• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Explain my party personality

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I have come to the conclusion lately that I'm only mildly introverted, but certainly introverted. But something I really get a lot of personal fulfillment out of is facilitating connections between people who I think should know each other. I hate schmoozing and networking as a general rule--I don't get anything out of that for myself and hate going to parties where I don't really know many people. But I really LOVE inviting a group of excellent people to be in a room together so that they can know each other better.

I'm thinking this has to do with Fe.

EXPLAIN MY PARTY PERSONALITY.

:)

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds like you're more xNFJ? Heavy on the Fe. I could certainly see an ENFJ being like this.

I kind of have a "party personality" too but it's more to do with having a great love of fun times with my friends. Ie., having the perfect balance of friends and good times happening together. However, I don't relate as much to your love of inviting a good group of people to get together. It kind of stresses me out, actually, because I worry that they're not going to like each other, that they won't have fun, etc... I have more fun when it's a group or a small number of people where I know we all really get along. When I do invite a somewhat disparate group to get together, it's more because I somehow feel sort of socially obliged. And I can get so stressed out I don't really enjoy myself...

I would describe myself as being quite Fe-heavy too but it's more in an ISFJ sort of way. Tact, diplomacy and helping people feel at ease generally loom quite large in my life. :)

Lightyear

I have come to the conclusion lately that I'm only mildly introverted, but certainly introverted. But something I really get a lot of personal fulfillment out of is facilitating connections between people who I think should know each other. I hate schmoozing and networking as a general rule--I don't get anything out of that for myself and hate going to parties where I don't really know many people. But I really LOVE inviting a group of excellent people to be in a room together so that they can know each other better.

I'm thinking this has to do with Fe.

EXPLAIN MY PARTY PERSONALITY.

:)

Makes sense to me. During my 29th birthday party friends of mine from all walks of life and with all sorts of different convictions were in a room together (having some Eritrean food) and we had a great time, they just really clicked and for a change I actually felt in my element (normally I don't like parties), going from person to person, trying to involve them in the conversation, introducing them to each other etc. I definitely think it's Fe.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It seems not entirely unusual to me. I have trouble conencting at a party where I don't know anyone there very well (though there have even been exceptions to this rule), but if a few of my friends are there, even if they aren't in the conversation I am in, I can become very outgoing and talkative.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Makes sense to me. During my 29th birthday party friends of mine from all walks of life and with all sorts of different convictions were in a room together (having some Eritrean food) and we had a great time, they just really clicked and for a change I actually felt in my element (normally I don't like parties), going from person to person, trying to involve them in the conversation, introducing them to each other etc. I definitely think it's Fe.

It seems not entirely unusual to me. I have trouble conencting at a party where I don't know anyone there very well (though there have even been exceptions to this rule), but if a few of my friends are there, even if they aren't in the conversation I am in, I can become very outgoing and talkative.

I will say that one reason I feel like I'm still an introvert is that mostly I just like gathering folks together in a place, not flitting about and socializing. I still mostly enjoy hanging back and watching it all (and by "it all" I mean people who I think should be friends becoming friends) happen (though I also enjoy some amount of socializing as long as I don't become any kind of central attraction in the room).

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I will say that one reason I feel like I'm still an introvert is that mostly I just like gathering folks together in a place, not flitting about and socializing. I still mostly enjoy hanging back and watching it all (and by "it all" I mean people who I think should be friends becoming friends) happen (though I also enjoy some amount of socializing as long as I don't become any kind of central attraction in the room).

A fair point. Even in my examples, and in situations where I do talk to people I don't know well, I tend to have a singular, long conversation with a group of maybe 2 to 4 people rather than drifting from group to group, as some people do. It could be that I find small talk (which almost invariable dominates the first few minutes of conversation) a semi-necessary nuisance that I try to engage in as little as possible. You learn nothing of substance (usually) and you don't discuss any interesting ideas or events.