• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is the most "gangster?"

Who is the real gangster?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
034-philly.jpg

Allen Iverson is a true gangster and is probably ISTP so my vote goes towards ISTP.

What type do you think is the most "gangster?" Please vote and comment your pick!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Depends on what kind of Gangsta you're talking about.

American projects drive by shooting kinds of gangstas? ESTP.

Italian mafia? ESFJ.

Russian mafia? IxTJ.

Seem sweet and nice but then open up a can of whoop-ass on you sneakily? ExFP.

KDude

Italian mafia? ESFJ.

Sounds funny, but I knew people who'd fit the profile (not Italians though.. Mexican Americans). I can see some of the same behavior in ESTPs too, but there was almost too much dependence in cultural ties/sense of family/etc for them to be ESTP imo. It was one of the more ridiculous things when I hung around. A lot of these guys, even if their real families sucked, still had a strong sense of the collective, love for their homeys, or needed a family.. complete with corny reminscing sessions and ritualistic behavior. I could never totally get grafted into the gang thing without laughing about it (laughing under my breath, that is).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sounds funny, but I knew people who'd fit the profile (not Italians though.. Mexican Americans). I can see some of the same behavior in ESTPs too, but there was almost too much dependence in cultural ties/sense of family/etc for them to be ESTP imo. It was one of the more ridiculous things when I hung around. A lot of these guys, even if their real families sucked, still had a strong sense of the collective, love for their homeys, or needed a family.. complete with corny reminscing sessions and ritualistic behavior. I could never totally get grafted into the gang thing without laughing about it (laughing under my breath, that is).

Right. It depends on if the crime is highly organized or more randomly opportunistic, first of all. Then it depends on if it is for straight up gain, or if it's viewed as a family tradition and something which upholds their own community, and strengthens bonds amongst their kind.

ESFJs are more likely to do it for momma than an ESTP, who may be doing it for cash.

On the other hand, I've read sociological reports that all gang behavior seems to stem from a need to belong to a group or family of sorts, and that children prone to join gangs in the U.S. tend to come from broken homes and/or failing communities.

KDude

On the other hand, I've read sociological reports that all gang behavior seems to stem from a need to belong to a group or family of sorts, and that children prone to join gangs in the U.S. tend to come from broken homes and/or failing communities.

Maybe it goes beyond type. I saw a lot of that. It'd surprise me if there were typical gangsters who were ISTP though.. if they're anything like me, they'd laugh at a lot of it too. More would be just opportunists. And in my case, I had a falling out with some of these people. They never trusted me, and maybe it had something to do with the non-group attitude. I don't know. I got in fights with multiple dudes, getting singled out and ganged up on. And for whatever reason, when they finally went down in a big drug bust, I was the first person they wanted to blame. For whatever reason, I didn't die. I got religious after that. Heh

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Depends on what kind of Gangsta you're talking about.

American projects drive by shooting kinds of gangstas? ESTP.

Italian mafia? ESFJ.

Russian mafia? IxTJ.

Seem sweet and nice but then open up a can of whoop-ass on you sneakily? ExFP.

That sounds very accurate.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it does go beyond type. Everyone has a potential gansta in them. Someone should post a thread on gangster behavior by type. It could be highly amusing.

KDude

lol.. Ne types are cute. Potential doesn't really matter. It's what you do.

And before that sounds like an insult, count yourself lucky if you just entertain the possibility. I wish I had been that way.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say ISTPs and ESTPs would generally be the foot soldiers/hit(wo)men and TJs the master planners/drug kingpins.

Crafter

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm too independent to be a gangbanger. Eventually I'd get tired of the group thinking and leave. And don't get me started on taking orders, fuck that. I'd probably be more of a short term mercenary lol. Forest Whitakers character in "Ghost dog" would fit me.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So why do most folks consider ESTP more gangster than ISTP because I mean come on, if ISTPs have AI, it doesn't get much more gangster than that!

R

Riva

ESTPs hands down.

Though not very seductive/classy they (ESTP men) also seem the ability to attract females without much trouble.

A few factors that are their weaknesses probably act in their favour such as their -

Impulsive nature making them act/approach women without thinking about the consequences.
Their aggression giving them a macho personas and a confidence vibe.
Extreme libido.

Though these are traits that probably get them girls they could backfire in so many other areas including long term relationships.

And these are traits others could simply learn.

KDude

It isn't libido that makes them gangster. It's the ambition, the drive to be someone (admiration, feared, etc), a strong materialistic streak, and a mind that often is looking for the easiest route in attaining those. You can end up in bad circles that way. Or creating a bad circle yourself. The other thing that makes them stick with it more than others is a strong need for bonding/family/"homies". At least in my own experience, that was the weirdest thing I always observed.

A

A_priori

I'm going to go with whatever type chooses to live that kind of lifestyle lol