• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

'question asking' types?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed, especially ENxPs. I would agree IxTPs would too but probably not so much. But in a real world case we all would at some stage

I disagree the INxx is THE WORST! They are known for pestering their parents incessantly for answers. Stop asking so many questions and LIVE damnit!

nanook

a scream in a vortex
i don't think intuitive introverts come up with a high frequency of question (well except Pe users), it's not my experience at all, but i have no doubt that intuitives would most frequently come up with highly annoying/difficult/challenging questions, or simply question that seem irrelevant to life, by sensing standards.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Um, smart people?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thinking back, I was usually the only regular person to ask questions in class.

Once my sister met a guy I shared an abnormal psyche class with. He told her I "got really into it" when I was in class.

What other personality types would be a "questioning" type?

This thread would have been a better, "how do you learn?" type thread. Feel free to talk about that if you'd like =D

To answer your OP directly, you were just interested in abnormal psych. Your motivation may have been enthusiasm for the subject or like [MENTION=4490]Orangey[/MENTION] said, someone trying to kiss ass with the teacher.

There are different motives for asking questions, and people usually ask more questions about things they're interested in.

I argued with my history prof once, it was awesome. He really respected me, though, apparently. He told me I made the highest grade in the class on my final ten page essay, and he was a lawyer aside from teaching that one class, so I think he enjoyed arguing.

I'd have to know what kinds of questions you asked, or why you were asking them.

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I was pretty "into it" I guess, both asking and answering. In kindergarten my teacher pinned a note to my shirt one day (this is how they communicated with the parents back in the dark ages before email) asking them to get me to shut up so someone else could get a word in.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was pretty "into it" I guess, both asking and answering. In kindergarten my teacher pinned a note to my shirt one day (this is how they communicated with the parents back in the dark ages before email) asking them to get me to shut up so someone else could get a word in.

When I was in the second grade my teacher wrote a nasty note home to my family with little frowny faces, saying that I yawned loudly to get attention.

Like I would ever do anything just to get attention.

:coffee:

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What if you are an xNxP, an IxTP, and an INxx?

Then you're fucked. Lol jk. You have a job that let's you explore your passions though so you're good

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any type could conceivably be a 'question asking' type. But if I had to choose the type most prone to it, I would say:

INTP cp6w5 so/sx

Ti doms by nature are inquisitive and search for logical consistency in things. Counter Phobic sixes tend to be very skeptical (a cp6 of the social varient would possible be opposed to certain cultural and real world trends, perhaps critical of the reasons on why people do things).

I would also consider INTP 5w6 so/sx or INTP 5w6 sx/so as possible questioning types (five being an analytical observer by nature). INTJ would also be a runner up as well.

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't tend to ask many questions, mostly because I like to find out answers for myself and do my own research. I tend to only ask questions when I need input from another perspective to which I may be blind, or for a sounding board for lines of thought that I've already formed after extensive research and reflection.

I don't like people who ask too many questions. I have an ex who asked the most stupid questions, basically, nothing he cannot google for himself or figure out by context if only he could just shut his mouth for long enough to engage his brain. It's just like he blurts out questions without even thinking. It's not cute, it was just annoying.

Depending on the nature of the questions and the frequency in which they are asked, it's not a sign of inquisitiveness, but a sign of laziness.

Asking questions because you need external validation and input for your well-thought out, well-researched, thoughtfully analyzed ideas or specific questions directed at those who are experts at the subject = good
Asking questions because you're too lazy to think for yourself and waiting for others to spoon feed you answers = bad

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm quiet and then the hammering of questions starts.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You would think as an Fe type so-dom that I would be super interested in other people and ask them lots of questions, but nope. Other people bore me to tears unless I'm personally invested in them (i.e. we're friends). I have another ISFJ so-dom friend who does like to ask a lot of "probing" questions, though. She actually asks so many questions that it can start to become irritating lol. But she remembers everything.