• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Has any "I" type been important to history?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, but now you're liable to be the first one thrown off the boat when supplies run low. Gratz! :smile:

You really believe Freud had no influence on the development of Western thought, which in turn impacted social policies and the direction of scientific study, etc?

I guess some guy shoots someone else with a gun, that makes a fast and direct impact on the outer world. But it's not the only way to impact reality.

LOL! Okay, I'll buy that one, it's pretty honest.

New t-shirt:

"Introverts: We don't need to create history. We just revise it."

Oh, I might make a motivational poster with that one. :D

edit: :D
introverts.jpg

W

WALMART

Yeah, but now you're liable to be the first one thrown off the boat when supplies run low. Gratz! :smile:

You really believe Freud had no influence on the development of Western thought, which in turn impacted social policies and the direction of scientific study, etc?

I guess some guy shoots someone else with a gun, that makes a fast and direct impact on the outer world. But it's not the only way to impact reality.

LOL! Okay, I'll buy that one, it's pretty honest.

New t-shirt:

"Introverts: We don't need to create history. We just revise it."

hurray me!

Hmmmm.... no? I think the people that make up the whole evolved to where it was without study and policy making. the people made the policy, the policy didn't make the people.

I'm probably the wrong person to talk to about it, i've always thought of psychology as a bunk subject even thought I KNOW how important it is. <--- its very difficult for me to write this sentence.

its just... so... boring.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Lots of Enneatype Fives (generally introverts) had a great deal of influence in history, one way or the other: Einstein, Descartes, Newton, Nietzsche, Beauvoir, Sartre, Darwin, Ursula K. LeGuin, Milan Kundera, Stephen Hawking, Stanley Kubrick, Susan Sontag, T. S. Eliot...

Also, "important to history" =/= "famous". Many contributors to scientific research don't get exactly popular outside their field, for starters.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15886]jontherobot[/MENTION] there are a SHITLOAD of introvert military leaders too. Especially brilliant tacticians.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, i wouldnt consider a lot of the people mentioned here important to history.
So you really don't think the world would be any different without nuclear science, or understanding evolution, or insulin replacement, or cancer treatment?

I'd be extremely surprised if many scientists weren't introverted. Not all, but many. And that's just the most obvious career.

Also, weak trolling, bro.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm probably the wrong person to talk to about it, i've always thought of psychology as a bunk subject even thought I KNOW how important it is. <--- its very difficult for me to write this sentence.

its just... so... boring.

3442444-a-picture-of-a-cute-little-girl-scared.jpg

... so.. boring....?

*dazed, confused, wanders off*

W

WALMART

So you really don't think the world would be any different without nuclear science, or understanding evolution, or insulin replacement, or cancer treatment?

I'd be extremely surprised if many scientists weren't introverted. Not all, but many. And that's just the most obvious career.

Also, weak trolling, bro.

Weak trolling would have made you pass over this thread :p

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What?? Mothers Theresa is infp I thought

Anyway op!? Come on!

Either typing, debate aside, they're still an introvert, still proves my/our point!

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6a00e54fdbe03288340168e97d0e59970c-500pi

or

tumblr_lw3l01pIaK1qap6kyo1_500.jpg

Now you know.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Im curious, is he in the corner because he is a bullied introvert? Or because SHE CHOPPED OFF HIS RIGHT HAND AND TURNED IT INTO A FORK?!

Maybe he's Edward scissorhands and you re just hungry and hallucinating

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Now notice how the extrovert version is shiner, happier, larger and could be your bathroom carpet. I think we all have to draw the obvious conclusions here.

how%20to%20care%20for%20extroverts.jpg

extroverts are jerks

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
AHHH MY EYES

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Also, i wouldnt consider a lot of the people mentioned here important to history. Things would be the same without jung, but not without say che guevara.

What about Jesus? That one's hard to dispute. :D

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now notice how the extrovert version is shiner, happier, larger and could be your bathroom carpet. I think we all have to draw the obvious conclusions here.

how%20to%20care%20for%20extroverts.jpg

extroverts are jerks

iXujT.jpg

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
1. George Washington-ISTJ
2. Mother Teresa-ISFJ
3. Isaac Newton-INTJ
4. Martin Luther King-INFJ
5. Ghandi-INFJ
6. Carl Jung-INTP
7. Sigmund Freud- INTP
8. Galileo-INTP
9. Albert Einstein-INTP
10. Abe Lincoln- INFJ
11. J. Edgar Hoover- ISTJ

Do you really need more?

Suzy

MBTI Type
INTP
This is just a thought, but maybe introverts have a slightly higher probability to go down in history. These are very broad generalities, but extroverts are usually influenced by others more so than introverts. They're more "connected" to the outside world and mainstream ideology. Those who go down in history are usually the ones who are different- unique by their day's standards. They usually do something that's different than what everyone else does. Could introverts in general be a little more likely to go down in history? That'd be something interesting to figure out.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. George Washington-ISTJ
2. Mother Teresa-ISFJ
3. Isaac Newton-INTJ
4. Martin Luther King-INFJ
5. Ghandi-INFJ
6. Carl Jung-INTP
7. Sigmund Freud- INTP
8. Galileo-INTP
9. Albert Einstein-INTP
10. Abe Lincoln- INFJ
11. J. Edgar Hoover- ISTJ

Do you really need more?

Love the list. What makes you say INFJ for MLK over ENFJ?