles so very much in a world that cannot understand a drive without words, a drive that must be emoted in the very soul to have any understanding at all.

But both are needed. We need some set standards to avoid anarchy and we need to occasionally set those standards aside so that we avoid oppression.

So through this balance can two sides come together and meet the other going in the opposite direction..one will smile and nod, the other will twinkle with the eyes and they shall both understand one another in a new found view of respect.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well if Fi is the internal flame of human spirit free of the trappings of all set conditions and conduct, then Fe is the external flame of shared comfort helping us to push on and that it will 'all be ok'.

Fi fights for us and paves a way to common human understanding. Fe surrounds us with a shared standard of sympathetic consideration, it doesn't delve in, rather it spreads itself extensively, reminding us that even the empty platitude must have come from a core value of decency and respect. Thus it wraps around us like cotton wool...on those little bumps and slips where we need an environment of assurity to fall back...which it provides.

Fi on the other hand is the personal flame of humanities naked essence, born into a world that often only understands by set standards of labelling; it strives to free us from the drudgery and danger of falling too hard on definitions that set us apart. Instead it attempts to throw open a path of understanding that eats through to the very centre of human truth. A truth so pure that it cannot be expressed clearly in any language of the tongue, which is unfit to tread the intangible depths that this truth consists of.

This is why Fi struggles so very much in a world that cannot understand a drive without words, a drive that must be emoted in the very soul to have any understanding at all.

But both are needed. We need some set standards to avoid anarchy and we need to occasionally set those standards aside so that we avoid oppression.

So through this balance can two sides come together and meet the other going in the opposite direction..one will smile and nod, the other will twinkle with the eyes and they shall both understand one another in a new found view of respect.

Wow...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

fantastic. yes. i like it.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't understand the fuss about it. When I feel something, I say it.

That helps a lot when I'm with someone comprehensive and accepting.

Does that mean I'm not Fi? :mellow:

Like this: I feel slightly confused about this thread.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i don't think anyone is saying we can't label feelings to the degree that's necessary to communicate elfa.

but saying this makes me sad isn't quite the whole picture is it? it does not transfer ones complete experience of the feeling to the other.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Lady X, I'm still not sure if I get it... :/

Are you talking about those complicated feelings we usually don't talk about? Because I believe that's not only a Fi thing, but it's an everyone's thing. I guess there are certain feelings and thoughts people don't want to communicate, for many different reasons, including because they find those emotions too strange and cryptic...

But I still can talk about them with someone who is very very nice to me.

I think the Fi users just spend more time thinking about those feelings, and some of them like to put them into poetry. My literary skills are not so good though.

I may still have not understood what you guys are really talking about, or maybe I'm seeing things too far from MBTI.
I'm not that into MBTI...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@OP

I genuinly appreciate your attempt to reach out to Fi-users and try to understand us. It is something I value a lot. It fills me with gentle hope as well as warms my heart. I recognize the time, effort and energy it costs to do so and to learn from the frustration you must be feeling within. And I sincerely hope that you will find what you are looking for on your quest for both self-knowledge and wisdom. Know that the journey ahead is likely to be a marathon, not a sprint, as the road will be bumpy and occasionally littered with obstacles. But Im sure you have it in you to persevere and receive your just reward in the end.

...expressive enough for you? ;)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
who the hell knows...seriously...i don't know how other people experience stuff.

i just know that sometimes a feeling is like...that one time when you were 5 and your dad threw away your giant stuffed doggy because he had a hole in it and you found it and hid in the closet crying until you fell asleep...sometimes...a feeling...is laced with a memory of a particular kind of anguish that cannot be explained in words.

but maybe that's how it is for everyone.

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
but maybe that's how it is for everyone.

I think it is... I think we're pretty much our history, our past experiences.
But that's just my opinion. ;)

Because of this thread, I was doubting I was Fi.
People doubt I'm a N.
Now that I think people feel like everyone, I'm doubting I'm an enneagram 4.
Everything I believed was a lie!
What am I?
:cry:

KDude

I suppressed a lot of my memories like that.. some flooded in when I was a late teen. It was weird.. I can't say how they shaped me.

Anyways, I don't belong in this thread. I'm pretty sure I don't "feel like everyone" though. All this stuff about seeing humanity in big general terms? I can't do it. I barely even see myself as human. I've been contemplating that lately.