• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is she?

Katriona1992

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey,
I've met one of my friend's older sisters who really intrigue me. Can you help type her (both in terms of MBTI and Enneagram) please? I am not going to use the standard form supplied in the stickies cos I am not her and will not know most of the answers to those questions.

So, random facts:

- Enjoys acting/performing. Wants to make a career out of it.

- Excelled in art, history and english back in high school. By excell I literally mean As for every task and top three in the subject at least. She is awful at maths/science subjects though.

- Gym junkie and very health conscious. Her lunch is always some kind of salad.

- Enjoys blogging. She updates her profile multiple times every single day even if its just to show that she is "at the xyz library".

- Very socially active and pretty popular. However, the very few times I have actually seen her in a party, she seems to alternate between holding back a little (i.e. circling the main group and/or spending large amount of time at food/drink areas) or seems to be going overboard in that her dance movements/laughter seems a little excessive. Gets so drunk she pukes everytime too.

- Very quiet in lectures. Does not speak unless spoken to and takes notes on everything. Often hang back to chat with professors about the things she doesn't understand.

- Very emotional on the surface. Her typical sentence starts with "OMG, I am SO pissed/stressed/dead....". However, I have also noticed she enjoys starring off to space every now and then and looks extremely sad while doing so. When asked if she's okay, she only replies "yes" and then keeps on staring.

- Goes for leadership positions. Only want the ones she is interested in though.

- Most people find her a "bit wierd" around the edges and she can seem a bit slow in getting jokes. No one disputes her actual intelligience though.

- Very tidy when she is on campus (hair brushed back and combined tight to her scalp). Dresses like a hippy (for lack of better words) outside though (seeing her with her hair wild and all around her shoulders, leather jacket, long summer dress and leather high heel boots is considered normal)

- Walks funny (her head kinda bobs up and down and she skips a little sometimes)

- Massive cat lover.

Type please?

Also, compaitable with 3w4 ENTP? <---- THATS ME.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESFP 4w3 so/sx?

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I second the ESFP vote. Not sure about her enneagram. I'd've guessed 6w7 though.

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree on ESFP, but I'd say 6w7/7w6 tied with 3w4.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I'd wager ESF...X!

And I'm sure your romantic endeavors with this fine female can only result in a positive experience, as long as she's not crazy and you're not insane.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Quit stalking me!

Okay, just kidding, I don't want to act as a career.

I'd say she's an xSFP. I don't know if these periods of quiet, or staring off into space (she may not be sad at all), and so forth is actually her being an ambiverted ISFP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I second the ESFP vote. Not sure about her enneagram. I'd've guessed 6w7 though.

Can I ask you as an ENFP why you don't think ENFP? Just curious.

And I'm not totally certain she's an extrovert if she is so quiet in class and has periods of silence, and even hangs to herself sometimes at parties, because she may be very social because...she's in college.

I had tons of friends and went to parties when I was 21, too. It could be her age.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can I ask you as an ENFP why you don't think ENFP? Just curious.
You know, I'm not actually sure, come to think of it. I tend to type by "vibe", and the girl that the OP described sounds rather different from me and very similar to a younger ESFP girl that I knew in school.

Your comment about introversion now makes me think that she may be ISFP, but again, not getting that vibe.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
You know, I'm not actually sure, come to think of it. I tend to type by "vibe", and the girl that the OP described sounds rather different from me and very similar to a younger ESFP girl that I knew in school.

Your comment about introversion now makes me think that she may be ISFP, but again, not getting that vibe.

Oh well what he describes sounds VERY much like me, like almost eerily so, especially when I was teens/early twenties...I am less social now, though, and it's intentional, though I can be talkative when I want to be and like to meet new people.

I even do the skip when walking thing.

So yes let's go with xSFP, I don't know her in person well enough to say, but when he said she has a "weird" vibe, I thought maybe more likely ISFP or ENFP, the two ambivert hippie stereotypes.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISFP or ENFJ, 6w7 or 4w3... that stare-into-the-distance-and-look-existentially-sad thing is pretty hallmark Ni.

Katriona1992

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just a quick update which I might think would be useful in determining her type.

She has been having a meltdown this week. To be fair, it was quite a dramatic incident- her professor who she was pretty close with on a personal level was diagnosed with uterus cancer and had to go into treatment. At the same time, her project which was once supervised by said teacher is due VERY soon and yet the substitute professor sucks/doesn't seem to care. Her project is more than 50% of her yearly mark. Anyways, her emotions:

- does not say anything initially. walked off without a word as soon as the announcement was over. friends call after her telling her to relax. she does not respond or even seem to acknowledge them.
- did not talk to her friends. Stared into space the entire time we had lunch and sat slightly apart from everyone else.
- I kinda walked into her crying. She was sitting in the corner of the library and both her hands were clutched tightly onto her mouth so that her sobs were deliberately muffled. She also propped one of her textbooks up on the table so that she looked like she was reading. Naturally, I did not disturb her and just walked away.
- I tried comforting her later but did not know how to start. I didn't mention that I saw her crying but asked if she was okay. Also, told her I knew about her teacher's sickness. Surprisingly, she smiled at me and said that she was "perfectly fine". She then went on to ask about my day and laughs throughout our conversation. Walks off without the usual light hearted skip though and her laughter was definitely strained.

What type is she?

Katriona1992

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, how would you suggest comforting her? I don't want to take advantage of her sadness (ew! no!) but I really want her to know that she can talk to me yet I don't want to overdo it so I seem nosy? I also want to calm down her.

I plan on:
- explaining to her that her teacher's cancer is still in its infant state. the teacher is old already (aged 55+) and removing the uterus will not only eliminate the cancer entirely but there is no loss since the teacher cannot reproduce due to her age anyways.
- telling her that it is okay to be sad. However, she has been like this for the last three days and her project is kind of due in a week. Maybe it'll be more wise to focus on the task at hand?
- that having a bad substitute in these times is awful but its reality. Rather, she should seek tutors or third year students if she is having trouble?

Are these good ideas? Would I seem like I am "cold hearted"? To be honest, I don't really get how Feeler types react when placed under pressure (but I AM trying to learn). If it was me, I would have cried/shown some kind of emotion quite openly as soon I knew and I'd write a letter to the faculty complaining about the incompetence of the substitute. I would be visibly upset to my friends (nothing like a nice big group hug or at least a pat on the shoulder) but I will try to make the best out of the situation and push through with my project anyways because, like it or not, it has already happened and tears aren't going to change anything.

Thanks peeps.