• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP vs ENTP?

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
Differences? Similarities?

What do you all have to say about it?

Many people I know tend to confuse them.

Here's my explanation:

ENFP vs ENTP:

OTHER MBTI VIDEOS:

Ni vs Ne:

Ti vs Te:

Fi vs Fe:

Introverts and Extraverts:

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]

Maybe this will help you out.

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Very good explanation, you showed me some different point of views of both types. And the explanation of how each type use each of its functions was great too.

All types with the same dom are very alike and hard to differ, but I guess ENTP and ENFP are one of the hardest imo. For example, it's not that easy to confuse an ESFP with an ESTP, even they're both Se dom. Or even INFJ and INTJ, both Ni dom.
Anyway, I think you should eventually make seven more videos explaining all other types with the same dom function.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=14757]Doctorjuice[/MENTION]

I'm not sure if you made that video just for me, but if you did I appreciate it. I can relate to things in both descriptions really. The good thing is that I am pretty sure that I lead with Ne. So at least that is set in stone.

What I relate to when it comes to Ti:

-I am an EXTREMEMLY analytical person. I do tend to analyze things to the bone, and don't make quick decisions at all. It's like I will analyze and analyze until I can't analyze anymore, and then I make a decision. The awful thing is that after that I then analyze some more, and if I decide that my previous decision doesn't make sense then I will almost like throw everything away and start from scratch. My cognitive process is a pain in the ass.
-I am excellent with computers, technology, and gadgets and can easily figure out any type of technical device.

-Fi traits

-I am a very subjective person, and almost no one would view me as impersonal at all.
-I don't do well with criticism at all, and can get sensitive at times.
-I'm very into self expression.

Te traits

I basically suck with Te. I hate using Te, and don't use it worth a damn.

Fe traits

-I'm very good at care taking.
-I can easily know and feel what others are feeling.
-I don't really like to offend people and I always know if I am going to offend people.
-I instantly know how others feel about me.
-I'm very self-sacrificing.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=9160]HelenOfTroy[/MENTION]

Yes, I got your reputation and many do say that I seem more ENTP than ENFP. I actually just made this video of me too, did you see it....

http://youtu.be/Gv626VFxCVA

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Differences? Similarities?

What do you all have to say about it?

Many people I know tend to confuse them.

Here's my explanation:

ENFP vs ENTP:

The video states incorrectly that "80% feeling and 20% thinking doesn't work that way." It states this as an argument to rely only on functions.

This is a common assumption I've seen around here. But Jung himself has sections on Feeling in general and Thinking in general, i.e., not related to attitudes. These alone qualify as functions in general.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yes, I got your reputation and many do say that I seem more ENTP than ENFP. I actually just made this video of me too, did you see it....

http://youtu.be/Gv626VFxCVA

I'm about 20 seconds in and paused to say i get a distinct ENTP vibe from you. Will carry on watching now though... and edit to add more.

Haha, ok, 1.40 in and just wanted to say i feel good about you being ENTP...
Yah... you reek of another ENTP i know... i think you have well developed Fe though, which may have caused some confusement over your type.
That thing where you frequently mention "morons" and talk of your own intelligence-:smile:
I see the Ne, Ti and Fe, i just think your Fe is high.

Editing Moar: The introverted thinking...sitting by yourself and going over things, anaylising. It's hot there.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm about 20 seconds in and paused to say i get a distinct ENTP vibe from you. Will carry on watching now though... and edit to add more.

Haha, ok, 1.40 in and just wanted to say i feel good about you being ENTP...

Cool. Thanks for the info. Watch the rest of the movie, and tell if you still think entp.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

Thanks for the info. Why did you think ENTP over ENFP?

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Thanks for the info. Why did you think ENTP over ENFP?

You have an analytical slant that i do not so often see in ENFP's, also... "most people are morons" is not something i hear from the mouths of babes so much (though it is true... i wouldn't usually phrase it that way and infact am already debating it in my own head). Believing you are an intellectual too...and quite decided about it. Also... i know it sounds silly, but the eyebrow wiggling at the beginning... something about it...reminds me of other ENTP's.
ENFP's are often gentler, bouncier and more accepting (in general).
I have more... that's immediate off the top of my head stuff....and poss not all exactly correct... but mine thoughts -so valid (to me).

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
You have an analytical slant that i do not so often see in ENFP's, also... "most people are morons" is not something i hear from the mouths of babes so much (though it is true... i wouldn't usually phrase it that way and infact am already debating it in my own head). Believing you are an intellectual too...and quite decided about it. Also... i know it sounds silly, but the eyebrow wiggling at the beginning... something about it...reminds me of other ENTP's.
ENFP's are often gentler, bouncier and more accepting (in general).
I have more... that's immediate off the top of my head stuff....and poss not all exactly correct... but mine thoughts -so valid (to me).

Yes, like you said my mind isn't as bouncy as an ENFP

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, like you said my mind isn't as bouncy as an ENFP

I don't consider "analytical" or "bouncy" to be valid categories distinguishing, say, intuitives from thinkers, or thinkers from feelers.

I would focus on type descriptions.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I don't consider "analytical" or "bouncy" to be valid categories distinguishing, say, intuitives from thinkers, or thinkers from feelers.

I would focus on type descriptions.

I fit the ENTP description better over all I think.

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP

I am convinced you are just an ENTP with highly developed Fe.

I think identifying type based on your cognitive functions is the best way to go. Neuroscience research by Dario Nardi for instance shows almost no correlations between the preferences created by Myers and Briggs, the functions show really strong correlations.

Also, no the video wasn't just for you haha, I do hope it helped you out though.

[MENTION=10786]Swivelinglight[/MENTION] and others

I thank you for the positive feedback

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I fit the ENTP description better over all I think.

Briefly, "ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their debating skills."

Fe is the tertiary of the type.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think identifying type based on your cognitive functions is the best way to go.

Confusing. How do you tell the difference, with all the tertiaries and such? Obviously it was confusing in this case.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7

I think identifying type based on your cognitive functions is the best way to go. Neuroscience research by Dario Nardi for instance shows almost no correlations between the preferences created by Myers and Briggs, the functions show really strong correlations.

Also, no the video wasn't just for you haha, I do hope it helped you out though.

[MENTION=10786]Swivelinglight[/MENTION] and others

I thank you for the positive feedback

So you saw the new video then?

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=13589]Mal+[/MENTION]

You're going to run into a lot of inaccuracies by typing based on preferences. The Great One is a great example. I am convinced he is ENTP, so are many people. If we were going by the preferences we would've typed him as ENFP.

Alright