• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Elfboy's Fi vs Fe test

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) my feelings are easy to describe in words (conversationally, not in writing)
a) often
b) not often, but more so in writing

2) I empathize with people by
a) taking on their feelings as my own
b) thinking about how I would feel in that situation or drawing from experience of how I've felt in that situation in the past

3) my emotions show a lot on my face
a) YES!
b) not usually

4) I am good at tailoring my behaviors and demeanor to various social situations
a) yes, unless I am with a really mean spirited group of people
b) no

5) I place higher priority in
a) unity, team work, external harmony
b) self expression, internal harmony

6) my feelings come from
a) my heart
b) my gut

7) I care more about
a) how a decision will effect people's feelings and well being
b) the principle of the matter.

8) the external world has a strong impact on my feelings
a) yes. I am adaptable, but also easily effected
b) no, though I tend to gravitate toward places with a similar vibe to how I already feel

9) my beliefs come more from
a) how I was raised, community values, how things effect people
b) myself. even from a young age, I've always had strong views that sometimes differed from what I was taught. I can't really explain it, they were just "there"

more A's: Fe
more B's: Fi

PS: please feel free to point out if you believe one of the questions is biased or stereotyped.

EDIT: I took out number 3 because it sucked and renumbered them

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1) b
2) b
3) a
4) in between
5) b
6) b
7) b
8) b
9) b
10) b

duh

as far as number 3, i have a hard time wearing clothes that i dislike or that i think are ugly according to my personal taste. but i also don't feel that my fashion sense expresses that much about me, and if i dress up and try to look nice i'm mostly doing it for the benefit of other people. if i didn't care what people thought i'd wear sweatpants and no makeup all the time.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) b
2) b
3) a
4) in between
5) b
6) b
7) b
8) b
9) b
10) b

duh

as far as number 3, i have a hard time wearing clothes that i dislike or that i think are ugly according to my personal taste. but i also don't feel that my fashion sense expresses that much about me, and if i dress up and try to look nice i'm mostly doing it for the benefit of other people. if i didn't care what people thought i'd wear sweatpants and no makeup all the time.

my suspicions of you being an INFJ are officially over (that was one of the main reasons I wanted to make the test. I think it makes it pretty obvious whether one uses Fe or Fi)

PS: [MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION] might benefit from this test

A

Anew Leaf

More like clichés.

1) my feelings are easy to describe in words
a) often
b) not often

Ambiguous. I can easily express my feelings via the written word. Spoken, on the spot, not as much.

b) thinking about how I would feel in that situation or drawing from experience of how I've felt in that situation in the past

True empathy is a mix of the two. This is trying to simplify a complex process into improperly distilled parts.

3) I dress
a) to impress
b) to express

This has nothing to do with Fi or Fe or anything MBTI related.

4) my emotions show a lot on my face
a) YES!
b) not usually

Again, a bit too simplified. I have found INTPs to be almost catatonic looking and ESFPs super animated.

5) I am good at tailoring my behaviors and demeanor to various situations
b) no

I think the problem with this question is that Fi vs Fe can often be a difference of motives rather than results. Having a clause tacked onto option A and no clause onto option B makes the question yield two answers to two different questions.

6) I place higher priority in

This is probably the most basic description of Fi versus Fe. It's just so obvious. If you know how to answer this question, why are you taking this quiz?

7) my feelings come from
a) my heart
b) my gut

This one has merit. I was talking to another Fi-er last night and she discerned that Fe = heart, and Fi = soul, and I think that that is a good distinction.

8) I care more about

This isn't too bad but again it seems overly simple.

9) the external world has a strong impact on my feelings
b) no, though I tend to gravitate toward places with a similar vibe to how I already feel

Again, the clauses tacked on change the question they are answering.

10) my beliefs come more from
b) myself. even from a young age, I've always had strong views that sometimes differed from what I was taught. I can't really explain it, they were just "there"

This is quite cliché as well. No one is pure either function. All is a mix of both.

I think a better test, if you are serious about creating one, would be to do an open ended scenario. The responses to a situation could tell a lot more about the person and their emotional decision making process than something this simplistic. Especially since it would mimic a real life example.

Burger King

1)as far as number 3, i have a hard time wearing clothes that i dislike or that i think are ugly according to my personal taste. but i also don't feel that my fashion sense expresses that much about me, and if i dress up and try to look nice i'm mostly doing it for the benefit of other people. if i didn't care what people thought i'd wear sweatpants and no makeup all the time.

+1

Response:
1) b
2) b
3) a
4) b
5) b
6) b
7) b
8) b
9) a
10) b

I'm not sure I truly comprehend question 7. I think I meant to say 6, but I think you answered it anyways. Actually it seems you've re-numbered them.

Last edited:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
+1

Response:
1) b
2) b
3) a
4) b
5) b
6) b
7) ?
8) b
9) a
10) b

I'm not sure I truly comprehend question 7.

#7 has to do with the sensation one gets from emotion. do you start to feel your heart pound or do you feel it more in your abdominal area?

[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION]
so, in a nutshell, what you're saying is that an open ended test would give a more thorough picture? makes sense. also, you were right, question 3 sucked, I'm changing it

A

Anew Leaf

#7 has to do with the sensation one gets from emotion. do you start to feel your heart pound or do you feel it more in your abdominal area?

[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION]
so, in a nutshell, what you're saying is that an open ended test would give a more thorough picture? makes sense. also, you were right, question 3 sucked, I'm changing it

I think so. Make it into an experiment of sorts. Come up with a couple different ones to view the patterns that each makes. Fi and Fe can be distilled down into super simplistic terms, but I think that doing so does a disservice to each one.

Edit: [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], those Kokology threads could give you inspiration on this.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think so. Make it into an experiment of sorts. Come up with a couple different ones to view the patterns that each makes. Fi and Fe can be distilled down into super simplistic terms, but I think that doing so does a disservice to each one.

Edit: [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION], those Kokology threads could give you inspiration on this.

Now this I'm interested in. I would definitely participate in something like this. Too many times when I'm given a two option test I always tend to think both or neither answer fits for me.

G

garbage

Cool! I'm going to take a stab at this.

a) often

(kind of in between, leaning more toward a)

a) YES!
b) not usually
(kind of in between, really situational)

4) I am good at tailoring my behaviors and demeanor to various social situations
b) no

6) my feelings come from
a) my heart
b) my gut

7) I care more about
(kind of in between; 'feelings' don't matter, but 'overall well-being' matters a whole lot)

Well. There we go

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"B" for everything... What a surprise. I like your test though. :)

G

Glycerine

a) often

a) YES!
b) not usually

b) no

6) my feelings come from
a) my heart
b) my gut

7) I care more about

PS: please feel free to point out if you believe one of the questions is biased or stereotyped.

EDIT: I took out number 3 because it sucked and renumbered them

1. B
2. In between
3. A
4. B
5. B
6. B
7. A
8. In between
9. B

Analyze that! :D

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My answers to most of those questions would be either n/a, don't know or don't care.
/Inferior Fe

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My answers to most of those questions would be either n/a, don't know or don't care.
/Inferior Fe

of course, you're a T dom lol

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
a) often

a) YES!
b) not usually

b) no

6) my feelings come from
a) my heart
b) my gut

7) I care more about

1. A. But I'm a really good writer.
2. A. I respond more to the immediacy of the emotion than having to "put myself in that person's shoes."
3. B. I have a very good poker face.
4. A.
5. B.
6. A. I don't see how this determines Fe/Fi, though.
7. B.
8. A.
9. B.

And just to answer the former Question 3, I dress usually to impress.

Cool test, it pretty much confirmed that I prefer Fe.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=14498]Cloud of Thunder[/MENTION]
Fe is heartfelt; Fi is visceral. any Fi user who is not an E4 will agree with me (on a side note, this is another reason why I think most INFPs are not 4s)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my suspicions of you being an INFJ are officially over (that was one of the main reasons I wanted to make the test. I think it makes it pretty obvious whether one uses Fe or Fi)

wtf, I remember you saying that I was an istp not too long ago. make up your mind or stop guessing.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wtf, I remember you saying that I was an istp not too long ago. make up your mind or stop guessing.

well, you're clearly Fi given these test results, so I could see either ISFP or INFP (on an unrelated note, you seem more like a 9w8 than a 4w5)