• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you use Ti?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't understand what you are saying. Please clarify.

Synthesis vs. analysis. I disagreed that Ti is limited to analysis, and that there is a synthetic component to the experience. But now you're describing a synthetic thought process as Ne.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Synthesis vs. analysis. I disagreed that Ti is limited to analysis, and that there is a synthetic component to the experience. But now you're describing a synthetic thought process as Ne.

I'm really trying to understand Ti. Don't go with my description. You should ask [MENTION=14757]Doctorjuice[/MENTION] about the difference between Se<Ti, and Ne<Ti.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm really trying to understand Ti. Don't go with my description. You should ask [MENTION=14757]Doctorjuice[/MENTION] about the difference between Se<Ti, and Ne<Ti.

That's the one I was disagreeing with.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
That's the one I was disagreeing with.

Ok well great. I was stating how I thought that I used it. Clearly I don't really understand Ti. That was the whole point of me making this thread, is so I could understand it.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok well great. I was stating how I thought that I used it. Clearly I don't really understand Ti. That was the whole point of me making this thread, is so I could understand it.

Well I think that Ti descriptions are common yet very stereotyped. It must be remembered that Ti is a systems builder, not an analyst. Analysis is a necessary part of this process of system building. But the end-product is not just a bunch of parts lying around that used to be something.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Well I think that Ti descriptions are common yet very stereotyped. It must be remembered that Ti is a systems builder, not an analyst. Analysis is a necessary part of this process of system building. But the end-product is not just a bunch of parts lying around that used to be something.

I'm awesome with analysis but I'm not sure how great I am at systems building. I do use Fe very well though, and I know that I am an Ne dom. Therefore, I conclude that I must somehow use Ti in there, I'm just not sure when I am using it.

redacted

Thinking is limited in scope. It only takes place after premises have been defined. It can then check those premises for consistency and find logical consequences. Perceiving functions are responsible for putting premises in place.

A stream of thought is a consistent back and forth between Perceiving and Judging, with Perceiving adding premises and Judging evaluating them and throwing some out.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Thinking is limited in scope. It only takes place after premises have been defined. It can then check those premises for consistency and find logical consequences. Perceiving functions are responsible for putting premises in place.

A stream of thought is a consistent back and forth between Perceiving and Judging, with Perceiving adding premises and Judging evaluating them and throwing some out.

Still doesn't make sense.

redacted

Still doesn't make sense.

The things that pop into your head (your consciousness) come from perceiving functions (Intuition/Sensing). Only after they have popped in can Thinking and Feeling work on them. All Thinking can do is take these things to their logical consequences, it can't actually add new logical content.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
The things that pop into your head (your consciousness) come from perceiving functions (Intuition/Sensing). Only after they have popped in can Thinking and Feeling work on them. All Thinking can do is take these things to their logical consequences, it can't actually add new logical content.

That makes sense at least. Now if I could just understand Ti working with Ne

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That makes sense at least. Now if I could just understand Ti working with Ne

Ti auxiliary will work in different ways than the dominant, right? I don't see it as being a systems builder in that respect, just a consistency checker.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Inspirational moments as you described are rather rhapsodic and in themselves possess nothing logical. They belong to no system, although they carry with them the feeling that they are truths. This however is just a feeling, and it should be checked by the rational side. Is the idea consistent with other ideas, with itself, and with facts? Is it even practical?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Ti auxiliary will work in different ways than the dominant, right? I don't see it as being a systems builder in that respect, just a consistency checker.

Really is this true? I've never heard this before?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
About auxiliaries? They don't behave the same way as dominants, they're just helper functions.

So what I am asking the people of the forum is, "How does Ti manifest itself in the ENTP?"

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what I am asking the people of the forum is, "How does Ti manifest itself in the ENTP?"

I just told you. But if anybody has a better suggestion, I'm all ears.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I just told you. But if anybody has a better suggestion, I'm all ears.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have quoted you with that statement. I posted that comment as an open ended question for others to answer.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sorry. I shouldn't have quoted you with that statement. I posted that comment as an open ended question for others to answer.

I wouldn't expect an Ne to settle on one authoritative statement. But since you had an ESTP boss, maybe you have a better idea than most. Just like me, with my ESTJ boss, who demonstrates plain as day how strongly Si comes through in this strict belief in tradition (although over the years he's allowed an INTJ Mastermind to gently manipulate him away from all that stuff alot of which was nonsensical and purely traditional.)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dominant: Extraverted intuition (Ne)Ne finds and interprets hidden meanings. This intuitive play weaves together insights and experiences from various sources to find the whole, which can then become a catalyst to action.[19] Ne allows the ENTP to effortlessly identify complex interrelationships between ideas, people, and things that are often invisible to most other personality types.[20]

[edit] Auxiliary: Introverted thinking (Ti)Ti seeks precision, such as the exact word to express an idea. It notices the minute distinctions that define the essence of things, then analyzes and classifies them. Ti examines all sides of an issue, looking to solve problems while minimizing effort and risk. It uses models to root out logical inconsistency.[21] In the ENTP, Ti analyzes the constant stream of information that Ne provides. Ti develops structure and reconciles any inconsistencies in the ENTP's belief system. However, Ti cannot match the activity of Ne, which leads the ENTP to juggle multiple projects and theoretical enterprises at any given time, in various stages of completion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENTP

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dominant: Extraverted intuition (Ne)Ne finds and interprets hidden meanings. This intuitive play weaves together insights and experiences from various sources to find the whole, which can then become a catalyst to action.[19] Ne allows the ENTP to effortlessly identify complex interrelationships between ideas, people, and things that are often invisible to most other personality types.[20]

[edit] Auxiliary: Introverted thinking (Ti)Ti seeks precision, such as the exact word to express an idea. It notices the minute distinctions that define the essence of things, then analyzes and classifies them. Ti examines all sides of an issue, looking to solve problems while minimizing effort and risk. It uses models to root out logical inconsistency.[21] In the ENTP, Ti analyzes the constant stream of information that Ne provides. Ti develops structure and reconciles any inconsistencies in the ENTP's belief system. However, Ti cannot match the activity of Ne, which leads the ENTP to juggle multiple projects and theoretical enterprises at any given time, in various stages of completion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENTP

I like the sound of that, although some of these Wiki descriptions are very poor.