• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

UniqueMixture's mbti (theory and or type)

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What if instead of taking the cognitive functions results and conforming them to a type, why not just see the person as a unique type with functional usage in proportion by the test's metric?

So for example my type would be primary Ne/Se with secondary Fi/Ti this makes a lot more sense than squeezing into a type that doesn't conform to who you are.

What type would you be under this system? What is my mbti type?

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
True. But it makes it harder to understand when you want a formula.

G

garbage

Your type would, I guess, be PeJi, or ExxP. If I didn't lock myself into a box, I'd regard myself as NxJe. Maybe those are good enough answers.

The system we tend to use has rules such as, "welp, if your dominant is extroverted, then your secondary is introverted" or "you 'have' Fi but not Fe." Sometimes, when we try to explain personalities with overly strict rules, we get nearly meaningless results and make baseless inferences.

I'm all for more flexible, trait-based systems. If we're going to try to use a model to explain and predict aspects of our world (e.g. the people around us), we may as well get ourselves a good, valid model first.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would be ne/fi ni/fe

I think.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
True. But it makes it harder to understand when you want a formula.

Formula you say?

Intj = infj with less oxytocin = istj with lower serotonin = intp with more strict parenting style = entj with less confidence = etc etc

The way to transition between types is to feel as they do. The way to feel as they do is to adopt their behavior, their posture, their patterns of speech, their media intake, their life pattern.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Formula you say?

Intj = infj with less oxytocin = istj with lower serotonin = intp with more strict parenting style = entj with less confidence = etc etc

The way to transition between types is to feel as they do. The way to feel as they do is to adopt their behavior, their posture, their patterns of speech, their media intake, their life pattern.

Pretty good! I can't disagree too much with your first statement.

But I meant a quick and dirty guide. Of course, chances are if you know the basic differences between the 16 different types, you could just as easily learn the primary cognitive function duals....:thinking: Still MBTI makes it easier and tells you a bit more with the 4 preferences versus the primary/aux cog functions, don't you think.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not in my opinion. I think Te for example represents too many things. Examples include a certain kind of brain style, interest in economics, being boring, making quick descisions without thinking, heirarchical thinking, etc. A lot of these interpretations overlap with other symbols on the function map (Te in mbti is undistinguishable from Tj for example).

I guess I see typology as a sort of "universal translator" that I use to translate my thoughts from internal individual language (that I believe we all have) to the braina franca of reality lol.

The interesting thing is I think as a forum we do tend to agree on certain definitions more or less which is how we talk about these things. Basically we take all the people who claim to be a certain type and find the similarities between them. Other types are defined as "not that." Theory is used for the "rare" types (on forums such as these) like esfps. If you meet enough of all the types though you see the similarities between all the types. For example, I think most people can see the similarities between say an esfp and an enfp, but few people see the similarities between say entjs and isfps.