• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Emotional Intelligence?

gromit

likes this
Only 23, so still young and immature....which I imagine is the perception anyhow. It does hold me back because I cannot keep my temper in check and if I do keep it in check it merely builds up and up. Sometimes I can dissapate it but not often.

The trouble is I dont understand social conventions very well and im constantly being told what to do, how to think and what im thinking, because my actions and words dont fit into some pre-conceived notion of what is the correct thing to do. So people annoy the shit out of me and I dont understand them or their points.

I am 28, not too much older. I still feel like it is a lifetime journey. Which is frustrating in some ways, but also cool, because you can always find a new challenge that maybe you weren't aware of at earlier stages, because you weren't even ready to see it, had to learn other things first. Try not to beat up on yourself, and surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you. :) These are things that have helped me to grow/change for the better. Makes it a lot easier, reinforces the good, particularly when I'm in a tougher situation.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I am 28, not too much older. I still feel like it is a lifetime journey. Which is frustrating in some ways, but also cool, because you can always find a new challenge that maybe you weren't aware of at earlier stages, because you weren't even ready to see it, had to learn other things first. Try not to beat up on yourself, and surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you. :) These are things that have helped me to grow/change for the better. Makes it a lot easier, reinforces the good, particularly when I'm in a tougher situation.

Well I agree. I think once you stop growing you stop living.

I remember a story once about someone confronting a creature that was born into immortality. "Ive lived more in my years than you have in your entire existance, that which dont die cant learn and that which dont learn cant live. You've never lived madam!"

Or something like that. Sounds like soppy nonsense but it does have a point.

However I think my time is up, ive had far too much time to deliberate and go over my options and fix my current problems. This whining self indulgence needs to stop.

Anyhow, back on topic, do you believe in the correlation of MBTI T and F types in regards to emotional intelligence?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It does doesn't it? The whole me and mine thing? Yet people say I demonstrate strong Fe.

I also seem to have a degree of Se....ESFP?

Anyway that's getting off topic.

ESFP doesn't talk about cosmology. ENFP maybe.