• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP and Ni

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What are your opinions on INTPs who test high on Ni as either their 1st or 2nd highest function? Does it mean Jungian cognitive functions is not a strict rule, or does it mean a lot of self typed INTPs (possibly including myself) are either ISTP or INxJ?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It means a lot of 'those people' are attracted to being the things Ni inclines towards (test-wise).

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've scored high on Ni on tests too, but upon learning what Ni is all about, I can say that it isn't really part of me in my daily life. At times it is a process I can consciously tap into (shadow function). But it is not something inherently present.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] told me a while back I was using Ni in this vid, but I always test IxTP.

Impact Calculus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Considering our shadows are mostly unconscious, the 4 functions we predominate in should really be the only things we see. However, we tend to have a great deal of aptitude regarding what processes we can manually imitate. Though, in reality, we aren't actually fulfilling what those preferences achieve. For example, an INTP may score high on Ni because Ti will be open to synthesizing the possibilities that Ne absorbs from objective reality. Someone with lead Ni, like an INTJ, would likely do this much more subjectively, and would likely achieve something very different as a result.

This is probably why Ne/Ni is so often confused.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It sounds like [MENTION=6071]Oakysage[/MENTION] is saying that lots of INTPs are a bunch of Ni wannabes, although I am not sure if I interpeted the message correctly.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION] is a good example of an INTP with heavy Ni. Perhaps he could help resolve this INTP Ni paradox.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What's a Ni?

Apart from 二 pronounced pheonetically.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The meaning of life, the quest for the Creative Force and the Holy Grail Vortex sparks the immortal journey of Divine Destiny, the White Hole of Creation and Light and the Black Hole of Darkness and Destruction, the voice of hyperspace, controlling the cosmos and chaos of water, fire, frost, and lighting, channeling the electric fluids of the Ether, forging and annihilating material substances in eternally whirling cycles, unleashing the unlimited energies of stellar alchemical wizardry, ripping the fabric of space and time, opening gateways to every possible plane of existence within the quantum realm of the infinite multiverse, harmoniously orchestrating superstring symphonies, humbly opening the eyes of knowledge and awakening the mind of wisdom to all conscious perspectives of the multidimensional relativistic reality, hacking the Universal Supercomputer, destroying old laws and programming new laws into the Existential Game, solving the secret codes and the prophetic revelations, magically manifesting dreams by focused willpower, shape shifting the physical world of infinite evolutionary transformations, taming the Storm Dragon of Hell, freely flying away, becoming one with the inscrutable source and from which springs the Perfect All, sailing the oceans of Nirvana, sprouting the bubbles of Genesis, seeking the Higher Balance of Heaven, above and beyond the loftiest levels of the Tree of Life, the crowning ascension besides the Creator, Cosmic Master Melchizedek, the Ultimate Architect of the Universe, the Arch Mage of the Arcanum, the Archon of the Aeon, the Final Fate of God.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It sounds like [MENTION=6071]Oakysage[/MENTION] is saying that lots of INTPs are a bunch of Ni wannabes, although I am not sure if I interpeted the message correctly.
You interpreted it incorrectly.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
ISTP who hasn't developed his extraverted side, keeping him in a tert. loop?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Maybe these tests are using the wrong criteria to measure Ni to reattempt to understand the 2nd post in this thread.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It sounds like Oakysage is saying that lots of INTPs are a bunch of Ni wannabes, although I am not sure if I interpeted the message correctly.

They like to say that.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They like to say that.

Yes it is a funny thought that INTJs (only the low level ones, of course I was wrong about Oakysage's post) like to think they are more intelligent than everybody and that everyone else including the INTPs want to be just like them, however I may have misinterpreted your post just like I did with the 2nd post here.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What are your opinions on INTPs who test high on Ni as either their 1st or 2nd highest function? Does it mean Jungian cognitive functions is not a strict rule, or does it mean a lot of self typed INTPs (possibly including myself) are either ISTP or INxJ?

I knew an INTJ on this forum who scored Ti as his highest function.

I don't see this as wishful thinking. And I don't think the Jungian formulas are worth that much in reality. I don't like the way JCF is used to rationalize type calls. Even if JCF is true, it's a small slice of the story of personality much of which is random, based in genetics, environment, and personal choices. It used to frustrate me that formulas don't apply to people, but not any more.

I've typed my boss as an ESTJ overall. But going off type descriptions, he also fits into the ENTJ and ESTP categories. This is a combination of types that obviously works well for him, since he is so successful.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes it is a funny thought that INTJs (only the low level ones, of course I was wrong about Oakysage's post) like to think they are more intelligent than everybody and that everyone else including the INTPs want to be just like them, however I may have misinterpreted your post just like I did with the 2nd post here.

INTJ is an arrogant type in itself. Some INTJ individuals hide it better than others. Some of them only bring it out when on the defensive. But I try to be forgiving of this, and see it as a reaction to the difficulty involved in being an Introvert, which I identify with. And an Intuitive in a Sensor's world means it's often necessary to deal with shortsightedness in others, as Intuitives see far down the road and are more innovative, while Sensors are often stuck in a rut and are afraid of moving on from traditional ways of doing things.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ is an arrogant type in itself. Some INTJ individuals hide it better than others. Some of them only bring it out when on the defensive. But I try to be forgiving of this, and see it as a reaction to the difficulty involved in being an Introvert, which I identify with. And an Intuitive in a Sensor's world means it's often necessary to deal with shortsightedness in others, as Intuitives see far down the road and are more innovative, while Sensors are often stuck in a rut and are afraid of moving on from traditional ways of doing things.

It's not arrogance though, it's individualism. Not feeling superior, but different and protective of their individual self. Although it's a fine line for INTJ's in terms of how others experience it, and there are probably a lot of INTJ's that grow into becoming arrogant because of it. But that's not what most INTJ's are about.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It's not arrogance though, it's individualism. Not feeling superior, but different and protective of their individual self. Although it's a fine line for INTJ's in terms of how others experience it, and there are probably a lot of INTJ's that grow into becoming arrogant because of it. But that's not what most INTJ's are about.