• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Intuitives: Do you hate searching for things in your outer surroundings?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Searching inner or outer surroundings is equally annoying. Things get lost in my mind too.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
:ranting: :BangHead: :ng_mad: :BangHead: :censored: :aquiver: :emot-emo:

cant find certain boxers anywhere, been searching them for over half an hour(yes i even checked places like fridge, even tho i never put stuff in weird places and everywhere else multiple times). seriously wtf, world doesent make any sense. i havent taken them off anywhere and walked home commando and since last time i checked, items cant just disappear.. i want to wash them and other clothes, but i can put the washing machine on before i find them..

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've gotten into the habit of taking mental pictures of where I put things. If I don't take a picture of it, then I won't be able to find it later. This trick doesn't always work, though.

I am prone to experiencing sensory overload quite quickly. I will avoid crowds, loud music, heavy traffic, etc. But there are times when I purposely put myself in those situations as a test of sorts. Like when I moved out here, I rented a car, looked a google maps for a hot second, then hit the road. It's like I have to do it and trust myself to find my way. I've never gotten lost doing this but I have annoyed or alarmed passengers by saying, "I just know where I'm going". I've done this while walking around in unfamiliar cities, too.

My ESFJ ex was always asking me to find stuff. Anyone can be tuned out of their environment for a variety of reasons.

Edit to add: I love how my feet will take me to another room and I have no idea of what I'm supposed to do when I arrive at my destination! :D

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
It doesn't drive me nuts, but it is a monumental waste of time. I think I'm just habituated, because I'm always losing things. I don't have a single day where I don't have to search for something. It's just how life is to me. The natural state of anything I want to use is "lost"! I do hate it when I can't find my wallet, keys or phone though, so I make a big effort never to put them anywhere except my bag.

Drives my mum crazy. To her, if you've lost something, that means you didn't care about it at all. To me, it'd have to be completely vital not to get lost, and even then it's about 50/50.

G

Glycerine

I suck at noticing my surrounding but I am highly aware of my body. i have been known to walk into men's bathrooms and use them because I look straight ahead but didn't really pay attention to the signs (i think it's happened twice....yeah). I didn't even the see the urinals.... I just noticed that the layout and color seemed off. :doh:

Yami

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have almost no awareness of my outer surroundings at all. One pet peeve of mine is to lose an object and then have to search for it. I really have to make a strong conscious effort to be very aware of my surroundings in these types of situations, so I hate it. Do any of the other N's on the forum feel this way?

It happens to me all the time. I'm also very clumsy with my body. And in order to remember where I've put certain stuff I have to think: what was I doing or what was I thinking at that moment? I have to go backwards in my mind to the moment I thought I lost the "thing".
It's funny actually, because I'm pretty good in researching.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ah I relate to so many of the posts here.

And to answer the OP, yes it makes me insane when I can't find something... Really wildly irrationally angry sometimes.

I posted this in the sensortard thread... (I was angry, there's a lot of swearing, is this ok?)

I always like to have a pen with me when I read, for underlining or notating anything that particularly catches me. Every single time every single day I manage to lose the damn pen. It drives me insane. I am so careful to pay conscious attention to where I put it, poked under my thigh as I'm sitting cross legged, for example. I see a line I want to underline, the pen is there and I don't have to break my concentration to grab it, highlight, continue reading. Inevitably at some point I don't put it back wedged under my leg and when I need it, I can't find it anywhere. First I hunt blindly with my hand, not looking away from the book. That fails, more searching. Fucking pen. Set the book down. Fuck by now I am getting really pissed off. I look everywhere, it is fucking gone. FUCK YOU PEN. I stand up, wildly furious. This is the point where my (INTP) husband finds it most amusing to take his life in his hands and start irritating the hell out of me. I am almost ready to kill someone when, oh yes there's the pen. In plain fucking sight right beside the spot I was sitting.

Also driving freaks me out, as someone mentioned, so does crossing roads. I seem to scare people who are with me. I must give off this vibe of 'not-there' because it is not uncommon for people to actually grab me when I'm standing by the road to cross, like they think I was just about to walk in front of traffic. (Ok I admit there have been a few times I almost did this, probably why it scares me now.)

Sometimes my INTP and I argue over whose turn it is to find something :laugh:

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
It happens to me all the time. I'm also very clumsy with my body. And in order to remember where I've put certain stuff I have to think: what was I doing or what was I thinking at that moment? I have to go backwards in my mind to the moment I thought I lost the "thing".
It's funny actually, because I'm pretty good in researching.

I'm good at research as well, although I'm not sure if that's a Te thing or not. The difference between you and I is that you probably trust external information. I really don't and I have to investigate things for myself.

Yami

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm good at research as well, although I'm not sure if that's a Te thing or not. The difference between you and I is that you probably trust external information. I really don't and I have to investigate things for myself.

It depends on what kind of information we are handling, doesn't it? I do look for external information, then I check it over (overall), but if it doesn't satisfies me entirely I do my own research, and then I compare them both. I even have earned a promotion at work because I've discovered a previous internal fraud (I didn't trust previous reports: something didn't quite made sense, felt odd, so I investigated it.)
Discovering something hidden... it's just pleasure beyond description. But I don't have any clue if it does have anything to do with my type, or it's just a personal preference.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
It depends on what kind of information we are handling, doesn't it? I do look for external information, then I check it over (overall), but if it doesn't satisfies me entirely I do my own research, and then I compare them both. I even have earned a promotion at work because I've discovered a previous internal fraud (I didn't trust previous reports: something didn't quite made sense, felt odd, so I investigated it.)
Discovering something hidden... it's just pleasure beyond description. But I don't have any clue if it does have anything to do with my type, or it's just a personal preference.

That sounds very Te to me.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I suck at noticing my surrounding but I am highly aware of my body. i have been known to walk into men's bathrooms and use them because I look straight ahead but didn't really pay attention to the signs (i think it's happened twice....yeah). I didn't even the see the urinals.... I just noticed that the layout and color seemed off. :doh:

Same here. I'm far more attentive to feelings in my body then to my immediate surroundings. I think because I have stronger Si than Se. I've also on occasion walked into men's bathrooms. :doh:

Eugene Watson VIII

Senor Membrae
MBTI Type
xxxP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah that's sort of true. If it doesn't offer anything my Ne can bounce off searching for things gets boring. I lost my car keys once in apile of grass, only offered something for a Se dom to enjoy :D.