• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ne dom type 7's: Have you ever had problems sticking to one career?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I have an extremely difficult time sticking to one career. I've been a sales manager, worked in customer service, been a secretary, worked in the restaurant industry, and other things and I'm only 23. I can't stick to one thing to save my life: it's like I always have to be doing something new. Is anyone else this way?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes totally. I think the trick is to find a career that evolves with you.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
sure...just pick something that has room to grow.
or room to branch out and expand...several different facets to it....different hats for you to wear etc.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
sure...just pick something that has room to grow.
or room to branch out and expand...several different facets to it....different hats for you to wear etc.

That's a very good idea.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
personal example...i'm a photographer

i do portraits...but i could do weddings, architecture or landscape photography etc etc
i shoot the session...but i also edit it creatively and sell it and do marketing and style the shoot etc

currently working out of my house but...i could have a super awesome studio...or i could decide to travel and do destination weddings

i work with all sorts of people...i hold babies and soothe them and it's all quiet and sweet and emotional with the mother...super girlie bonding moment
or i'm working with lil kids running around the park playing peek a boo
or working with seniors blaring beastie boys from my iphone while he dances in the alley
or i'm making pregnant mama feel beautiful
or making a couple laugh...etc

and then i get to play artist when i edit them
then i get to play designer when i sell to them

and advertising person when thinking up marketing strategies.

and beyond all of that...i am always learning...so my "style" can evolve too

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
personal example...i'm a photographer

i do portraits...but i could do weddings, architecture or landscape photography etc etc
i shoot the session...but i also edit it creatively and sell it and do marketing and style the shoot etc

currently working out of my house but...i could have a super awesome studio...or i could decide to travel and do destination weddings

i work with all sorts of people...i hold babies and soothe them and it's all quiet and sweet and emotional with the mother...super girlie bonding moment
or i'm working with lil kids running around the park playing peek a boo
or working with seniors blaring beastie boys from my iphone while he dances in the alley
or i'm making pregnant mama feel beautiful
or making a couple laugh...etc

and then i get to play artist when i edit them
then i get to play designer when i sell to them

and advertising person when thinking up marketing strategies.

and beyond all of that...i am always learning...so my "style" can evolve too

Got it. Pick a very open-ended career. Good idea.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp