• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ vs INTP

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait... I think I misunderstood the purpose of this thread :shock:

But it was definitely an interesting turn of events. :smile:

I need to sleep. Maybe I'll look at this later.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I, though not listed [/bitter], am able to agree on the idea of having more info, while most of it is simply floating, disjointed throughout my mind.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Sorry man, I didn't know you were an INTP or INTJ.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
OH hell, and even this year. I'm oblivious. Well, kudos to him for a job well done.

Nicodemus

It is mostly a rumination of well-known aspects of the theory, though, the elusive more/less-likely and tend-to talk.

What did you find so interesting about it?

This demonstration of differences (also, one might say, reflected in their views) seems far more interesting to me.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I wonder what [MENTION=14757]Doctorjuice[/MENTION] is up to these days?

Im sure he's just busy.

RicPTmc

MBTI Type
DNA
Instinctual Variant
sx
This has got to be one of the most accurate and lucid descriptions of the differences between INTJs and INTPs that I've ever seen.
[MENTION=7]Jennifer[/MENTION] [MENTION=5143]Salomé[/MENTION] [MENTION=825]ygolo[/MENTION] [MENTION=10251]Red Herring[/MENTION] [MENTION=921]lowtech redneck[/MENTION] [MENTION=325]EffEmDoubleyou[/MENTION] [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] [MENTION=1449]Magic Poriferan[/MENTION] [MENTION=294]The Ü[/MENTION] [MENTION=6723]phobik[/MENTION] [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] [MENTION=4131]SmileyMan[/MENTION]

Thoughts?

Yep, Check.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thoughts?

I've seen him before. It's difficult to listen to him because he sounds retarded.

He directly contradicts himself. (INTPs both have a broader outlook and filter less but manage to acquire LESS information?)
He doesn't understand INTP concision. It's not about conveying less information. It's rooted in Ti aesthetics.
Also, it's impossible to judge BEFORE perceiving.

Much of this is superficial regurgitation of theories he hasn't really grasped coupled with almost no understanding of the types.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
Is it just me or has that dude done some fucked up shit to his eyebrows? They can't be that thick, straight and far apart.:shock:

/OT

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I've seen him before. It's difficult to listen to him because he sounds retarded.

He directly contradicts himself. (INTPs both have a broader outlook and filter less but manage to acquire LESS information?)
He doesn't understand INTP concision. It's not about conveying less information. It's rooted in Ti aesthetics.
Also, it's impossible to judge BEFORE perceiving.

Much of this is superficial regurgitation of theories he hasn't really grasped coupled with almost no understanding of the types.

Awwww, :(. I thought it was a pretty good description, and it really resonated with me. Personally, I tend to be attracted to all different kinds of information, not always relevant, and when I discover something I find interesting I bleed it dry. That is to say, I'll run with the information and try to deduce as much from it as possible. I like to craft as many judgments as I can from as little external data as I can (although I'm generally not steadfast in those judgments). Anecdotally, I've observed the INTJs I know cite lots of facts (more than I would possibly want to keep in my head), but they seem to have done less work with exploring all the random implications of those facts. Almost like being consumers of theories or regurgitaters of information rather than practitioners of thorough logical analysis. I could go on, but it seems as though you've made up your mind. /shrug

Nicodemus

Anecdotally, I've observed the INTJs I know cite lots of facts (more than I would possibly want to keep in my head), but they seem to have done less work with exploring all the random implications of those facts. Almost like being consumers of theories or regurgitaters of information rather than practitioners of thorough logical analysis. I could go on, but it seems as though you've made up your mind. /shrug
Now I have to give up my secret hypothesis that you are an INTJ...

To me, exploring all the random implications of facts seems tedious and potentially futile. I just drop information in my mind and trust it to bubble up working theories when there is application potential. And I trust my instinct to tell me when something is worth a more conscious exploration.

R

Riva

It's nothing special, nothing that is already out there already written down.

INTPs are more concise than INTJs? INTPs seem a bit more structured than INTJs in their posts but more concise?

R

Riva

Maybe you are a intj? ... No no I know. From what I have noticed intjs are concise especially in speech. If enthusiastic they will be informative than usual but still will be to the point. Intps in speech will shower you with information and has a higher possibility of going off topic.
This is a concise answer without structure. Bad INTP! :mad:
Lolz

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
I wonder what [MENTION=14757]Doctorjuice[/MENTION] is up to these days?

Im sure he's just busy.

Indeed I am. I want to get back to making videos as soon as possible!

This has got to be one of the most accurate and lucid descriptions of the differences between INTJs and INTPs that I've ever seen.

Mmyes, I agree. ;) Hahaha.

The critiques I have of my own video:

Saying INTPs are more concise than INTJs I'm unsure of at the moment. There are many elements to conciseness and it's just very hard to say that one type is, as a whole, more concise than the other (on average). For instance, INTPs can really logically boil something down into its very roots and most basic elements. They are more equipped to do this than an INTJ. However, because of their need to be precise they may explain something in a very complicated manner just to be as precise as possible. And because they're good at seeing satellite possibilities, they may go off on tangents to account for them.

When I said judging first and then perceiving, I meant judging takes priority (for the INTP). You can't judge information without having any information! Poor choice of words, haha. Here are some of the general ideas I was trying to get across: INTPs will have a more limited source of information to work with as opposed to say ENTPs. INTPs have the tendency to cut themselves off from information, to confine themselves only to a certain area.

In a general sense: INTJs' information is more specified but in greater volume. INTPs' information has more variety but less volume. Imagine the INTJ having a 300kg jar full of cake balls related to chocolate. The INTP would have a 200kg jar full of random objects. (Oversimplified, silly analogy but I think it gets the point across.)

That being said, similar to my statement on conciseness, information has so many elements to it that it is hard to say that one type takes in more information as a whole than another type. However, I am much more confident in my statements on information than I am on conciseness.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The critiques I have of my own video:

Saying INTPs are more concise than INTJs I'm unsure of at the moment.
lol. That was the only thing I agreed with.

There are many elements to conciseness and it's just very hard to say that one type is, as a whole, more concise than the other (on average). For instance, INTPs can really logically boil something down into its very roots and most basic elements. They are more equipped to do this than an INTJ. However, because of their need to be precise they may explain something in a very complicated manner just to be as precise as possible. And because they're good at seeing satellite possibilities, they may go off on tangents to account for them.
This just makes the person in question a poor communicator. Not all INTPs are created equal.
Precision and concision are related, not oppositional.

: INTPs will have a more limited source of information to work with as opposed to say ENTPs.
Not in my experience.
INTPs have the tendency to cut themselves off from information, to confine themselves only to a certain area.
Not in my experience.

In a general sense: INTJs' information is more specified but in greater volume. INTPs' information has more variety but less volume.
Another contradiction.

INTPs are usually good at spotting inconsistencies and contradictions. You don't appear to be.

RicPTmc

MBTI Type
DNA
Instinctual Variant
sx
Who would have imagined that even NF's know more than INTJ's than INTJ's themselves!!
If NF's do what they do (speak about and with a INTJ)... what a INTP would not do?

The point of knowing something is primarily to know self. Not to equate logical fights with others.
Where does that inferiority comes? Such to make an INTJ or whoever want to be more than others?
But, not even INTJ's know that, much less the others... Or do they?