• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Personal MBTI Hierarchy

heart

heart on fire
I have, however, a slight prejudice against ISTJs. Both my mother and my step-mother are ISTJs, it's a complex family problem... Grmmmbll... :tongue10:

Stupid and childish, isn't it? :shock:

I think we all have our own versions of this. :blush:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ns and ISTP.

ESF_s are insufferable for me.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
List? Hmmm in some order

ENTP
INFP, INFJ
ENFJ
INTP, ISTP
ESTP, INTJ, ENFP
XSFP (? I barely interact with any), ISFJ
ENTJ, ISTJ
ESFJ, ESTJ

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
1. Any healthy type
x. Unhealthy Type

A good deal has been said about how the MBTI fails to measure the "Big Five" trait of Neuroticism, which encompasses such rejectable quirks as an overgrown temper, personal insecurity, and self pity. Nor does one's MBTI type say whether a person treats another human being with respect or not. This more than anything else, including type, is important to me in liking a person whether they're an ESFJ or an INTP. For records sake I will say this. I know very few Intuitive types and I've yet to meet enough people of each of the 16 types to draw a logical consensus and while ESTJs and ESFJs tend not to like me very much, I have met individual people of these types who were genually good people and other individuals who were a torture to deal with. However, by general grouping I get along best with the temperaments in this apparent order.

1. Rational
2. Artisan
3. Idealist
4. Guardian

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
ENTJ
ESTJ
INTJ
ISFP

My deepest awe and respect goes to the TJ's because they operate on levels that are incomprehensible to me. When I think of a TJ, William Blake's The Tiger comes to mind. As for the ISFP's, I've romanticized them because of their innate understanding of beauty and movement, subtlety and grace; I imagine being one is like being flowing water.

I'm going to have to go ahead and say that I hate all of them.

All of them have the potential to be asshats. Best to be indiscriminate here, I guess.

If I were to type my best friends, though, I'd guess that one is an INFP and the other is an ISFP, both female. Also, my brother, who I love to death, is either INTP or INFP (I still can't decide.)

Kudos for the pessimism! How about saying you love all types because each one has its special gifts, and potential to make the world more beautiful, instead.

ygolo

My termites win
My closest friends through various phases of my life have been these types:
1) INFP
2) ISTP
3) ENTP
4) INFJ
5) ISTJ

Though I can name a friend in my life of every type.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I enjoy my moments with ENTJ more than I enjoy my time with any other type, but I guess it's because it's always about accomplishing something. They usually have the perfect deal, one that I've been looking for, and I'm the missing ingredient, one that they've been looking for. I just absolutely love doing business with them.

I like the time spent with them socially, too, but I don't seek their company. They're a bit image conscious in their rest & relaxation in a way I am not.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Kudos for the pessimism! How about saying you love all types because each one has its special gifts, and potential to make the world more beautiful, instead.

I was going to do something along those lines but I figured that I was going to get flamed, even though that's closer to my actual philosophy. But, you know, I get pounced on for saying the opposite.

I can't win. C'est la vie.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. Any healthy type
x. Unhealthy Type

A good deal has been said about how the MBTI fails to measure the "Big Five" trait of Neuroticism, which encompasses such rejectable quirks as an overgrown temper, personal insecurity, and self pity. Nor does one's MBTI type say whether a person treats another human being with respect or not.
The Type Differentiation Indicator is an updated version of MBTI that adds the "Comfort/Discomfort" scale (And divided into subscales like the Step II) that roughly corresponds to Neuroticism.

Looking at the Interaction Styles, I would think "directiveness" (NJ/ST) would tend to be more higher in Discomfort. (Directing/Informin seems to correspond more to Agreebleness, though) Structure-orientation (SJ/NT) seems to be high Discomfort as well. And to a certain extent, introversion. All of those will deal with the quirks you mentioned.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I enjoy my moments with ENTJ more than I enjoy my time with any other type, but I guess it's because it's always about accomplishing something. They usually have the perfect deal, one that I've been looking for, and I'm the missing ingredient, one that they've been looking for. I just absolutely love doing business with them.

I like the time spent with them socially, too, but I don't seek their company. They're a bit image conscious in their rest & relaxation in a way I am not.

Exactly. I like ENTP's a lot because you always have something of value to say or do.

1. ENTP - when thinking about, planning and doing complex things.
2. ENFJ & ENFP - When having fun
3. INTP/ISTP & INFP - Deep conversations
4. INFJ - Talking about weird stuff just for the fun of it
5. ESFP - When you need somebody to smack in the head :D

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
So far, I've noticed a trend:

Three ENTPs posted their preferences, and they were the only ones not to include their type in their five favorites...

Lack of narcissism, or realism? :huh:

Check again. ;)

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
"Hell is other INTJs", knight? ;)

Ha...Economica I certainly am not.

No. I dislike the 'circle jerk' mentality that perpetuates the INTJ mythos - especially when said mythos wrongfully elevates the INTJ into a position of superiority.

The lowest of our ranks elevate us.

Ignore them.

heart

heart on fire
So far, I've noticed a trend:

Three ENTPs posted their preferences, and they were the only ones not to include their type in their five favorites...

Lack of narcissism, or realism? :huh:

The lack of narcissim is even more apparent when they pat themselves on the back for it. :D

JILebedev

1. INFJ/INFP
2. INTJ/INTP
3. Everyone else

The above represents my own subjective judgement and is therefore subject to change without any previous notice whatsoever.

Last edited:

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
The Type Differentiation Indicator is an updated version of MBTI that adds the "Comfort/Discomfort" scale (And divided into subscales like the Step II) that roughly corresponds to Neuroticism.

Looking at the Interaction Styles, I would think "directiveness" (NJ/ST) would tend to be more higher in Discomfort. (Directing/Informin seems to correspond more to Agreebleness, though) Structure-orientation (SJ/NT) seems to be high Discomfort as well. And to a certain extent, introversion. All of those will deal with the quirks you mentioned.

You'd be surprised. Though Judging habits would seem to correlate over with the typically neurotic Type A personality, "Big Five"-MBTI correlation studies have found little connection between Neuroticism and its associated traits. There is however a .11 association of Perceiving personalities in favor of Neuroticism though the association is very slight. The closer the number is to 1 the higher the correlation and since the said correlation is only .11 any connection between the two dichotomies is negligible. However, the updated system you presented is incredibly interesting. I had no idea that such changes had taken place in MBTI within the last few years and they seem to fix a lot of its old problems. Thanks for the heads up.