• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type do you dislike the most?

The worst type

• Total voters

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's just an interaction style tho I think... You shouldn't take it to mean their feelings don't run deep tilty :)

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, you did not ask about least liked types just about the types that we have had the worst experiences with..... there is a big difference. Also, it's just a confirmation for your biases....it kind of seems like a loaded question.

Actually, you are right, I've already changed the thread title. What I really meant was the types you dislike the most.

I completely understand what you are talking about.

I find that frequently the things they are bombarding you with are not true. A lot of them (not all) seem to erupt verbally. At times, I don't know if they are just being direct or getting emotional. If you're patient in dealing with that, listen, don't get upset, stand your ground and focus on facts, it works out ok. When they do that in front of other people, I do get extremely annoyed and generally talk to them afterwards about it - need to have a unified front, consider the perceptions of others, or some other valid reason.

The getting emotional thing sometimes seems true to me either, but it's indeed a little hard to tell when. Anyway, I'm going to do just like you, talk with the one ESTJ I have based my reply, this really seems like a really good idea, and something I should do more. I will try to stop listen to their potentially harmful words as well.

Thank you.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would not be able to verify completely which MBTI type the people I have struggled the most to get along with, but I avoid people with too much certitude, who jump to conclusions and who are quick to judge and punish. People who focus on external image tend to underestimate me which is annoying. I hate competition based on external image over substance because it is irrational and tends to be just plain mean, so there is no justifying quality to it except for the winners. I feel badly naming the type, but I think it is people who tend towards ESTJ who do this (E and J are the main parts I'm sure of). They evaluate situations based on external information and forcefully promote their conclusions even when they are wrong. For some reason ESTPs have tended to view me in more opportunistic ways. They can see I'm more than I show, but their approach can be intimidating. What I think are some E--Js just disrespect me, insult me, and assume superiority. I had a professor who really hurt me who focused on external image, loved structured high church services, and who kept calling me an enigma because he saw me as someone who couldn't succeed, and yet I kept excelling. People with this mindset are the norm in society and they control so much, so I don't feel as sorry pointing it out because it's not like they are placed in any remotely vulnerable position over it. (edit: I should add that when this type does respect me, it tends to feel like pretty solid respect.)

I work with some I--Js who can be OCD about many things and are too controlling and critical of their students. Sometimes it upsets me what they say to their students, but they tend to like me and I'm able to calm them down so they can relax a little more and so we get along pretty well. I respect their attention to detail and desire to excel, and their introversion makes them less overwhelming to me somehow.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Any type is fine one-on-one, I watch and learn what makes them tick, I tinker with my interaction style and I learn. They become mildly fascinating and thus, less tedious. It is certain ideologies and emotional opinions of others that I find exhausting and try to avoid.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No votes for INTJs?

Lolz....

People are confused because there are two INTJ options on the poll. Otherwise there might be more votes. :D

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People are confused because there are two INTJ options on the poll. Otherwise there might be more votes. :D

I initially thought that was so people could vote INTJ twice, but alas, the poll doesn't allow multiple votes.

ps. I voted INTJ

A

Anew Leaf

No votes for INTJs?

Lolz....

Who could possibly vote for INTJ when there are men such as [MENTION=6071]Oakysage[/MENTION] and [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] to showcase how awesome they are?

:coffee:

R

Riva

Ah yes two options for INTJs.

Anyway, I would imagine with the reputation INTJs have if more people voted there would be more votes for the type. Infact they would come quite close to the ESTJs :laugh:.

But then again I have three close INTJ companions. Though arrogant they seem and tends to think everyone in the room is stupid they are the most helpful type I have ever met. They are always true to their word and shows sympathy to - (and helps if asked) - even the ones they dislike.

G

garbage

As for me, some controlling types have gotten under my skin, mostly because I like to be the one in control. :wink: The introverts can retain control by withholding information; extroverts by meddling--so I'm not sure who to pick.

Then again, flaky, non-committal, and scattered people can grate me, too. But at least I can choose more how I deal with them--which usually means not making plans with them, which usually leads to hanging out with them only when the moon and all of the planets align via sheer coincidence.
Most importantly, I wind up disliking those who can't hold a mutual, respectful conversation. "Mutual" means that both parties have some airtime and that both actually listen. Part of that frustration comes from my own tendency to think and then speak. I can hold conversations with constant interruptions back and forth, but they're often less meaningful.

Generally, I try to take people as they are--but there are some that I can get more out of (or that I get along with more on multiple levels) than others.

I feel badly naming the type,
Haha, this is my entire problem. Someone else can tie my assessments back into type if they want :wink:

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
shit, can i change my vote? i voted on the wrong one lol

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^and yah, i wanted to go for ESFJ but clicked on ENFJ lol poor ENFJs......sorry guys :D

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^and yah, i wanted to go for ESFJ but clicked on ENFJ lol poor ENFJs......sorry guys :D

I wanted to click ENFJ but clicked something else, so, if it makes you feel better, you can think of that as my vote :laugh:

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
wait wait wait wait...did you go for ESFJ?
and can you imagine us doing this at national elections? ahahahha
I wanted to click ENFJ but clicked something else, so, if it makes you feel better, you can think of that as my vote :laugh:

IceBlock

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would not be able to verify completely which MBTI type the people I have struggled the most to get along with, but I avoid people with too much certitude, who jump to conclusions and who are quick to judge and punish. People who focus on external image tend to underestimate me which is annoying. I hate competition based on external image over substance because it is irrational and tends to be just plain mean, so there is no justifying quality to it except for the winners. I feel badly naming the type, but I think it is people who tend towards ESTJ who do this (E and J are the main parts I'm sure of). They evaluate situations based on external information and forcefully promote their conclusions even when they are wrong. For some reason ESTPs have tended to view me in more opportunistic ways. They can see I'm more than I show, but their approach can be intimidating. What I think are some E--Js just disrespect me, insult me, and assume superiority. I had a professor who really hurt me who focused on external image, loved structured high church services, and who kept calling me an enigma because he saw me as someone who couldn't succeed, and yet I kept excelling. People with this mindset are the norm in society and they control so much, so I don't feel as sorry pointing it out because it's not like they are placed in any remotely vulnerable position over it. (edit: I should add that when this type does respect me, it tends to feel like pretty solid respect.)

I work with some I--Js who can be OCD about many things and are too controlling and critical of their students. Sometimes it upsets me what they say to their students, but they tend to like me and I'm able to calm them down so they can relax a little more and so we get along pretty well. I respect their attention to detail and desire to excel, and their introversion makes them less overwhelming to me somehow.
[

Great description, pictures the ExxJs tendency to show and apply their judgements to the world.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wait wait wait wait...did you go for ESFJ?
and can you imagine us doing this at national elections? ahahahha

actually, I accidently voted INFP because I misread the question :(
but even so, this way you can still say that you voted for ENFJ in my place and I can say that I voted for ENFJ (that said, ESFJs get on my nerves a lot too. it's really a tie between EFJs and ESTPs for me)

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL we are totally boycotting this poll....now we have to find a 3rd person to equilibrate this mess because i don't want to get your lousy INFP vote....i love INFPs!!

ps: to poster above elf boy.....fia?.....totally sympathy from my part, seriously. have a kiss. :)
actually, I accidently voted INFP because I misread the question :(
but even so, this way you can still say that you voted for ENFJ in my place and I can say that I voted for ENFJ (that said, ESFJs get on my nerves a lot too. it's really a tie between EFJs and ESTPs for me)

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
The title of this thread asks me which type I dislike the most, the poll asks me which type is the worst and the subject of discussion seems to be people, not types; it's slightly schizophrenic.
I dislike ESFJ, the worst type is possibly INFJ (the Mary Sue of typology) and the people that I actively dislike aren't simple enough to fit this model or are unaware of it, and are therefore exempt from it.