• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you REALLY think about ENFPs?

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
This is so ENFP. I can really relate to you, mate :happy2:
Okay, it's not any of that. It's more like a existencial drama, something that happens to me from times to times. It's not only one factor, it's a combinations of happenings. It's basicly me perceiving all of my flaws and errors. It's me comparing myself to other friends and seeing what they accomplished and what I didn't. Situations with two ISTP girls... and I ended up blaming my personality my unstructured and unrational Fi.
Sometimes for me it is important to really take a look at what I consider an accomplishment vs what I think other people would consider an accomplishment. Most people (myself included) don't really accomplish a whole lot of anything. We just run around and look busy while the sun is shining. Not sure if that helps or makes it worse for you, but it is hard to be envious or contrasting yourself with other people when you consider a lot of people just live life on the hedonistic treadmill. Most of it is really pointless.

I'm not putting it down, just saying when you look at it for what it is, there isn't all that much meaningful stuff happening.

Unless they keep taking the girls you like. :D :tongue:

I know my personality has made some girls not like me before. It's cool though. They weren't for me and I wasn't for them. One girl in high school was on a date with me and I caught her glancing over her shoulder and she said she was worried someone was going to see us (the date hadn't even really started, we had driven to a theater and were in line to buy movie tickets). I offered to drive her home right then so she wouldn't have to be seen with me. She decline, we watched the movie, and never went out again. Stuff like off and on in my dating years. I dated one girl off and on for a while and she left me for a meathead 2 or 3 times. Not sure why I kept signing up for that nonsense. Who knows...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha, you guys are cracking me up here. I'd have chimed in earlier, but I'm really still figuring out this ENFP thing. But stalemate is onto something, you just have to own your own thing and don't be apologetic about it. Your path is going to be very different than those people you have been comparing yourself to.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Haha, you guys are cracking me up here. I'd have chimed in earlier, but I'm really still figuring out this ENFP thing.
By "figuring out this ENFP thing" you mean "hypnotized by stalemate's manly gaze." Right?

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
YEEEAH, so, huh, this might sounds lame...
I'm an immature brazilian teenager with 17 years old and counting.
Man, my whole thing about accomplishments might not make much sense to you at this point in your life. Hell it might not make much sense to anyone at all, but it made sense to me. :happy2:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
By "figuring out this ENFP thing" you mean "hypnotized by stalemate's manly gaze." Right?

What do you think I am... an INTJ? (Although I'm starting to think the counterpart for the femENFP/maleINTJ pairing is maleENFP/femINFJ).

Actually I was just talking to agentfurrina about what she was referring to as "ENFP Astigmatism"... need to start a thread on it if she isn't.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Actually I was just talking to agentfurrina about what she was referring to as "ENFP Astigmatism"... need to start a thread on it if she isn't.
I have astigmatism in my left eye. My right eye is pretty good though.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my enfp dad was a total rock star chick magnet...very cool and manly imo but not your traditional big buff sports watchin guys guy who works on cars n stuff and he totally cried at movies :laugh:

i also dated someone who was either enfp or entp. i'm sure he would be very confused that i'm doubting his enfpness because i never really did before...but i'm kinda thinking he might be entp...hell if i know..
anyway! he was totally james dean masculine...like devastatingly so
i don't know...i just don't buy the whole nfs aren't masculine thing...i don't see it

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have astigmatism in my left eye. My right eye is pretty good though.

Hah, she was referring to a phenomena where ENFPs have this unfocused astigmatic look about them, and have a tendency to talk to the air as opposed to the person.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Hah, she was referring to a phenomena where ENFPs have this unfocused astigmatic look about them, and have a tendency to talk to the air as opposed to the person.
That's basically my default mode and I'm actually somewhat self conscious about it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my enfp dad was a total rock star chick magnet...very cool and manly imo but not your traditional big buff sports watchin guys guy who works on cars n stuff and he totally cried at movies :laugh:

i also dated someone who was either enfp or entp. i'm sure he would be very confused that i'm doubting his enfpness because i never really did before...but i'm kinda thinking he might be entp...hell if i know..
i don't know...i just don't buy the whole nfs aren't masculine thing...i don't see it

Absolutely, ENFP males are completely capable of developing a swagger. I wonder if some ENFP males specifically shy away from the appearance of masculinity because they feel alienated from most males.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess I don't understand people very well who don't seem to value calm. ENFPs are fun at times but also have a tendency to become disruptive. And that really isn't civil. So I like them..they can be funny. Most all I have met are really friendly. That being said, also not people who I feel I could be around long-term. Generally I like them. A few of my friends are ENFPs and we play golf or joke.

Mia.

Yep, that's my former boss.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My brother is an ENFP too, he seems to be everyones favourite guy in a bar, he's not particularly loud but most feel at ease around him. He is definately a flirt but he's not overbearing or crass by any stretch. He's very respectful and sensitive while still being a big hulk of a manly guy. He is also an amazing father to his six year old son.

EDIT: Just saw Ladyx's post, i feel pretty similar. I think though that ENFP guys are less likely to have the machismo associated with the stereotype of an alpha male.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Someone once told me they thought I was either INTJ or ENFP because they said I was either using Ni or Ne and that it was backed up by based on what they were describing sounded like Te. Here is the message:

Your thoughts and your expression thereof in this video are much more Ni than INTP-ish. If you're Ne instead of Ni, then I'd say, you're ENFP. "Notes in a symphony"? Do INTPs even talk like that?

INTPs speak very much more precisely than you do, here.

Given your fascination with cosmology and focus on meaning and asking "why do we even exist in the first place?" I'd say you're INTJ.

For reference, I type others in terms of how they think, not "personality" or "behaviors". I'm saying "Ni" based on the qualities of your thinking, how you process information, not on your opinions. You're thinking in terms of dynamics, in terms of cause and effect. You're not thinking in terms of logic or definitions/classifications, which is what an INTP would do.

Me again:

LOL! INTJ and ENFP!? Those 2 types are about as many worlds apart as you can get.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Have you guys heard [MENTION=5578]bologna[/MENTION]'s voice? Manly. And Te* overload.

* chemical symbol for Testosterone.

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess I don't understand people very well who don't seem to value calm. ENFPs are fun at times but also have a tendency to become disruptive. And that really isn't civil. So I like them..they can be funny. Most all I have met are really friendly. That being said, also not people who I feel I could be around long-term. Generally I like them. A few of my friends are ENFPs and we play golf or joke.

Not long-term, really? I have never met one ENTP that we couldn't stick together for extensive times. Even though they all start making me mad after one or two years...

Have you guys heard [MENTION=5578]bologna[/MENTION]'s voice? Manly. And Te* overload.

* chemical symbol for Testosterone.

I wonder how frightening a Te overloaded voice would sound like.