• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A question to all Ne dominants (ENFP/ENTP) or anyone that knows about Ne!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you're an intp you use ne constantly... You are just having a difficult time recognizing right?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You probably use Ne fine... Seems like Ti and Si are a weird combination for Ne, so.... DIFFERENT or something... like if you have Fi like myself, the Fi can kind of validate a lot of the stuff easily and let the Ne go ahead and do it's thing.. I feel like Ti and Si would be a constant like- like one of those game shows that buzzes loudly when someone gets something wrong. like BRRRRRRRP! NO! Try again!!! So it may feel like you're not using it when really you are using it in an efficient way.... The way that actually checks it well and can tell if it's going in the right direction with things.

But I guess it depends on your definition of "effective" and what you are aiming for.

A

Anew Leaf

You probably use Ne fine... Seems like Ti and Si are a weird combination for Ne, so.... DIFFERENT or something... like if you have Fi like myself, the Fi can kind of validate a lot of the stuff easily and let the Ne go ahead and do it's thing.. I feel like Ti and Si would be a constant like- like one of those game shows that buzzes loudly when someone gets something wrong. like BRRRRRRRP! NO! Try again!!! So it may feel like you're not using it when really you are using it in an efficient way.... The way that actually checks it well and can tell if it's going in the right direction with things.

But I guess it depends on your definition of "effective" and what you are aiming for.

This is what I have encountered as the big difference between me and my NTP friends. Even my ENTP friends have a breaking point with Ne where they go, ok... this no longer makes sense... and that's about the point where I am really just now getting started.

A

Anew Leaf

This is what I have encountered as the big difference between me and my NTP friends. Even my ENTP friends have a breaking point with Ne where they go, ok... this no longer makes sense... and that's about the point where I am really just now getting started.

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I imagine somebody working in pest control being asked to brainstorm for new ways to find and kill stray kittens.
Or brainstorming promotional messages to make people drink beverages that cause cancer.

Many people are put in such situations every day.

I don't think Fi is as eager as you describe to let Ne run around freely.

Permabanned

@bold: yes, I can attest to having noticed this behavior in NFP's :doh: :dont:

xisnotx

Permabanned
Ne is used in the moment. You can't sit down and be like "Ok, I'll think in terms of Ne"...it's only activated when the appropriate stimulus is present. So, put yourself in an Ne environment first and foremost.

I've interacted with Ne doms a lot, and I've always had to get over the "but that doesn't make sense" urge I have around them. They say something, and my initial reaction is to analyze it...but if instead of doing that, I just go with it (accept it, regardless of its truth value) and move the conversation along, I'll find myself in many "Wait, what?" situations where I'll have to "stretch" the idea to make it make sense in regards to the idea it spawned from. Which is what Ne wants...

Think of it as throwing your thoughts out there, unthought.

With the right person, they'll throw them right back at you, changed slightly. Others just think you're crazy, so you just go back to Ti and relate it to them specifically...but with other Ne users, no relation is necessary.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
G

Ginkgo

[MENTION=14543]Mitsuko Souma[/MENTION]
Open your mind. Really try to push the envelope of what you think is possible. Let all judgements and fears holding back possibilities go away. Put yourself in situations that force you to expand your mind. Try new things. Don't reject ANYTHING. Put yourself outside your comfort zone.

It really seems like standalone Ne just jumps outside the envelope without ever really coming to terms with the envelope.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Put yourself in new situations and work on making as many connections as possible. Walk into a new environment, focus on any one thing, and see how many "random" associations you can make. Ne works by "chaining": yellow -> sun -> solar system -> Ms. Frizzle -> kid's TV -> Barney -> dinosaurs -> prehistoric era -> cavemen -> meat -> turkey leg -> Thanksgiving -> Christmas -> snow -> white -> colors -> yellow. The further you can expand the list of linkages, the better. Also, once you hit a pretty long list out from your first idea, challenge yourself to get back to where you started, and quickly. The fewer links you take to get back to where you started, the better. The first exercise makes you connect more broadly; the second, more quickly. The more you do of either, the better you will get at both.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It really seems like standalone Ne just jumps outside the envelope without ever really coming to terms with the envelope.

I think as far as Ne is concerned, the envelope is just another element in a whole wide world of millions and billions of elements. It's generally cast off because it's limiting and ignored for more interesting outward connections, though it will be considered if the situation really calls for it. I would agree that Ni is much better at considering the implications of the envelope, but Ne isn't totally envelope-blind; it just usually doesn't consider the envelope to be a very important factor.

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP

Yes, this. Thinking outside the box? What box? Why would I want a box? :huh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Mushrooms !!!!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HRFiT-CUJw"].[/YOUTUBE]

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I guess... If you're an entp
I can't tell yet.

Neither can I. I am an Ne dom though: this I am pretty damn sure of. It actually may turn out that you and I are the same mbti and enneagram type. Now that would be interesting.