• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ns are smarter than Ss?!

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Who typed them as an N? With what methods? How can we be sure that they know more about typology when they typed them as such than a layperson?

That's the problem with MBTI statistics, and all typology statistics, imo. People who are smart tend to self-type as N and be typed by others as N, regardless of whether they actually are or not, because so few people look at MBTI past a surface level.

There isn't really much more to MBTI than surface level dude.
If you make any set of questions even weakly related to personality large enough, and make enough groups you'll have pretty 'good' descriptors of 'groups' corresponding to their respective sets of preferences.

The mbti isn't bad, it's a useful tool but only to a fraction of the population - ie people who have strong enough preferences to strongly fit into a type , however it's not precise enough to be of much use to ppl who are 'borderline" (lets say near 50% I/E and near 50% P/J) - in which case they might as well read the horscope.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and of course none of this little thought experiment is going to sully itself with anything as germane as facts or data I suppose?

And of course your little reference isn't sullied with a clear definition of "giftedness", just some vague references to "academic achievement", which at least in the U.S. usually means you are good at standardized tests.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
And sensors (overwhelmingly Sixes) are taking it personally.

There is a difference between debate and taking something personally. I take it personally when people act like they know me based on my type, but the S/N crap spewing is just debate.

Don't you know though? Apparently I'm an N now.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
well I do that but *inferior Si stepped in*

- - - Updated - - -

but I am also Sp last

and also have 2 and 7.

your self care is destroyed. XD

Yes. weak Si as well but he can learn needs of his/her body in time while weak Se user can't.
I know one weak Si user and he possesses zero aesthetic style... :D

But problem with Ne and Se is that both types can have poor self care...
While main cause of poor health by strong Se type is probably wild life (alcohol,drugs and sex) weak Si type is because they forget particularly everything what is not in domain of their Ne.

Ne: Hey, this could be interesting...let's try it... :happy2:
Si: You forget to do task of yesterday! You forget to wash your dishes! You forget to back this in place... etc. :dry:

And what is happening Ne usually don't listen ter Si or forget existence of inf Si.
weak Si as weak Ni can cause to person see himself/herself as J because it is so strong function connecting with awareness of self. :)

So poor health of weak Si and strong Se user is probably cause by toxic environment. ;)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Lol the funniest thing about this is that my Si is just as strong as my Fe which is why I typed as ISFJ for 3 years before ESFJ.

NO WAIT WAIT! I change my mind actually! My favorite thing is that I live a wild party life and also make an art and have a sex. I think I will put it in my diary

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Lol the funniest thing about this is that my Si is just as strong as my Fe which is why I typed as ISFJ for 3 years before ESFJ.

NO WAIT WAIT! I change my mind actually! My favorite thing is that I live a wild party life and also make an art and have a sex. I think I will put it in my diary

Not if you are ISFP which can radiate J because of ter Ni. ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My dog gets stuck under blankets he put himself under... he must be an N...

I'm tempted to start handing out infractions for abuse of typology after reading this thread!

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes. Give me some information about you. ;)

I don't like to think because it's bad for my muscles. I'm an avid arm wrestling fan. I love paying taxes and have developed my skills at accounting to the extent that all my neighbours ask me to help them with their budget. My favorite color is grey. Is this enough info? I don't often self-reflect so it's hard to come up with stuff unless you ask specific questions.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Y-you mean I don't make an art or have a sex? :cry:

You LIED to me!!!

From your reactions I sow a lot of will to be authentic which is Fi. ;)

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
My dog gets stuck under blankets he put himself under... he must be an N...

I'm tempted to start handing out infractions for abuse of typology after reading this thread!

Well N types usually are not ordinal people since their brains work in different and not obvious ways.. ;)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't like to think because it's bad for my muscles. I'm an avid arm wrestling fan. I love paying taxes and have developed my skills at accounting to the extent that all my neighbours ask me to help them with their budget. My favorite color is grey. Is this enough info? I don't often self-reflect so it's hard to come up with stuff unless you ask specific questions.

Hey not fair! Gray actually is my favorite color! :mad:

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp

From this what is written I can say that you are some Si and Te. My guess is INFP (Fi-Si) but will also get into account ISTJ ( Si-Fi ) GREY. ;)

Note: favorite color is not related to types but it can help in some cases. Grey as calm color represent reflection of successful Te (black) and innocent Fi (white) is usually related to E4 or E5 or E1. ;)