• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How old were you when you first heard about Myer-Briggs and, how old are you now?

segovois

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
18, 28 - but really anderstood (what little i anderstood) 3 years ago

Daemon Corax

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
16, 18 - compared to most of you, absolute newbie.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
16, 33.

Wow, I've spent over half my life acquainted with MBTI.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Heard about it in passing over the years, but didn't know what it was. Eventually run across the dichotomies, probably online, but can't wrap my brain around it, so then keep moving. I get into temperament (The APS system I talk about) through my wife, at 38. Two years later, someone introduces us to Keirsey, and from there, I learn about the MBTI system. So this is 40. It took almost another year to settle on a type. 46 now.

I'm so into it now, but seem to be such a late bloomer compared to others. I wish I knew about it when in teens, as it explained a lot of things, including part of my "weirdness" (heavy S environment). All I knew back then, was from the discussion my father gave one time about introversion and extroversion. And then, I noticed among the extroverts, that some were more light and airy, and others were more serious. For introverts, it was harder to tell the difference. He also discussed "head" vs "heart" another time. And he favored "concrete" reality over too much "abstraction".
IT seems all of this stuff is so implicit in life, even though many do not take it seriously.

StephMC

Controlled Mischief
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was 22 I think? I'm 26 now.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Around 20-21, 27.

I always analyzed patterns I saw in people, and realized some people seemed more intuitive/in outer space more than others, but I just didn't have the fancypants names for it all, until I fell into MBTI.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was 8 when I learned about it, and my parents were convinced I was INTP, but by age 10 they changed their call to ISTP, and it remained that way for a long time till I was age 18 which I am now that they finally decided the way I was acting when I was 8, as an INTP was my natural state and that when I got older I just developed more S traits, but your old self cannot hide forever, and I have now reverted back to my natural state as an INTP ever since age 15, but my parents took 3 years to see it!

SubtleFighter

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was probably about 22, and now I'm 28.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I was around 17 or so, 23 now.