• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ni vs Ne Explained!

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The video works to give a basic visual model and motivations of the functions but it won't help as much in understanding the manifestation of thought process in real time. I imagine it's best to give an example of a simplified thought process of Ni and a simplified thought process of Ne to allow others to hold an idea of it's movement within mind. They will be able to expand upon its basic understanding.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Good vid for its length. Ne vs Ni is a topic that can go on forever.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I liked it. Seemed pretty accurate to me. I especially liked the way you incorporated the visual imagery of the Ne supernova and the Ni fixed point of gravity. WTG!

I also liked how you discussed how function order affects the way functions manifest. This is often overlooked I think.

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
The video works to give a basic visual model and motivations of the functions but it won't help as much in understanding the manifestation of thought process in real time. I imagine it's best to give an example of a simplified thought process of Ni and a simplified thought process of Ne to allow others to hold an idea of it's movement within mind. They will be able to expand upon its basic understanding.

Hm, so do you think giving more real life examples will fix that?

I liked it. Seemed pretty accurate to me. I especially liked the way you incorporated the visual imagery of the Ne supernova and the Ni fixed point of gravity. WTG!

I also liked how you discussed how function order affects the way functions manifest. This is often overlooked I think.

Thank ya!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I liked it too. I thought it was a good simple explanation.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hm, so do you think giving more real life examples will fix that?
Yes. I imagine what was done was you taught the theory quite well. You talked about how they appear, who uses them, the direction they function, the similarities, how the dom-users of both types like to manifest that upon reality and gave a good metaphor about the way they expand. But oftentimes there will be people who won't be able to pinpoint the right function within process of thought. It can still be a bit hazy. So someone may have firm knowledge of what Ni and Ne is, but not be able to see how it simulates it in mind. To affirm what they think is Ni and Ne by their own understanding, examples of a thought process are often good to give. It's simply a thought in teaching style I suppose. It's not too important.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Yes. I imagine what was done was you taught the theory quite well. You talked about how they appear, who uses them, the direction they function, the similarities, how the dom-users of both types like to manifest that upon reality and gave a good metaphor about the way they expand. But oftentimes there will be people who won't be able to pinpoint the right function within process of thought. It can still be a bit hazy. So someone may have firm knowledge of what Ni and Ne is, but not be able to see how it simulates it in mind. To affirm what they think is Ni and Ne by their own understanding, examples of a thought process are often good to give. It's simply a thought in teaching style I suppose. It's not too important.

I believe this is the problem ive been having, even though ive followed the theory for quite a long time now, each new piece of information presents a new avenue of possibilities, but the problem with this is that im fairly sure of what I know in terms of the cognitive functions and how they operate in relation to cognition, but I sometimes try to tie things to a specific set of...signs and then I falter in realising that it is better placed in a contextual sense.