• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type ad humor styles

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I I had to pick something to represent what I find funny it would be either this:

(minus the fart reference)

or pretty much every moment of this show:

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I love all kinds of humor. I even like to study the history and psychology behind it.

There's a few things that I don't find funny or humorous, but it's usually poor execution rather than poor content.

It's not always just shock or unexpectedness. There's a whole context to why something is humorous. Irony is quite delicious though and can be quite broad and far reaching, such that even a response or punchline that is appropriate and sensible turns out to be humorous in the context that humor is often not 'straight'.

One example is:
What did the farmer say when he couldn't find his tractor?

"Where's my tractor?"

This uses other jokes as a meta sense to create irony. On the surface it's just not funny, but in a meta sense it is ironic because it's a straight and sensible answer where straight and sensible answers often don't occur.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I love all kinds of humor. I even like to study the history and psychology behind it.

There's a few things that I don't find funny or humorous, but it's usually poor execution rather than poor content.

It's not always just shock or unexpectedness. There's a whole context to why something is humorous. Irony is quite delicious though and can be quite broad and far reaching, such that even a response or punchline that is appropriate and sensible turns out to be humorous in the context that humor is often not 'straight'.

One example is:
What did the farmer say when he couldn't find his tractor?

"Where's my tractor?"

This uses other jokes as a meta sense to create irony. On the surface it's just not funny, but in a meta sense it is ironic because it's a straight and sensible answer where straight and sensible answers often don't occur.

Evolutionary humor.

Rosabel

I like absurd humour, sitcoms, stand-ups, irony with day-to-day life, word plays etc...

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTP: I like humour that is absurd or surreal deviating from my normal appreciation of things fitting together logically.

I can certainly relate to that.

Also, I love sarcasm. Satire is my favorite genre of literature. Some satirists I am particularly fond of:
Oscar Wilde
Miguel de Cervantes
Molière
Jonathan Swift
Voltaire
Mark Twain
Woody Allen
Jane Austen
etc.