• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ns are smarter than Ss?!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyone who says that they're smarter than a whole group of people is just showing that they aren't... and showing that they're so desperate to feel the best at something that it's likely that they're a real nobody in real life :)

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sensors are just as intelligent as Intuituves. There's variation in both.
There are a lot of smart sensors. As far as fictional characters are concerned, I've always considered Dana Scully and Hermione Granger to be sensors. They're brilliant. I'm using fictional examples as I can't think of any prominent real world sensors (saying people I know but members likely don't won't prove anything) and fiction mirrors reality.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Each function contributes a different kind of intelligence.

So, Se would have the best kinaesthetic intelligence, Si the best... clerical/administrative/rote learning intelligence.

But when we talk about intelligence I guess we are biased towards thinking specifically about certain kinds of intelligence.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mbti isn't intelligence, it's mindset of life, but everyone yas dufferent definitions of mbti, so whatever.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve punched myself in the face while sneezing, or walked into various large objects well within my field of vision.

If we examine this^ through the narrow lens of stereotype, those with a preference for sensing are clearly the superior creatures, here. My proprioception is worse than a toddler’s. That’s just a caricature, though, not an entirely accurate depiction.

We’re only ever shown mere fragments of what makes up any person. It’s easy to measure what we can see, but it’s even more important to factor in what we can’t.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve punched myself in the face while sneezing, or walked into various large objects well within my field of vision.

If we examine this^ through the narrow lens of stereotype, those with a preference for sensing are clearly the superior creatures, here. My proprioception is worse than a toddler’s. That’s just a caricature, though, not an entirely accurate depiction.

We’re only ever shown mere fragments of what makes up any person. It’s easy to measure what we can see, but it’s even more important to factor in what we can’t.

The problem is assuming anyone is superior to begin with.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The problem is assuming anyone is superior to begin with.

Exactly. Different things require more value/motivation, focus, & conscious effort for different people, but that doesn’t make them any less intelligent, overall.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If makes anyone feel better, I think all the force users in Star Wars were sensors. :vader1:
That is because they are the only ones who need it.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I’m smarter than all of you! YOU SHALL NOW FALL INTO MY COMMAND FOR I AM EVIL.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Exactly. Different things require more value/motivation, focus, & conscious effort for different people, but that doesn't make them any less intelligent, overall.

/thread

Seriously, the whole intelligence dickswinging and pedestalling tends to only be telling on the subject of those that are fixated on it, ime :shrug:

Permabanned

/thread