• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Long term cognitive function failures

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Mine was to believe Si/Ni (especially Si) as it emerged on me 10 years ago. It had huge influence on me and made me inhibited.

Ni is the good thing that emerged for me. I guess Si is of some use. Anyways, I took it to the extremes and it was a failure for me, although a learning experience.

Jaguar

You never know what flavor you're gonna get when you break open a bag of Santtus.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mine was to believe Si/Ni (especially Si) as it emerged on me 10 years ago. It had huge influence on me and made me inhibited.

Ni is the good thing that emerged for me. I guess Si is of some use. Anyways, I took it to the extremes and it was a failure for me, although a learning experience.

I don't know what you mean either. Can you elaborate further?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You probably all know I don't believe much in MBTI these days, I mostly spend some time here to joke at some inconsistencies within the system and such. And - in a recent post I recognized my function development order as most closely Ne-Ti-Fe-Si, that of an ENTP. Then I made an attempt (here) to translate some of my experience into typoc-speak.

Perhaps I should be clear for a change. About 10 years ago I recognized the need to think of the consequences of my actions in a more long-term manner, something that the people here would probably recognize as Ni/Si process. I got interested of systems, regularity, continuation, good plans, systemizing and such. My motivation was to be able to bring my plans into effect and start thinking ahead. I also didn't want to just go with the flow but I wanted to learn wisdom.

All of this Si/Ni thinking in the last 10 years have been good to me, but it's made me too resistant of change, my plans too detailed and my reliance of spontaneity has decreased. I've been less flexible. I've added order and order to my life and I've measured myself by the successes and failures in bringing order to my life. It's a possible way of life, but in doing so, I've neglected the source of innovative flexibility I've relied on before with good results. Typoc speak would probably identify that as Ne.

I've thought about my own development, Ni/Ne style of functions for a few years now, and I feel that the circle is closed. I've learned some Ni/Si, a fraction of wisdom, but I'm living an inhibited life trying to make myself an organizer. I can organize yeah, but I don't need to rely on organized plans to get my stuff done. Actually, it often makes me accomplish less.

So, there's the wall of text, lol