• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ns are smarter than Ss?!

Mmm...I see your point. What would you call this “stuff” then that lives in this thread that blockades an actually productive conversation? It’s there, it’s annoying...but beneath it, lies a topic sadly overlooked because the thought of superiority complexes in itself is taboo. This goes for other taboo topics as well, and my thoughts are diverging. Before they do completely, I’m stopping now.

There is no superiority to discuss. Both N and S have strengths and weaknesses. They’re different ways of processing. End of story.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
N's all be like when comparing to their sens0rs:

source.gif

This is Ni-Fe thing but yeah... ;)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just find it funny people argue about this stuff still though, like I celebrate Se so much in like almost all my posts and my humor with you all.

Yet little people post anything about sensing really these days.

GO TO THE HOME AND GARDEN SECTION PPL

here's the link:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/forum38/

I've written a thread supporting ISFJ's:

Top 5 Myths About ISFJ's

So really, to me saying that all intuitives on this forum just bully sensors is just confirmation bias really. Some do it, but they just get the attention because people flare up their intention

I hardly ever show my intuitive side of me at work, because it's not welcome there... but you know what?

^ OMG FOREVER HOW COULD U

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I just don't understand why don't you recognize the fact that mayority od S type people are stupid folks since the most of people are S type!
You are not objecitve! Come on! It is nothing personal. I mean, you think wow I am S type and we are all here smart ass so others trillion people out there is smart too. Wow! Trust me, level of people stupidity is limitless even of those who claim to be smart and cuz of that somtimes I don't want to live in this planet anymore...

This is the basic logic and you failed not me. :shrug:

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I just find it funny people argue about this stuff still though, like I celebrate Se so much in like almost all my posts and my humor with you all.

Yet little people post anything about sensing really these days.

GO TO THE HOME AND GARDEN SECTION PPL

here's the link:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/forum38/

I've written a thread supporting ISFJ's:

Top 5 Myths About ISFJ's

So really, to me saying that all intuitives on this forum just bully sensors is just confirmation bias really. Some do it, but they just get the attention because people flare up their intention

Naw I think the thing is we've actually got a cool bunch of regulars who've likely (??? i dunno, coz I havent actually paid attention) switched types multiple times and are just gonna run off the kind of guys that post that kind of "N=SEE EVERYTHING" and "S=SEE ONE TINY THING" kind of rubbish memes

I'm not saying posts like this don't still get made, but this forum is probably one of the less shit ones.

....UGHHH I WISH I HAD Se.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
There is no superiority to discuss. Both N and S have strengths and weaknesses. They’re different ways of processing. End of story.

Apologies, I meant superiority complexes in people, aka perceived superiority.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just don't understand why don't you recognize the fact that mayority od S type people are stupid folks since the most of people are S type!
You are not objecitve! Come on! It is nothing personal. I mean, you think wow I am S type and we are all here smart ass so others trillion people out there is smart too. Wow! Trust me, level of people stupidity is limitless even of those who claim to be smart and cuz of that somtimes I don't want to live in this planet anymore...

Why do you even think the majority of the world is stupid?

Precisely the drivel that should be more than reason enough to shut this thing down.

Like someone already stated, they’re processing functions, not indicators or facilitators of intelligence. The very core of this thread is flawed.

That’s it people. You don’t have to go home but you can’t stay here. Shut it down.

Seriously shoot this rabid dog.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

The highlighted doesn't follow.

If you assume the majority of people (all people) are stupid, but a S on average is no more likely to be stupid than an N, then the most you can conclude is:

1. Most S's are stupid.

2. Most N's are stupid.

3. Most stupid people are S (simply because there are so many more of them).

The same logic also leads to:

4. Most intelligent people are S.

But none of this says anything useful about anyone, especially since we haven't defined what constitutes "stupid".

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Take a good hard look at yourself. Think of all the stuff you're projecting onto everyone else.

I don't cere what I am project on someone else.
I don't cere if I hurt their feelings by dissucusion...
So what is the point of disscusion if we won't end up by concusluon!
For only I cere is truth and sad truth is the fact that humans are stupid in general and sometimes level is so high that I feel like I am talk with some sort of beasts and not reasoble creatures.... :(

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
The highlighted doesn't follow.

If you assume the majority of people (all people) are stupid, but a S on average is no more likely to be stupid than an N, then the most you can conclude is:

1. Most S's are stupid.

2. Most N's are stupid.

3. Most stupid people are S (simply because there are so many more of them).

The same logic also leads to:

4. Most intelligent people are S.

But none of this says anything useful about anyone, especially since we haven't defined what constitutes "stupid".

I don't assume. I know.;)

No. Different % and values. ;)

First. There is the border beteen induvidual and wholeness.
I don't speak about induviduals neither I cere. ;)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does it matter?

Traditional intelligence is seriously overrated. And given way too much weight and credit.

There are so many different types of intelligence, that this one for some bizarre reason overshadows, it is ridiculous.

So you know how quantum theory? Whoopitidoo. It doesnt keep you alive in the dead of winter or show you how to actually form long lasting bonds of friendship that actually contribute to your happiness and ability to thrive in this world :shrug:

Every type of intelligence is valuable in its own way - including the traditional kind. You just cant be good at all of em nor should you have to be or have your social rank/ self worth be dependent on it. Instead, wouldnt it be amazing to appreciate the complimentary nature of all those different types and actually use it to the fulledt, instead of devaluing others and fighting them over social ranking and bragging rights :rolleyes:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Does it matter?

Traditional intelligence is seriously overrated. And given way too much weight and credit.

There are so many different types of intelligence, that this one for some bizarre reason overshadows, it is ridiculous.

So you know how quantum theory? Whoopitidoo. It doesnt keep you alive in the dead of winter or show you how to actually form long lasting bonds of friendship that actually contribute to your happiness and ability to thrive in this world :shrug:

Every type of intelligence is valuable in its own way - including the traditional kind. You just cant be good at all of em nor should you have to be or have your social rank/ self worth be dependent on it. Instead, wouldnt it be amazing to appreciate the complimentary nature of all those different types and actually use it to the fulledt, instead of devaluing others and fighting them over social ranking and bragging rights :rolleyes:

Now we’re moving from the philosophy of epistemology to philosophy of ethics:

in other words: does it matter what we know and how we can know things if we can enjoy our life for what we have?

what is the good life? 🤔

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Now we're moving from the philosophy of epistemology to philosophy of ethics: in other words: does it matter what we know and how we can know things if we can enjoy our life for what we have? what is the good life? 🤔
Actually, no.

Im challenging the pedestal traditional intelligence enjoys and the worth it supposedly has - as much as it has its place, dont get me wrong.( otherwise you end up with the jocks vs nerds thing again. Another stupid way to devalue others, basically)
Social intelligence and practical intelligence were just examples I used to make my point.

Im kind of tired of the need to create caste systems for no good reason and use them to fabricate insults, look down on others because they re not the same or for the sole purpose of feeling good about yourself at someone else expense using imaginary value :shrug:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, no.

Im challenging the pedestal traditional intelligence enjoys and the worth it supposedly has - as much as it has its place, dont get me wrong.( otherwise you end up with the jocks vs nerds thing again. Another stupid way to devalue others, basically)
Social intelligence and practical intelligence were just examples I used to make my point.

Im kind of tired of the need to create caste systems for no good reason and use them to fabricate insults, look down on others because they re not the same or for the sole purpose of feeling good about yourself at someone else expense using imaginary value :shrug:

I mean this is a forum very devoid of jocks and probably many more nerds for sure. (I mean if we were to use such harsh categorization)

It’s human nature. If it’s not preferences, someone will use the liking system, if not that, someone will use the number of views and replies on a thread. Because we’re all humans someone is gonna find something to measure their worth with. (I was against likes also for the measure of someone’s post, because sometimes likes is not so much supporting the validity of what they posted more of it so saying I support you as a friend and it skews the conversation where the most liked person will win even if they are objectively wrong, sometimes)

It would be nice if it could end and we could just love ourselves for who we are without a quantity or quality to compare ourselves to others.

Jaguar

This post has the logic of a bagel. Btw, is English your first language?