• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

probing some*

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
What kind of stuff you use to probe some community / person for what they are?

I go wild & uninhibited and ask stuff like travel destinations, politics, taste on the opposite sex, whatever.. and listen what they answer. Gives a revealing insight of what they come from.

So.. what do you think are the most probing questions or topics, that aren't trolling or baiting at the same time?

W

WALMART

you wanna get a person to open up? ask them about their home land.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
What kind of stuff you use to probe some community / person for what they are?

I go wild & uninhibited and ask stuff like travel destinations, politics, taste on the opposite sex, whatever.. and listen what they answer. Gives a revealing insight of what they come from.

So.. what do you think are the most probing questions or topics, that aren't trolling or baiting at the same time?

Do you mean what type they are? Usually I just watch them. (Introvert's response?)

Asking people what they do for a living, what they enjoy about it, why they do it, etc may also be useful, though I am personally ambivalent about asking that question because I think we put way too much stock in profession/livelihood as identity.

W

WALMART

Do you mean what type they are? Usually I just watch them. (Introvert's response?)

Asking people what they do for a living, what they enjoy about it, why they do it, etc may also be useful, though I am personally ambivalent about asking that question because I think we put way too much stock in profession/livelihood as identity.

yeah, i'm sure my cousin could make his telemarketing job sound like a sweet fucking deal

what kinds of things would you be looking for?

Suzy

MBTI Type
INTP
Ask them the question: "If your life were to be made a movie, what couple-word title would you give it?" If you're willing- be introspective and try to answer it for yourself! How would you define everything about you and your life in a couple of words?

It takes some thought, but it can tell you a lot about a person.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like asking people what their strongest, deepest motivations are. I think it is extremely probing but also the most interesting thing in the world, and the most important.

Howard Thurman said:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.