• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Well I haven't really considered any extroverted types, as he doesn't go out nor meets any friends. That says introverted to me, am I wrong?

I wouldn't say that he's too energetic, instead he's slow and patient. He would rather do something carefully in a way that he thinks works instead of adopting something new, that might help to complete the task faster and/or better.

Also, he is quite creative, or used to be at least. I think he might've lost the "ability" to be creative due to the difficulty to complete the tasks and instead moved to "mass production." However, he thought of how to assemble machines and how to make those "mass production" items without any education. Although, he does prefer consistency, even if someone else has a different idea of how it could be improved, which says conventional.

I also don't think that ESFJs are tend to do this kind of work.

Ok then, I'm thinking ISFJ heavy Ti.

open-close

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Sounds like he definitely has strong Fe – the concern for others
enforcing opinion on others & confident– J J J
The stong-in-religion thing is making me think stereotypical SJ, and the liking to keep to old ways, Si
And apparently introverted
ISFJ?
What with the carpenter and knack for putting things together, either experience or Ti (& maybe Se) tendencies, and ISFJ is Si>Fe>Ti>Ne so I think it fits really well if he developed Fe and Ti a lot, and Ne could come in with generating the new ideas and creativity and wanting to figure out new things, although Ne must be very overpowered by Si/Fe/Ti as I can't picture any strong Ne being that certain on everything, or anything actually (it gives me serious issues).

And talking a lot when he first meets people sounds exactly like me. I'm strongly introverted and I totally spazz out sometimes when I'm meeting new people, esp in small groups. The first time, they think I'm fun and talkative, and the next they keep asking me what's wrong. I think it's nervousness and stress because i hardly ever interact (the irony), and I get an unpleasantly huge adrenaline rush. If he's not great with social signals anyways, that could be distracting him. Maybe?

Lark

Grandparents are nearly always cooler than young people these days. I dont know when I started to think that way, probably towards the end of my twenties.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought it was INFP or ISFP, but after reading the descriptions it didn't match up...

It's my grandpa, he is a carpenter. He grew up in a farm, so he was used to all the "hard work" they did over there, I know that he couldn't kill the "sweet" animals, but could kill animals like pigs (sounds odd, doesn't it?). Later he went to the army so his 5 or so brothers wouldn't have to (at least one family member had to go to the army). He avoided the shooting and war part by tricking the officers that he was ill, and later he took on making and repairing all kinds of stuff: shoes, anything that's from wood, fixing clothes, etc., he was in good relationships with the higher rank officers, so good that they even let him out a few months earlier. When he got back, he was worried because he didn't have a job and had no money, and as it affected his psyche (shaking hands and things like that), the doctors advised him to take up something that he would like to do, so he chose to be a carpenter. When he was young, he used to make beautiful and creative things like closets and shelves (and something in between, that translates as compartment), tables and chairs, all kinds of creative and unique things. Later, however (probably around 40 or so), he started making small things that look alike, mass production in other words. He sells those items in the market by himself in a stand once a week, the rest of the time he's working.

He used to work overtime to appeal to the authority and he always brings something to his doctors so "they would take better care of him." He isn't close to anyone, but he does like to talk a lot when he meets somebody and he fails to notice that the one who he's talking to is bored to death, he just keeps going (always had, that's not the old age). He thinks that the government is bad and is failing the country (and it seems that he always thought that way about the different governments, however he does believe that there is "good" government, mostly something he hears on the radio that some guy is "doing a good job"). He is very religious and has been all his life. He believes in hard work and in the need to work. He doesn't believe that there is a way to have money without doing what you don't like and don't want. He wants independence in his work. He likes helping people, especially his relatives, for free. When relatives come by, he always gives a huge bunch of his work pieces (spoons and all that small stuff he makes now), even if they don't want it he makes them take it. He believes that one should have a good hard and never have any conflicts with any people. If someone asks for help, you should help and not ask for a reward, even if you are offered a reward, sometimes even if it's a complete stranger. Since he's very religious, he wanted to be a priest as a child, as that was the "best" "profession" around here at the time. He is very generous. For example, he used to constantly share what he bought for himself - candy, cookies, other food, even though he is poor himself. He collects all kinds of things, even from near trashcans or bums who bring him stuff. He gives the bums a couple bucks and takes that, even if it's stolen or found. Even if the item is damaged (an old rusty camera), he takes it and uses it as if it was "almost new" in his words. He thinks quite highly of himself and his abilities: he "knows a lot, is able to do a lot of different things "almost professionally," isn't stupid, and is able to think of a lot of unique ideas," again, in his words.

He believes that he is always right and is constantly trying to enforce his opinion on me (his grandson), even though I'm over 20. He is also arrogant in a way - he thinks that people are generally good and smart, but he also thinks that he is smarter than everyone who doesn't act "his way," for example are not religious. In the end, he believes that they all will "go to hell."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think that's enough information about the guy. I will be posting more personality descriptions to see if my typology is correct or not. Especially if there will be some discussion and answers. :)

If you have any questions - feel free to ask!

ISFJ is another possibility you should look into.

Edit: DUHHH, I hadn't read the previous posts!

Lark

Unfortunately most of them start repeating the same stories over and over again when they reach 80... :/

Its just because its harder to get out and make new ones you know?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I don't think that that's distracting him. He wants to talk a lot, so I think it's even a blessing for him, since he doesn't see that people feel the opposite of "good" when he goes for 2 hours about something.

3 people say he's an ISFJ, ISFJ it is. :)

Told you so