• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ns are smarter than Ss?!

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's different kinds of intelligence. The S folks have street smarts and art and crafts and carpentry and stuff.

Whereas the N folks are better at architecting self congratulatory, circular theories about how much smarter they are than the S folks, and also in finding like minded audiences who can digest and confirm those theories. In theory, their theories do hold up. Theoretically.

eta: I kid. Halfway. But good lord they can and do run into that danger.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In my friendship group we are two INFPs, an ENFJ, INFJ and an ISFJ and the ISFJ I must admit I don't think is very smart. We were talking about this TV show we were watching where they treat the women awfully and she and I were discussing a relationship on the show which she liked but as soon as I got a little more abstract thinking about why the women are treated like crap and the influence on the viewers and how it is a reflection of society as a whole she looked completely bored. No offence but a lot of Ss I've met are like this. While an N is always up to delve into a deep topic, Ss seem to view them as pointless? As though they are too stupid to see the importance of such conversations, of these big ideas and how any change starts with two people talking and changing mindsets? They just want to talk about mundane things. Even their dreams are often dull and reflect their everyday environment. Like they can't possibly imagine a reality or future any different from the one we are in now? How can you not have any vision?
Finding a topic boring is not an indicator of intelligence.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's different kinds of intelligence. The S folks have street smarts and art and crafts and carpentry and stuff.

Whereas the N folks are better at architecting self congratulatory, circular theories about how much smarter they are than the S folks, and also in finding like minded audiences who can digest and confirm those theories. In theory, their theories do hold up. Theoretically.
Fun fact: Sensor brains are located in our hands. Because we only have handicraft-smarts.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Fun fact: Sensor brains are located in our hands. Because we only have handicraft-smarts.

Wait, so like, do sensors have ten brains then? So they’re like 10x smarter than intuitives?? Probably 10x smarter than this one at least :p

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
can these threads end...

god.

*continues to post*

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Finding a topic boring is not an indicator of intelligence.

I feel as if boredom is an indicator of ignorance.

I'm bored when I have little to no knowledge with the situation at hand.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wait, so like, do sensors have ten brains then? So they’re like 10x smarter than intuitives?? Probably 10x smarter than this one at least :p

Maybe I would see sensors with two brains but with 5 parts... kind of like left-right brain, but on 5 dimensional level.

But only 5.

Their nervous system must be so legit, no wonder sensors get swol arms so quickly.

Remember sensors: DON'T SKIP LEG DAY!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
when a rando internet user finds that they're an intuitive and then proceed to see themselves above sens0rs:

My eyelashes are seven feet long, people stop, they stop and stare
They wanna know if I got 'em glued on but I woke up and they were there
I was born with make up on, mani-pedi, and everything
Normal babies whine and cry but I could only sing

[Pre-Chorus]
You don't even know what to do with me
I came from your cotton candy dreams, oh

[Chorus]
I'm softer than a daisy, if you cut me I'll bleed pink
I'm bleach blonde, baby, that's how God made me
Not everyone was born this perfect
But, it's just my burden to bear

[Verse 2]
Say my name three times and I will grant your every wish
Think of me before you sleep and taste my angel's kiss
One day my face will be on a million dollar bill
Being flawless everyday, well, that's my only skill

[Pre-Chorus]
You don't even know what to do with me
I came from your cotton candy dreams, oh

[Chorus]
I'm softer than a daisy, if you cut me I'll bleed pink

[Bridge]
They say maybe she was born with it
They say how could she be so legit
They say maybe she was born with it
Well it's true, I was

[Chorus]
I'm softer than a daisy, If you cut me I'll bleed pink

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
this is before they realize that dominant intuition comes at a cost:

if their lazy ass minds could even read that far

BYE BYE SENSATION

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
What do you mean 'special snowflake topics'? The fact you don't care about anything bigger than the mundane activities of everyday life shows you are stupid.

even an N will care only about the mundane everyday activities if that's the most pressing thing, especially if it's a NTJ.

And even an S will start to retreat into a fantasy world via loop or grips if it's
--

actually, why am I even bothering? ? such a waste of energy to talk with someone like this looool

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I would see sensors with two brains but with 5 parts... kind of like left-right brain, but on 5 dimensional level.

But only 5.

Their nervous system must be so legit, no wonder sensors get swol arms so quickly.

Remember sensors: DON'T SKIP LEG DAY!

my legs r stronk, i am intuitive clearly

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream

eta: I kid. Halfway. But good lord they can and do run into that danger.

...well theories always hold up theoretically

... GOD FI HAVE TO WRITE AN ESSAY ABOUT CASSIERER

I THINK CASSIERER'S THEORY WOULD SOLVE SO GODDAMN MUCH ABOUT THESE CIRCULARA LOGIC STEROETYPICALLY (yes i KNOW I KNOW) N-TYPE PROBLEMS. AND THIS WAS ALWAYS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM I HAD WITH "THEORIES" or rather modes of knowing the world that's generally self-contradictory.

....Gotta move first

RosieJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
even an N will care only about the mundane everyday activities if that's the most pressing thing, especially if it's a NTJ. And even an S will start to retreat into a fantasy world via loop or grips if it's -- actually, why am I even bothering? ? such a waste of energy to talk with someone like this looool - - - Updated - - - my legs r stronk, i am intuitive clearly
Well you're rude. I don't disagree that Ss have street smarts and I already said they are great at noticing details and being observant etc/ as they are very in the moment. That is the difference between S and N. However, I do think that in other ways Ns typically are smarter. Sure boredom for a big ideas-y subject does not always indicate stupidity but it is often correlated with ignorance and lack of ability to understand the idea, which makes sense as Ss aren't abstract thinkers. And no offence but I see this as lacking at least a certain type of intelligence. Many Ns can jump from one topic to another and another N will understand exactly how they are correlated because they can do those big jumps in their head they don't have to have someone walk them through every step like an S does. This is something I see everyday with the difference between S and N people. Basically Ss can be very smart but I think all Ns can be Ss and do pretty much what they do whereas no Ss can truly think like Ns.
Im not saying these things in a malicious way. They are just things I have noticed and I am honestly sharing my opinion. If you disagree that's okay - I want to hear differing opinions.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
- - - Updated - - -

my legs r stronk, i am intuitive clearly

Woh I rel8? Dis solves all my problams. I was born with thicc swol legs (no srsly I was)

:hifive: intuitor master rac3

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Well you're rude. I don't disagree that Ss have street smarts and I already said they are great at noticing details and being observant etc/ as they are very in the moment. That is the difference between S and N. However, I do think that in other ways Ns typically are smarter. Sure boredom for a big ideas-y subject does not always indicate stupidity but it is often correlated with ignorance and lack of ability to understand the idea, which makes sense as Ss aren't abstract thinkers. And no offence but I see this as lacking at least a certain type of intelligence. Many Ns can jump from one topic to another and another N will understand exactly how they are correlated because they can do those big jumps in their head they don't have to have someone walk them through every step like an S does. This is something I see everyday with the difference between S and N people. Basically Ss can be very smart but I think all Ns can be Ss and do pretty much what they do whereas no Ss can truly think like Ns.
Im not saying these things in a malicious way. They are just things I have noticed and I am honestly sharing my opinion. If you disagree that's okay - I want to hear differing opinions.

Okay, then the first thing to do would be to examine whether or not there's a contradiction in what you're trying to say. Correlation is completely different from causation, and even IF there was an IQ test stating that "intuitives" are generally "smarter" - which, again, is biased in two ways: how MBTI typing tends towards intuitive bias when it comes to framing intuitive-typing as "intelligent", and also, IQ tests aren't designed to necessarily navigate the "real world" - there are multiple types of intelligence.

I don't really care if you're saying these things in a malicious way. Your personal observation misses the bigger picture: even if someone was an S, they would either identify as N or get typed as N if they were sufficiently smart enough or had the priorities (i.e. of abstraction and big picture).

Again. Examine that internal logic first and proof it. You're speaking in circles.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is perhaps worth noting that valuing something enough to engage in it with observable frequency is not necessarily a reliable indicator of overall capacity or aptitude, by any means.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
It is perhaps worth noting that valuing something enough to engage in it with observable frequency is not necessarily a reliable indicator of overall capacity or aptitude, by any means.

...Something I observed a lot on this website xD

.............flees

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't really care if you're saying these things in a malicious way. Your personal observation misses the bigger picture: even if someone was an S, they would either identify as N or get typed as N if they were sufficiently smart enough or had the priorities (i.e. of abstraction and big picture).
This happens a lot IME, entirely because being an intelligent S seems impossible by this common (and disheartening) logic.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
This happens a lot IME, entirely because being an intelligent S seems impossible by this common (and disheartening) logic.

I'm a bit "weh" about my own typing and type descriptions, which is why I don't have anything listed xD ...I've changed my type like.five times at least

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Basically Ss can be very smart but I think all Ns can be Ss and do pretty much what they do whereas no Ss can truly think like Ns.
This is a pretty unintelligent statement and tells me you don't actually know what an S brings to the table vs an N (and no, it's not S = gossip, can't connect the dots, and talks about mundane things by default). And to believe someone with a strong N preference would be capable of 'doing pretty much what an S does' and the reverse does not hold true does not make sense. They are *preferences*. An S prefers NOT to sit in abstract-land ad nauseum, just as an N prefers not to sit in observation-land ad nauseum. Most S's CAN however venture into abstract land if they choose to, just as most N's CAN venture into observation-land if they choose to. I would say though that the more *extreme* the preference one has, the more difficult it would be, and some may in fact not be able to do well in that other 'land' at all. But honestly in my observations of people, I think most people aren't super strong in their preference on this dimension. Yes, some are absolutely, but there's tons of middle ground there.

I mean -- your 'N's can do pretty much anything S's can do' is just patently false. The number of N's who are utterly incapable of doing *simple* tasks, or remembering them, is pretty funny -- when observing in the real world. From my pov they can come across as stupid. Take working behind the counter at a fast-paced high-need-to-be-adaptable-on-your-feet type of job. The role is not that difficult -- it doesn't take high brain capacity. It does however elude many an N who cannot easily manage it. I have seen N's externally appear incredibly stupid in this environment, and they aren't able to excel at it -- iow, they actually fail at 'being S'. Or transmit your highly-preferenced N 'absent-minded professor' into an S job. I guarantee he or she'd drop the ball repeatedly and would fail at performing the job.

Now let's reverse it. There are most definitely S's who will of course fail abysmally at highly theoretical roles. And there are plenty of S's who could care less about these things, these concepts. There are definitely S's who do not think in such a way as to be able to excel at aptitude tests or IQ tests.

However there are a large number of S's who in fact do find these things fascinating and CAN do well in these studies, and who can do quite well in aptitude tests - your traditional metrics of 'intelligence' and pattern matching/recognition. BUT there are also N's who do poorly at these tests. (Unless you're someone who by definition believes if one does poorly on them, and does poorly with this sort of 'intelligence', then one cannot be N - in which case anyone who does well would have to be N (even S's)).

You are forgetting that it's in the end a preference. What you are describing is like a caricature of an extreme S. And if that's the only sort of S you know, that's too bad.

(and fwiw, like others have already mentioned, by your criteria, the world would type as probably at least 50%N, 50%S --- iow lots of S's don't particularly care for the so-called S people you're describing, thus would easily self-identify as N)