• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Do the Other Temperaments Think of You?

Nadir

Enigma
MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
I'm surprised this thread has so many replies. I would not be able to do this -- well, I could, perhaps the way Alesia did it. In my case there are enough differences between, say, the ENFJ and the INFP that I'm unable to wrap the "Idealists" up in a few sentences.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, I'll go with the closest person to me in each one to make it easier..

SJ - my mom: loves my creativity and passion, my sense of humor (when its not TIME TO BE SERIOUS), and my adventurous spirit. is annoyed by my not caring if my collar looks exactly right or if my tip is calculated right, my forgetting to do really simple things like take her trash out when she's not in town, and my lack of planning.

SP - male co-worker: likes my dependability, my conversation skills, my ability to cheer up and encourage people, my sharing in random goofiness. is confused by my sticking to what he considers rigid morals (i.e. I don't want to go to the strip club with him) and my liking of soft music (he listens to metal and rap.)

NT - male former co-worker: simultaneously likes and is confused by my faith and morals, seems illogical to him but is a fascinating subject because he loves to study the history of everything like civilizations and religions and the like, even though he views them all as superstitions not to live life by, likes sharing jokes and funny stories with me, and my teasing of the SP co-worker above. ;)

NF - female co-worker: likes my humor, randomness, and knowledge about music, is annoyed by my lack of consideration of hypothetical situations and my not wanting her advice or feeling like I have to work on fixing every flaw in myself. likes my generosity (never minding paying for lunch), is confused by me seeming not to care about ever planning for the future

Is it weird that I feel closer to my co-workers than my friends outside of work? I guess it's just that I see the co-workers every day, and the others mostly on weekends. ;)

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Rationals: Either find me fascinating or boring, depending on how intellectual they are.

Artisans: Usually think I'm boring, but that I have some quirky aspects that make them want to talk to me anyway.

Idealist: Usually adore me and want to get to know me, sometimes making it a personal project.

Guardian: Sometimes get along with me, though most of the time I don't hold my thoughts well enough for them.

Sling

MBTI Type
N358
SP's and NF's : I get along with well. They tend to be fascinated and drawn to me for some reason. I think they tend to view me as laid back, intelligent, and quiet, yet charming in some weird way. XSTP's are an exception to this, though I still get along with them as long as they aren't the cocky/stupid type.

Other NT's..They understand the way I think. When I need somebody intelligent to discuss things with, I'll usually seek out an NT.

SJ's : They probably think Im odd if I let on at all about my true self. Though I don't give a damn. If they had their way, we would all live on a cube-shaped spacecraft instead of a planet. Interestingly enough, as little as I get along with SJ's, they are often times the simplest to figure out and the easiest to charm or the simplest to figure out and the hardest to charm.

bravesthope

MBTI Type
INFP
Hmm, I don't believe I've met many NTs so I can't say.

SPs I get along with alright, but they're a lot more action oriented than I am (me being an NF). They find talk boring, they would rather do something. I would rather talk than do things. But they bring me out of my shell and I love them (or most of them) for that. :)

SJs I took to for advice, but they probably see me as a pushover. I can't really relate to them. They talk about security, I couldn't really care less about it.

NFs - I wish I could meet more of them! I feel a special connection with them, but I feel like I don't know many and none are close to me. I think we get along well, being similar.

D

Dali

NFs - I like you a lot yet I can't understand you... there's... something about you...

NTs - You're funny and make me laugh but I don't understand you.

SJs - What's the matter with you? Why can't you be normal? Ugh.

SPs - :)

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Rationals tend to think I am amusing and entertaining. They are sometimes flummoxed because I am 'too nice'.

Guardians tend to like me because I am pretty responsible when it comes to performing duties with them. They also think I'm funny and have good ideas, while being utterly clueless about looking after myself or my appearance. I do get slightly disapproving looks from them occasionally. :-/

Idealists and I tend to get into deep and meaningful conversations with each other, go completely zany and start inspiring each other to do crazy things or encourage each other to death.

Artisans are always telling me I'm too weird or too intense! They also swing between thinking I'm hilarious or off my rocker. :-/

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Most of this is speculation, but I know enough type to pretend I know what people think of me.

NFs think I'm brilliant, passionate, and full of potential. They even learn to appreciate the abrasive/deliberately rude behavior. Somehow it all seems to gel with their... well it seems like they have an ego for me, and everything is permissible, they'll be the one to issue a reprimand when I do step out of line.
Either that, or they figure (accurately I should add) that if they defend and support me, that I'll do it for them. Unfortunately for me, I know far too few of these creatures.

Or by contrast, there are the ones who heatedly hate me for being so violent with my words. These ones are almost always wrongheaded anyway. Not that that matters to me. I'm gonna screw with them anyway just 'cause I know they hate it.

S_Js... what is there to say about an S_J? They all say they see potential in me, but it's wasted.
"What are we going to do with you?" I get that one a lot.
Or better "*gasp followed by pause* Get that out of your ear" referring to my stretched earlobes.
Get them out of here.

S_Ps don't get me. They don't get it.
"You're a weird dude..."
Well they don't really get anything. Except what they want. And they should. Every goddamned one of them deserves whatever they get. That's their philosophy, and it's the one I hold for them. The extraverts, if they've not enlisted me, view me as a threat, to be, either eliminated, or ignored. I even got an ESFP (I know... holy shit) to hate me. I'm quite proud to be honest. The introverts... Well ISTP... geniuses almost all of them. Except that they don't always know what I'm talking about, which is disheartening because I know they're goddamned smart. That's ok. We get along because they don't really care about what anyone is talking about, and I don't expect them to understand -- just to be well practiced.
ISFPs are like the girl who everyone thinks is interesting, because all of them seem to have been traumatized... it's as if God picks on all of them... What happened here? I see through it. They're not really interesting. Creative though. I appreciate that, and they, in response, appreciate me.

Well S_Ps either don't know/care you're there, or like you as long as you like them.

NT: The extraverts normally don't like me. I think it's because they all like to think of themselves as revolutionary thinkers. They've all got 'the next big idea' and they're pissed off when mine invariably take precedence over theirs.
The introverts however very much enjoy to hear what I have to say. One INTJ friend even almost got himself kicked out of school for enforcing an idea I'd impressed him with.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SJs think I'm strange and an abnormal psycho.

SPs think I'm boring.

NTs think I'm either intelligent or stupid.

NFs think I'm an asshole and, yes, an abnormal psycho.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
My ISTJ husband loves me so much he almost told me once. If I ever learn how to do everything perfectly and by his rules, I am sure that someday he will tell me so.

I dunno. In RL a lot of people say that I am "interesting."

You might have to be from MN to know that "interesting" or "different" are two descriptors the "Minnesota Nice" folks use when they'd rather not say what they are thinking. Heh.

As many INFPs I have often felt misunderstood and don't understand others at times. My ISTP son is truly my Enigma which is distressing to me. My ENFP daughter and I don't have to speak to know how we feel about each other.

I feel liked, if not loved, by most. Tolerated, if not accepted, by some. I have rarely felt hated by anyone. Good enough to satisfy me.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
ISFPs are like the girl who everyone thinks is interesting, because all of them seem to have been traumatized... it's as if God picks on all of them... What happened here? I see through it. They're not really interesting. Creative though. I appreciate that, and they, in response, appreciate me.

Well S_Ps either don't know/care you're there, or like you as long as you like them.

:laugh: I think you alternate between being rudely funny and just rude.

Obviously, I'm talking about your forum posts, I dunno you in person.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
SP: Weird, yet slightly cool in his weird way.
SJ: I'm either The Anti-Christ, or a smart guy who agrees with them about something.
NF: "Why aren't you working for the CIA?" *shrug* They haven't called yet.
NT: "How could you think that?"

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
SP: weird, but fun to talk to and fun to be around.
SJ: just weird and without direction. not what they admire. however, my desire to get along with people coincide with their notion of responsibility, so in that sense we can get along.
NF: we're 2 peas in a pot, enough said. we enjoy our similarities.
NT: we're different in a few respects but we can have some amazing conversations. all in all we get along great. these guys are usually my philosophy buddies, even more so than the NF's.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I joined this forum in the Spring and another MBTI group. I checked them both out and settled in with my own tribe. This one was daunting in its scope.

After comfortably settling in over there I began to be curious about this forum and came over to see the differences. A few times I had "overheard" conversations about how "prejudiced" the NTs here were of NFs. So I wondered how that worked here.

The first thread I started became a maze of questions which seemed to press an issue for me that caused me some confusion. I sensed that my NT conversants were expecting something from me but I wasn't clear on what it was. It started to feel like a game to me.

Later I read a comment by an NT which talked about defending one's self from others by throwing them into confusion and wondering if that person had felt defensive toward my posts and had deliberately tried to confuse the issue to gain a sense of balance.

Then I said, "Oh Anja, you're just being paranoid." Heh.

So, I'm wondering if the perception of the NFs is that they are considered annoying, insignificant, "something" in this forum.

I've seen scattered references here and there.

I've stumbled into a few conversations where the Tees are flexing their brain power and watched with amazement as the, usually civil, very high-powered arguments bounce around. And I laugh and think, "So this is what Tees do with their spare time."

Here's a funny:

This morning when I got up, my ISTJ husband met me at the bottom of the stairs, he took me into his arms. I smiled (here come all the warm fuzzies!) He gazed into my eyes and softly said, "The dishes are done."

See. I told you he loved me!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
This one was daunting in its scope.

Either I don't know what that means, or I totally disagree with you. :laugh:

So, I'm wondering if the perception of the NFs is that they are considered annoying, insignificant, "something" in this forum.

I can't speak for anyone else but me, but I certainly don't consider NFs any of that as a whole. Some individual NFs can certainly do some annoying things, though. ;)

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Either I don't know what that means, or I totally disagree with you. :laugh:

Since I wasn't coming here to only chat but to also observe the different types in action I thought to start with just INFPs. For me it seemed like taking a pretty big bite all at once to watch all the different types interact.

And it's a pretty big site. Lots of age and national difference as well.

Quite the interesting place. :hi:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
:doh:

Jeffster! You pulled my leg. Hee.

(Is that one of the perverted hobbies you enjoy?) :smile: