• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The INTP/ENTP curse

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
What happens when you spend long periods of time alone? Does that change anything? I think extraverts can drown out their own quiet internal voices by turning their attention to things outside themselves. Have you ever tried to reconnect to the person you were as a child? I find that if I can find a still moment I can reconnect with what I feel and if I can reconnect with what I feel I can reconnect with what I believe, which is often based on feeling. Are there situations where you are not easily influenced? I would be curious about that.

When I am alone I get very philosophical and can't stop thinking about the future and analyzing things. I analyze things to the bone.

Circle

MBTI Type
INFJ
When I am alone I get very philosophical and can't stop thinking about the future and analyzing things. I analyze things to the bone.

I apologize for the persistent questions. Do you notice any particular feelings at the root of the thoughts and traveling beneath the analysis? Feel free to not answer. I am just being curious and identify with your experience.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I apologize for the persistent questions. Do you notice any particular feelings at the root of the thoughts and traveling beneath the analysis? Feel free to not answer. I am just being curious and identify with your experience.

Well, the main emotion I feel is fear. I think of all of these negative possibilities that could happen in my life and I start freaking out.

**NOTE** You can ask me questions all you want. It doesn't bother me in the least.

Circle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Well, the main emotion I feel is fear. I think of all of these negative possibilities that could happen in my life and I start freaking out.

**NOTE** You can ask me questions all you want. It doesn't bother me in the least.

Is there anything hidden in the fear? Behind the fear? What are you afraid of?

In my own experience, the fear is an old fear. And, until it could be held and acknowledged, soothed, it was challenging to sit with. So I would flee to the world outside myself.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Is there anything hidden in the fear? Behind the fear? What are you afraid of?

In my own experience, the fear is an old fear. And, until it could be held and acknowledged, soothed, it was challenging to sit with. So I would flee to the world outside myself.

I fear many things. Physical violence, being branded a loser by society, and death are my biggest fears.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you think about/study martial arts?

was just thinking about the same thing :D

its nice when the fear of physical violence isnt about getting beaten up, but about you being scared of causing some permanent damage to the other person.

Circle

MBTI Type
INFJ
I fear many things. Physical violence, being branded a loser by society, and death are my biggest fears.

These things have rejection at their cores. How is your relationship with yourself? Have you lost touch?

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Can relate, I am focussed on the motives of others, and in group settings try to figure them out. I can step outside of situations when it comes to other people but with myself, I have a certain blindspot. It's difficult for me to process my own emotions as they are happening.

Other people who know me IRL and people who know me well may point things out to me I don't even realize, then I take a step back and realize that they have a point. I've gotten better over time but when people ask me how I'm feeling, I don't have a clear answer if I haven't given the right amount of time.