• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you REALLY think about ENFPs?

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To women that know any male ENFP: what do you think of them? Have you been attracted to any ENFP 7w6 in your life? If yes or no, why? Have you ever dated one? Tell everything about it: what you like in them, and what not...

I want to know because even though I'm generally well-liked everywhere, but I have been having some problems in my personal life, with emphasis in my love life. So, I want to know more about how the world sees male ENFPs.

I tried to make this question the less dramatic and personal as possible, so I'm sorry if it still feels thit way. I want to keep the discussion going and help fellow ENFPs to know more about themselves above everything here.

I intend to adress this question to women, but men are welcome to answer as well.

gromit

likes this
Seems like dating can be hard for many heterosexual NF men because they do not fit a lot of the masculine stereotypes, at least how it appears on the forums. It also seems that the ones who have success at dating are the ones who forget about insecurities about how they feel they are supposed to be and live with purpose and confidence as to who they are and what they want, even if it is a little bit outside the mainstream.

I do know that [MENTION=9958]stalemate[/MENTION] is an ENFP man, married to an ESTJ (?) woman with a very cute baby :)

I don't know the types of most people I know in real life unfortunately. I suspect my former roommate was ENFP (or maybe ENTP). He had a fiancee though and then married, so I never thought of him as potential dating material. But we had lots of fun as roommates, cooking, silly conversations, random outings.

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Seems like dating can be hard for many heterosexual NF men because they do not fit a lot of the masculine stereotypes, at least how it appears on the forums. It also seems that the ones who have success at dating are the ones who forget about insecurities about how they feel they are supposed to be and live with purpose and confidence as to who they are and what they want, even if it is a little bit outside the mainstream.

I do know that [MENTION=9958]stalemate[/MENTION] is an ENFP man, married to an ESTJ (?) woman with a very cute baby :)

I don't know the types of most people I know in real life unfortunately. I suspect my former roommate was ENFP (or maybe ENTP). He had a fiancee though and then married, so I never thought of him as potential dating material. But we had lots of fun as roommates, cooking, silly conversations, random outings.

Yeah, I've read stuff like that too, but that's not really the problem for me. I made the question because of some situations that have been happening, and I'm blaming my personality.

ENFP + ESTJ? I dated an ESTJ one time, it seemed about right in the beginning, but after 3 months it became impossible to keep on. We're friends now, though. Anyway, this [MENTION=9958]stalemate[/MENTION] could come here and give the poor young man here some tips, right? :f

gromit

likes this
Yeah I don't think he's on the forum as much anymore. Best of luck to you!

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I am still around. :)

What kind issues? You can PM me if you don't want to get into it here, but the thread so far is pretty vague.

Gromit is right, I am married to an ESTJ and we have the cutest kid ever (he will be 3 later this year!). We get along great, been married for 12 years, dated for 3 before that. It works partly because of something else Gromit said. I don't care about being like "most guys." I never have and probably some girls when I was younger didn't appreciate it.

I am comfortable to let my wife go all Te over everything and I don't feel emasculated because of it like I can imagine a lot of guys would. She is comfortable to let me go all Ne silly or sit around crying over a commercial because it just feels right lol.

We have out disagreements but overall it works great. If there is something specific you want me to comment about let me know.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I was discussing with my wife just yesterday that my ISFJ sister looks at me with such disrespect and borderline disgust. Like every time I talk she is looking at someone from another planet.

I thought this was relevant when I started the comment and now I can't remember where I was headed with it but I am posting it anyway. :p

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was discussing with my wife just yesterday that my ISFJ sister looks at me with such disrespect and borderline disgust. Like every time I talk she is looking at someone from another planet.

I thought this was relevant when I started the comment and now I can't remember where I was headed with it but I am posting it anyway. :p

:rofl1: :hug:

ENFPs.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFPs are very loud and dramatic people, more so than any other type in my opinion.

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What kind issues? You can PM me if you don't want to get into it here, but the thread so far is pretty vague.

I am comfortable to let my wife go all Te over everything and I don't feel emasculated because of it like I can imagine a lot of guys would. She is comfortable to let me go all Ne silly or sit around crying over a commercial because it just feels right lol.

We have out disagreements but overall it works great. If there is something specific you want me to comment about let me know.

You let she goes all Te and she lets you go all Ne, it must be hard, but it seems like a very good relationship. And yeah, it does seems vague, I know... I'd pm you but it's hard to put on words. Maybe this will limit the range of all my drama: ISTPs are the core of my problem. The essence of all my issues. Oh God ISTPs...
But it's not about them, it's about me thinking that ENFP should be an exclusively woman's type. I'm trying to prove myself wrong but it's getting tough.

ENFPs are very loud and dramatic people, more so than any other type in my opinion.

no no, this is so ENFJ.
ENFJs = dramatic and loud
We can be dramatic, but ENFJs are masters in this area. And damn, they're loud.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The most dramatic person I know is an ISTP male. :dry:

And an ENFP female.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
it's about me thinking that ENFP should be an exclusively woman's type. I'm trying to prove myself wrong but it's getting tough.
Dude! I have facial hair and everything!!!!!

I kinda get what you mean in a way, but I don't feel like not a man. I just feel like a lot of men are big meat head morons. I define manliness for myself. :)

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
See how manly I look?

20120427-fwi7j9f1scx94pnf1rsm2adt8i.jpg

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
But it's not about them, it's about me thinking that ENFP should be an exclusively woman's type. I'm trying to prove myself wrong but it's getting tough.
Can you elaborate some? Like does this make you behave in a way you don't like to behave in order to compensate? Or do you not think they treat you the way you should be treated? How is this manifesting itself as a relationship problem?

Trying to figure out how this is about you exactly (not saying it isn't, i just want to understand).

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dude! I have facial hair and everything!!!!!

I kinda get what you mean in a way, but I don't feel like not a man. I just feel like a lot of men are big meat head morons. I define manliness for myself. :)

See how manly I look?

20120427-fwi7j9f1scx94pnf1rsm2adt8i.jpg

Hahahah omg! Yes, you are very manly, congrats! There's a lot of facial hair over there and this super manly necklace to prove that!

You are probably right. ENFP males sure are not the men stereotype, and this is actually pretty cool. God, I'm silly...

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
You are probably right. ENFP males sure are not the man stereotype, and this is actually pretty cool. Man, I'm silly...
Man, I say be who you are AND. OWN. IT!

Don't even worry about being silly. Silly is good. Not being silly is also good.

I'm kind of curious how old you are? I'm 34. Maybe I've had more time to get comfortable than you. (it seems like a lot of the forum is mid 20s age range, could be confirmation bias).

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Hahahah omg! Yes, you are very manly, congrats! There's a lot of facial hair over there and this super manly necklace to prove that!
By the way, my wife took that photo. She turned around to see what I was doing and saw me wearing her necklace and asking her to snap a pic. She laughed.

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can you elaborate some? Like does this make you behave in a way you don't like to behave in order to compensate? Or do you not think they treat you the way you should be treated? How is this manifesting itself as a relationship problem?

Trying to figure out how this is about you exactly (not saying it isn't, i just want to understand).

This is so ENFP. I can really relate to you, mate :happy2:
Okay, it's not any of that. It's more like a existencial drama, something that happens to me from times to times. It's not only one factor, it's a combinations of happenings. It's basicly me suddenly perceiving all of my flaws and errors. It's me comparing myself to other friends and seeing what they accomplished and what I didn't. Situations with two ISTP girls... and I ended up blaming my personality with my unstructured and unrational Fi.

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Man, I say be who you are AND. OWN. IT!

Don't even worry about being silly. Silly is good. Not being silly is also good.

I'm kind of curious how old you are? I'm 34. Maybe I've had more time to get comfortable than you. (it seems like a lot of the forum is mid 20s age range, could be confirmation bias).

YEEEAH, so, huh, this might sounds lame...
I'm an immature brazilian teenager with 17 years old and counting.

Be who I am. AND. OWN. IT. I'll remember that, thank you :D

Mia.

To women that know any male ENFP: what do you think of them? Have you been attracted to any ENFP 7w6 in your life? If yes or no, why? Have you ever dated one? Tell everything about it: what you like in them, and what not...

My former boss is an ENFP, and I would wager he is also a 7. We get along great. He is very manly – his NFness comes off as very creative, charismatic, and visionary. I’m not attracted to him really, but that’s because I tend to go for types that are more my opposite. He flirts like crazy, and most people consider him very attractive and insanely charming.

Yeah, I've read stuff like that too, but that's not really the problem for me. I made the question because of some situations that have been happening, and I'm blaming my personality.

Blaming it for what?

Awesome, hehe.