• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ns are smarter than Ss?!

Enneagram
9w1
I am pretty dumb when it comes to knowledge and understanding but am generally able to learn enough to get by. :p

Smart uh... I can be smart when it involves getting to the root of something. I can see through bullshit easily. But I can't really make anything myself, I'm just a critic.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Since 2017, there has been 13 additional pages added to this thread. So within the last month alone, we've contributed 1/3rd to this total thread.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am prone to bouts of feeling superior to others, or feeling like I understand things differently, or feeling like I can see beyond the surface to the 'essence' of situations, events, ideas, etc. when others might not "get it." Of course I am also prone to experiencing opposite feelings that I am shit, that there is nothing particularly special or exceptional about how I view the world, that I'm just another minor cog.

I do understand this is not really a healthy way to view myself or others, and sometimes I try to humble myself from the former mindset.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
[MENTION=29849]Yuu[/MENTION]

Sounds like a need to control tied into genuine concern fir you that they cannot properly(and ironically) control.
Aka 'what she is doin, i wouldnt ve able to pull off therefore it must be wrong, so i have to now follow her around in order to keep things from fallibg apart/hurting ly baby!'

The way in which this anxiety manifests usually provides a clue to the personality type but is typically irrelevant in the manifestation of the anxiety/parental worry/need for control. Abd unfortunately, it can create permanent damage to the child's self esteem, especially if done for years on end.

Typically, its their blindspot/inferior functions that is the worst. With me, my dad bashed my Fi (his blindspot) relentlessly demanding Ti and my mom went apeshit on my Ne (being ISTJ), demanding Si. Then it drove her nuts i was able to game the system and succeed with Ne while taking such risks, in her opinion.

Ive seen my INTP brother go nuts over his ISTPs son need to train his Se in the most harrowing situations( in his opinion), and demand he uses his intelligence in a more abstract/safe manner :shrug:
Its just coz he feels inadequate to properly guarantee his sons safety and success in areas where he himself is incompetent (aka Se). Interestingly, he decided over the years to hone that function more just to be able to keep up with his sons :D

This makes a lot of sense. I bet there is a lot of truth behind it.

But it would be great if people could accept thier own short-comings rather then projecting them onto me. It’s driving me to my wits end.

equinoxx

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Meh. I just think N/S types are intelligent in different ways.

N's are usually more intelligent when it comes to ideas & theories. S's are usually more intelligent when it comes to practical, physical things.

For example; try talking to someone about a theory.... an S might get confused or bored, while an N will probably delve into the theory and add to it.
Now imagine someone to explain something more physical, like instructions on how to put something together. The N might take longer and have a harder time following the directions since they're not as "tuned in" to reality as the S, who will probably understand the directions a bit quicker and have an easier time figuring out the mechanics.

That's coming from my experience with N/S types, anyway.

But I really don't think intelligence can be determined by type. I've met some dumb N's and some smart S's. It really depends on the person.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Meh. I just think N/S types are intelligent in different ways. N's are usually more intelligent when it comes to ideas & theories. S's are usually more intelligent when it comes to practical, physical things. For example; try talking to someone about a theory.... an S might get confused or bored, while an N will probably delve into the theory and add to it. Now imagine someone to explain something more physical, like instructions on how to put something together. The N might take longer and have a harder time following the directions since they're not as "tuned in" to reality as the S, who will probably understand the directions a bit quicker and have an easier time figuring out the mechanics. That's coming from my experience with N/S types, anyway. But I really don't think intelligence can be determined by type. I've met some dumb N's and some smart S's. It really depends on the person.
Honestly...my boredom with N types is when they become so disconnected to reality they are not even relevant other then in their own conceptual world. When they are connected to reality I have no issues with deep conceptual/theories/ideas. I willl always falll back to how it applies to the world in front of me.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Honestly...my boredom with N types is when they become so disconnected to reality they are not even relevant other then in their own conceptual world. When they are connected to reality I have no issues with deep conceptual/theories/ideas. I willl always falll back to how it applies to the world in front of me.

No. When it does nothing is relevant.
I forget even my own family, my basic needs, my health so where are you? :shrug:

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No. When it does nothing is relevant. I forget even my own family, my basic needs, my health so where are you? :shrug:
I dont even really think about that stuff much. Its just life and so quick and easy it doesnt take much thought. Its my shallow side, so its not even really processed much. Hungry, food, this sounds good, go. The process is generally that fast. I dont actually put much thought or care into it. There is actually alot of areas where i actually realy on sensory instead of actually going inside and processing. Cant think of someplace to eat, go drive by places and just stop when something sounds or looks good.

I am not one to talk about the theory of theories. I talk about theories of life.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
WHEN WILL "N"s* fucking clean up their own goddamn shit?! Look IDGAF if you "forget" basic hygiene, fucking clean up after you use the kitchen, FUCKS SAKE.

*probably not even real Ns, just lazy ass S pretending to be Ns like on the internet making and posting in threads like this lmfao
**Since the S support thread got hijacked by Ns I'm fucking hijacking this thread *shrug emoji*

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
WHEN WILL "N"s* fucking clean up their own goddamn shit?! Look IDGAF if you "forget" basic hygiene, fucking clean up after you use the kitchen, FUCKS SAKE.

*probably not even real Ns, just lazy ass S pretending to be Ns like on the internet making and posting in threads like this lmfao
**Since the S support thread got hijacked by Ns I'm fucking hijacking this thread *shrug emoji*

Pretending to “shrug* after such a ragestorm?
This is a non-existant battle which makes about as much sense as cat’s v dog’s; it’s purely subjective and getting involved doesn’t make you any better-let it go.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Pretending to “shrug* after such a ragestorm?
You clearly are very angry about this non-existant battle which makes about as much sense as cat’s vdog’s; it’s purely subjective and getting involved doesn’t make you any better-let it go.

:shrug:

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp

As INTP you should never take to the hearth someone looks, organization since your house is probably in mass... Or you just another ISTP with Se-Ni wants to imitate J type ... ;)

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I dont even really think about that stuff much. Its just life and so quick and easy it doesnt take much thought. Its my shallow side, so its not even really processed much. Hungry, food, this sounds good, go. The process is generally that fast. I dont actually put much thought or care into it. There is actually alot of areas where i actually realy on sensory instead of actually going inside and processing. Cant think of someplace to eat, go drive by places and just stop when something sounds or looks good.

I am not one to talk about the theory of theories. I talk about theories of life.

I was talking about forgetting to eat, to drink water, to take cere about your health, to have scheduled time for WC ...(shadows weak Si) As a Se user part of me is hedonist as well... ;)