• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fe at it's best

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
any takers?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't understand the point of this thread?

I have a rather negative opinion Fe, so I wanted to hear a different perspective and, given the "Fe at it's worst" thread recently started, now seemed a good time to do so.

PS: LOLZ at your avatar

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I have a rather negative opinion Fe, so I wanted to hear a different perspective and, given the "Fe at it's worst" thread recently started, now seemed a good time to do so.

Well, just like I did in the other thread I would prefer to give specific examples in history rather than explaining what Fe is like at it's worst.

1. Martin Luther King
2. Mother Teresa
3. Ghandi

P.S. Everyone loves the new avatar, lmao

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Well, I think there's a certain self-sacrificing element that comes with Fe that can be used for great humanitarian ends.

Stereotypes aside, I think Fe-dominant/auxiliary types tend to have a genuine concern for other people and want to create an environment where each person is accommodated and accounted for. For example, the whole idea of Customer Service ABSOLUTELY had to have come from an Fe-oriented person.

Personally, some of the people that I enjoy being around the most utilize Fe in some fashion. Of course, this does not preclude having a friendship with Fi, but I think it would be a little bit different.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Well I understand the point...but my initial reaction was: Oi! Thats a bit of a dig!

But now I know.

Viridian

MBTI Type
IsFJ
Caretaking, affable leadership, loyalty, social work, harmony, networking, being "the glue that keeps the group together". (Note: this is all hardly exclusive to Fe users.)

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
At their best Fe users create interpersonal harmony and positive environments, they bring a steadying effect to the group, they put people at great ease and dissipate tension, and they seek to bring out the best in others.

They're supportive, accommodating, caring, charismatic, warm, empathic, eloquent, witty, inclusive, loyal, selfless, uplifting, gracious, and courteous

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fe is the purest of evil, and has never once done anything good for humanity. :cheers:

Lightyear

The nurturing aspect of Fe and the desire to look for redeeming qualities in not so likeable people and include them. Healthy Fe is great with children, the sick, the disadvantaged, the excluded, it reaches down to the weaker person and it tries to help them, lift them up and restore them. Since I was a little child as soon as I saw an outsider in a group or someone who was bullied or in some way in distress it intensely bothered me and I would immediately make a beeline for them to somehow give them moral support or help them (though because of my introversion it would normally be subtle). I also really enjoy looking after small children, I just feel very protective of them.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At it's best, Fe concerns itself with what's truly best for its community, however it chooses to define it. It is fearlessness in the face of injustice, and tirelessness in the pursuit of the good. They're lights in the darkness.

V

violaine

I don't know if it's primarily Fe, but I rely heavily on being able to connect with people in business in order to make my living. I would be sunk if I couldn't build rapport with people.

And I really love making a nice connection and then working together in a win-win fashion. I deal in an item that requires a lot of interaction with a lot of people and building ongoing relationships for me to source it at it's best price. Shudder to think what I'd have to pay if I didn't know how to deal. Never take advantage of anyone though, even if I could. I believe in basing all of my dealings on a fair price.

That's in addition to all of the caring about others as much as oneself. Sometimes that's not so great for me, I suppose. But I know that the people I'm involved with appreciate it and it feels nice to give to those I love. I really enjoy catering to the comfort of the people I'm close to. I don't think I have ulterior motives. Though I'd be upset if my partner were an ass to me. I make sure to not keep score, I don't find that hard. I believe in being a willing giver. I don't go into self-sacrificing mode, it just comes very naturally to me to look after the people I care about. That principle gets applied in different ways depending upon how close I am to someone. I have basic, baseline consideration for most everyone. Unless someone is an ass or draws first blood... Or even second. Then I will let that person have it without guilt. I'm glad I developed that ability as I think it makes me open but not vulnerable.

Though, even when I do get into conflict, I don't crush people in a way that I sometimes know I could by illuminating a giant inconsistency to do with their personal life. I'm sorely tempted to sometimes, but I know I'd regret being actually cruel. I'm deciding whether or not that just makes more trouble for me though. I don't think a lot of people necessarily pick up on your not hitting them below the belt or embarrassing them in public. <----I'm not saying this is a positive aspect of my Fe. Just going into detail as to how I work.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
My Fe at its best makes sure that people I love are comfortable and well. My Fe sometimes places a hand on the back of a nervous friend and says something encouraging. Fe can be very good indeed, I think.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fe is where the strong serve the weak, where true justice is where the weak serve the strong.

R

RDF

any takers?

My Fe is terrible, and my Fi is very strong and self-centered. To strengthen my Fe, I like reading about traditionally Fe-oriented activities or professions (networking, sales, conversational skills) and picking up little tidbits for consumption and practice.

I don’t know if it’s “Fe at its best,” but little tricks that may be automatic to Fe-users are often a big revelation to me (an Fi-Dom). For example:

I noticed that an ESFJ acquaintance always had an innate sense of when it was time to leave. Whether we were at a bar, on a visit to family or friends, or whatever. He knew just the right point where we had stayed long enough to fulfill a social obligation but also that it was time to move on before things got dull.

It’s a small thing, but it can be a nightmare for people without that facility. For many years, any social visit always posed the same annoying problems for me: Have I stayed long enough that I can leave without being insulting? Am I being a burden by overstaying? My host keeps coming up with excuses to keep me here; he won’t let me leave--how do I get out of here without offending?

After seeing my Fe-user friends deal with such problems so effortlessly, I realized that I was just being too nuts about it. So before minor social visits, I started setting my watch alarm to go off 45 minutes after arriving. When the alarm goes off I apologize for the interruption but explain that I have other errands to do, and I’m on my way.

For so many years I struggled with all kinds of social questions: Shyness, introductions, topics of conversation, how to deal with people who complain about personal problems, how to deal with disagreements, etc. Then I started paying more attention to my Fe-user acquaintances, and now I have all kinds of notes and reminders for how to deal with certain people and certain situations. (Some of the tricks and tidbits shade over into Se and some of them shade over into Te.)

But the point is that Fe is naturally good with people. With a little study, it’s possible for even non-Fe users to come up with reasonable facsimiles or substitutes for Fe behaviors. As a result, Fe-users have become my personal gurus, and I’ve become much more comfortable engaging in social interactions on a regular basis.

People and relationships are important IRL. You can’t avoid them forever, and you can’t run scared of them. Gotta love that Fe for simplifying those things and demonstrating how to deal with them. :)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At its best, it connects and warms people up. Says the right thing to make someone feel better. Keeps things light and breezy, while addressing things objectively for a group "lets make this the best we can. I know we can do it because I've seen you guys time in and time out dole out excellent work. Lets go win."

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm a Fi user, and I've always recognized that Fe is at the heart of what keeps communities together and keeps people on their best behaviour.