• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFJs vs INFPs

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP

A video comparing and contrasting INFJs and INFPs. I mostly talk about their functions. Critiques are very welcome, though please refrain from blatant insults.

Input from anyone is welcome, especially INFJs and INFPs.

I'm also looking for input on INFPs and INFJs in general, not just my video.

For more MBTI videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/doctorjuice1?feature=mhee

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nice job explaining the differences.

I always enjoy your videos.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don’t know if I agree about INFJs being “more open and expressive with their emotions”. We might be more reactive to the emotions of people around us, though it’s really more an internal reaction- taking note of them happening, making sense of what it looks like we’re noticing by putting it in context and trying to understand ‘why’ they’re happening- and I can’t really say if we’re noticing others’ emotions more than INFPs. I’d guess that INFPs are just as sensitive to others’ emotions but for slightly different reasons. It seems like INFPs are more focused on noticing ‘what’ the emotions are, whereas INFJs immediately try to gleam ‘why’. But it’s all an internal reaction and I definitely wouldn’t say we’re more expressive with our emotions than INFPs. Many (if not most) of us really are actually pretty hesitant to come to any conclusion about how we feel about something in the first place. I’m even inclined to think the INFJs I know look far more like hard-to-read blank slates than the INFPs I know.

And far as INFJs only focusing on a couple topics at one time- I can see that being true, but that’s because a topic can implode with possibilities. There’s a long stream of causation which surfaces that we’ll want to explore- with a possible ‘why’, and another possible ‘why’ attached to that ‘why’, and so on. So I suspect your description of Ne being the one that explodes with possibilities might be misleading/unhelpful- it explodes with breadth and wants to move to different tangents, but Ni does explode in its own way with depth (and in the dominant position, in an even more pervasive way).

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I just now discovered this video and found it to be really good. I really liked the explanation of Ni and Ti as well as that of the Fi and Si. The coffee shop example was really great. I often go the coffee shop with my INFP friend, so it really did hit home. Loved it. Thank you for doing your videos. You do a fantastic job.

sulfit

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFJs complain more about other people, INFPs complain more about themselves.

INFJ vs. INFP

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really works for me. I always delve into something to find that core meaning. (Don't really go into the little side things about personality, I just want the core jist of every personality type, except my own because that's going to help me and others with how I work myself) Really helped figure out what Ni is. :) Definitely Fe because I never have a very strong opinion and it is very rare that I do. I'm open-minded as well. Ti is very strong for me because I can get frustrated when people aren't logically think straight. Se, oh my gosh-impluse feeling. Recently bought an expensive game system even though I don't have the most of money.

I'll definitely subscribe to your videos. :)