• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do Fi users have a connection with nature?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I keep hearing from many Fi users that they have a strong connection with nature? Is this true?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do yes. I have no idea if it has anything to do with fi tho.

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read that ISFPs and ESFPs may have a strong connection to the nature, animals, and even babies, and both use Fi. But I guess it only applies to them, I don't know. I don't have this. No aspect of Fi in my knowledge have any relations with strong connections with nature.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I do yes. I have no idea if it has anything to do with fi tho.

I was talking with [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] about it, and we concluded that most ENFP's do have a connection with nature. I wanted to confirm it on this thread.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nah, I don't feel any particular connection to nature. I don't feel the impulse to commune.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I have a strong connection to nature and have noted quite a few INFP's do as well. Functionally I'm not sure exactly how this would tie in, but it seems like being away from people, appreciating the beauty and harmony, having time to just dawdle and reflect with no pressing issues or deadlines could be very fi-oriented. I'm sure fi isn't the only function that would appreciate it, but I can see how Fi would find value in the harmony, purity and authenticity.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know but it can be very inspiring and uplifting or calming and serene....It can evoke a million different moods or transport me into another time or place.

Atmosphere in general is of huge importance to me.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nature has a collective and responsive conduct and order to it. So wild yet purposeful. Nothing is cruel in nature, for everything that seeks its own survival assists everything else in the system. So as an Fi dom, that unspoken value for everyone and everything with the individual's aims ultimately benefiting nature hits home.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
its not Fi related

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, my take on it is that Fi users tend to be tuned into their own emotional state, and natural surroundings tend to have a calming, creativity-enhancing effect (as shown by various studies). So, my suspicion is that Fi users would tend to be more aware of the effect of a natural environment, but that the actual effect is likely to be similar across types.

And, of course, it's possible have many different kinds of emotional connections to nature, many of which would be likely to relate to other functions or types.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I always thought of that as more ixxp. Like Thoreau's walden

Elfa

Señora Member
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
As primary Fi user, I would like to say I do have, but I don't know what you're all calling "connection with nature".

My connection is wi-fi. :p

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know but it can be very inspiring and uplifting or calming and serene....It can evoke a million different moods or transport me into another time or place.

Atmosphere in general is of huge importance to me.

sounds like it has to do with Fi to me
PS: I'm the same way.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't feel any superior connection to it, compared to others. My mood is heavily influenced by atmosphere & aesthetics though. My response to nature tends to depend on how beautiful/inspiring/calming it is. I like it when its unobtrusive & in the background.

I don't like the nitty gritty aspects of the outdoors though. I'm not an outdoorsy, nature girl. Give me the city please (as I type this from a semi-rural bungalow off a dirt road, surrounded by barren hills & howling coyotes - KILL ME!).

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
maybe the feel a connection when the weather reflects the emotional state they are feeling. depressed mood and they go out and there is a dark gloomy sky with large ominous clouds hanging over head. everything is synching with fi

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So, my take on it is that Fi users tend to be tuned into their own emotional state, and natural surroundings tend to have a calming, creativity-enhancing effect (as shown by various studies). So, my suspicion is that Fi users would tend to be more aware of the effect of a natural environment, but that the actual effect is likely to be similar across types.

And, of course, it's possible have many different kinds of emotional connections to nature, many of which would be likely to relate to other functions or types.
^ This. It's nature for some Fi users, and something else for others. You find your inspiration where you can. You find beauty where you can.