• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anxiety Disorders and Typing

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I tried to do a search to see if this would be an annoying repeat threat, but didn't find anything in the first 10 pages of the search results!

I am new at this whole MBTI typing thing, so I've been trying to do some research into it. I am having difficulty figuring out whether I should be focusing on my personality as a child or as an adult. Beginning as a teen I began to develop anxiety disorders. I have general anxiety, complete with panic attacks, OCD, and social anxiety. Obviously this has created a lot of contrast in what I would consider to be my basic personality traits at different times in my life.

I just wanted to know how you all approach typing someone who has anxiety disorders or other conditions like depression or bipolar disorder. I am also interested in how you would type someone who has gone through traumatic life events.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's difficult because there is the likelihood that you adopted functions as a child that were not your natural or innate functions. Function tests and MBTI are a good place to start, but you will have to take results with a grain of salt, basically. It might be hard to find your best fit personality-type-wise because the real you might be buried a bit. Have you thought about trying to find the real you? The one buried under the trauma?

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
It's difficult because there is the likelihood that you adopted functions as a child that were not your natural or innate functions. Function tests and MBTI are a good place to start, but you will have to take results with a grain of salt, basically. It might be hard to find your best fit personality-type-wise because the real you might be buried a bit. Have you thought about trying to find the real you? The one buried under the trauma?

It has been my mission for years! It's extremely frustrating. It's like trying to outsmart myself.