• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

organizational skills

W

WALMART

how developed are your organizational skills? what do you enjoy organizing? are you a systematic creature, or do your solutions vary from production to production?

i enjoy organizing things that require complex analysis, but i rarely have the mental capacity to follow through with my projects. if the task is thrilling or the reward great enough i can manage. recently i produced a spreadsheet analyzing cost ratios among several companies i do contract work with. it has already proved useful, but i doubt i'll make another anytime soon, even though there are several fields in my line of work i could produce them for.

having said this, i am terrible at day to day organization. my backpack was always a filthy mess, my binders would contain 5 different subject's worth of work intermingled, and pretty much any attempt at a sustained method of organization is made null within a few days. i know my ways around it, but i know i am inefficient in my methodology. i constantly lose important data, and always feel i am "doubling over" some of my efforts.

vvvvvv
303344_412199238822878_933711939_n.jpg

it would be very interesting to see how others view their organizational skills, and what steps they take to become efficient.

W

WALMART

thread fail.

maybe someone can move it somewhere else... lol.

another example of an area i'm poor at managing would be my music collection. i absolutely loathe inconsistency in my music library, but i don't quite enjoy fixing it enough to get the job "done". i kind of just like administer patchwork to get my mind off the glaring problems i notice.

KDude

thread fail.

maybe someone can move it somewhere else... lol.

another example of an area i'm poor at managing would be my music collection. i absolutely loathe inconsistency in my music library, but i don't quite enjoy fixing enough to get the job "done". i kind of just like administer patchwork to get my mind off the glaring problems i notice.

I'm pretty anal about my music (mp3) library.

At least I was at first. Spent a lot of time at first getting them all under the same filing and naming system, same type of tags, etc.., but any new song that gets ripped has that process automated with a tag app.

I'm not this way with everything, but if it's something I interact with on any regular basis, I come up with a system. If it's something temporary, I just sort of rig something and have a more careless attitude.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Oh god my music collection is a mess... "Would you like to merge "Various artists" and "Various artists"?" :laugh: Im working on my organization when it comes to digital files--I have a plan that I think will work once I get it all sorted out. Save everything to a jump drive, and occasionally clean it out by filing it all away on my portable hard drive with all my back-up files... And then back up the harddrive and computer via gmail to work as a cloud of sorts. The computer doesn't get cluttered, and I have two separate back up locations for the important stuff.

Im really organized when it comes to my home--cleaning, and having a home for everything is something I learned in the army. Everything MUST have a place and be of use.. I have a flavor of minimalism in me, but not too much. I keep organized mainly through this fact alone. I may not have color codes or anything extensive like that but I keep everything in sections--electronics, books, shirts, etc.

Also, paperwork I've very recently became VERY organized about thanks to software and a compatible scanner I purchased. I don't know how I lived without it now.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I organise virtually nothing. If I apply organisation it is to my codes of conduct and my methodologies for engaging in a future hypothetical situation.

In other words, I plan out how a conversation might go if it is important to do so, such as in a job interview or an important phonecall. I do have a semi-organised folder of my past bank statements and other useful information, but this was not created by me; it was made by my mother, I merely use it, so it cannot be called a product of my organisation.

I do have a rather scattered organisation when it comes to my warhammer painting and collecting though, as in what paints I want to use and what colour scheme I wish to achieve and how large I want it to get. So my desk might look messy but all the paints are carefully ordered with the most often used at the front.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I try organize what I do but i'm naturally not organized at all. when things move slow I try to put it to the man though.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Under Keirsey's INTP description it says master of organization, although this must be of mental frameworks rather than physical objects, because for example master INTP Albert Einstein was about as organized as Bozo the Clown when it came to practical matters, but conceptually you could not find a more organized individual on Earth!

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For myself, the most organized person I know, its about function and purpose and forethought. This goes here because I will need it then, this is shaped like this and I need it occasionally, so it goes there. These are my books, these are my notebooks, etc, so that when I act, I act in a fluid motion with no speed bumps: its all downhill.

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
I actually quite enjoy organising things. As in, I like buying stationery, I like having beautifully-filed notes, I like it when my clothes are sorted by colour.

I'm just incapable of maintaining it that way for more than five minutes. I kind of go "Ahhh, pretty!" and then immediately lose interest and stop noticing the encroaching chaos til it actually gets in my way. Organising is generally a procrastination exercise for me, which might explain why I seem to enjoy it more than one might expect.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
how developed are your organizational skills?

raisin.jpg

I do appreciate the value of it but can't keep it up for long. Attention to the physical environment costs so much energy and is such an effort, it's like using a neglected muscle. My mind tends to quickly zone out once it has made sure I won't run into a tree.

G

garbage

I organize to the extent that it makes stuff less of a pain in the ass later on.

Sorting my neckties by formality, then color, then length doesn't do me much good; but organizing papers from various projects that are spread all over my work desk helps me focus when I need to.

Everything MUST have a place and be of use.. I have a flavor of minimalism in me, but not too much. I keep organized mainly through this fact alone.
Yeah, this! If you don't have a lot of stuff, it's easier to organize and manage your stuff.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I organize to the extent that it makes stuff less of a pain in the ass later on.

Sorting my neckties by formality, then color, then length doesn't do me much good; but organizing papers from various projects that are spread all over my work desk helps me focus when I need to.

Yeah, this! If you don't have a lot of stuff, it's easier to organize and manage your stuff.

:yes: It doesnt really matter to me that my books are in alphabetical order-I know the book I want when I see it. I don't need to spend so much time maintaining organization that it becomes a chore.. it should be a natural thing that comes to you. Its about making things work for you so you aren't stressed out. Putting my keys and phone in a certain place everytime I come home saves me tons of "OMFG IM GOING TO BE LATE FOR WORK OMG OMG OMG" mornings.