• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ti vs Te Explained!

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
Ti vs Te Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyx5xQfNPaA

Third video in my MBTI series! Hope you enjoy it, hope you learn something!

Let me know if I said anything you disagree with ;) Or if you liked it!

What characteristics of Te or Ti do you notice in yourself or others? Which do you prefer someone else having?

Other MBTI Videos:

Ni vs Ne Explained:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyx5xQfNPaA

Fi vs Fe Explained:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuTtRjqnXJo

Introversion vs Extraversion Explained:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXBFnqu8VxE

Last edited:

Auburn

MBTI Type
TiNe
I think you really are a Ti dominant, one of the few whose got their type correct. :) It's good to see you being proactive and channeling.

I also watched your other one about Fi/Fe. I wouldn't start getting into typing via smiles just yet though. It seems people all over typology communities are starting to notice certain things related to visual reading but they've got a ways to go. It takes a lot of research and a lot of people-watching to see it clearly.

There are several different groups presently in progress who are trying to crack the code of visual-reading.
I think you could learn a lot by teaming up with them and studying what they've found thus far, and expanding from that.

• intuitivetime.com
  • podlairproductions.com
  • physiognomy.me
  • socionics v.i.

To name a few.

deleted
I think xNTJs get a lot of drivel for not being theoretical types or thinkers. A large part of the difference you've learned about Te is that as logical Js we all get to the point and deliver, thus saying we've learned to shed most Ti 'thinking' to a more basic and immediate use. This portion is unfortunately more or less the stereotype of a worker or someone immersed fully in reality, more than it has to do with functional manifestation: a trait expounded by Keirsey made a shallo functional reinterpretation of thinking, to sound more true than it is. In my experience this definition of Te and Ti is the same thing merely used to divide goal-setters from theorists, like the difference between sensor and intuitive. It was called "directive" vs "informative" I believe. All aside from the fact that both Ti and Te types like to plan logically, the difference is a lot deeper than that. I would say for one xNTJs love constructing plans and ideas externally with terminology and organization applicable to general use, however this would be less faithful to IxTJs as their secondary mode, who are really immersed in the world of emerging personal impressions than they are organizing or analyzing. I defined Te more as efficient than productive. This however doesn't mean Te makes ready for immediate work or one is looking for a plan in real-time. Te is as much an abstract function for an abstract type, and the division of a personality into only external application doesn't work half of the time. We're only talking about Te and Ti.

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
I think you really are a Ti dominant, one of the few whose got their type correct. :) It's good to see you being proactive and channeling.
Thanks! I'm sure there are a lot of people who mistype themselves. What made you believe I really was Ti dominant as opposed to just thinking I was?

[MENTION=5375]polikujm[/MENTION]
Exactly what part of the video were you criticizing?

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm still not sure if I use Ti more or Te more, but thanks to your videos at least, I know that I seem to not use Fi.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=14757]Doctorjuice[/MENTION]

I should also mention that I am extremely entertained by the fact that you look like Steve from, "Blues Clues".

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm still not sure if I use Ti more or Te more, but thanks to your videos at least, I know that I seem to not use Fi.

It seems like you definitely use Ti.

I should also mention that I am extremely entertained by the fact that you look like Steve from, "Blues Clues".

I will take that as a compliment.

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
Why do I DEFINITELY use Ti? Also how do you know that I use it more than Fe?

Sorry, cut out the definitely, too strong a word, I said before that I was almost sure you use Fe, which entails you using Ti. If you use Fe then you'll also have Ti as one of your first four functions, and vice versa. Same with Te and Fi. So if you can identify one of your functions, you also know another one of your functions.

In all of the ENTPs I know, they use Ti more than Fe. I would bet that you use Ti more than Fe too. Some people say their auxiliary and tertiary functions battle it out, but in my experience this is not the case. Though maybe it is the case for some people out there, I don't know.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Sorry, cut out the definitely, too strong a word, I said before that I was almost sure you use Fe, which entails you using Ti. If you use Fe then you'll also have Ti as one of your first four functions, and vice versa. Same with Te and Fi. So if you can identify one of your functions, you also know another one of your functions.

In all of the ENTPs I know, they use Ti more than Fe. I would bet that you use Ti more than Fe too. Some people say their auxiliary and tertiary functions battle it out, but in my experience this is not the case. Though maybe it is the case for some people out there, I don't know.

Yeah, I know all about function order. I would pretty much swear though that my functions are Ne<Fe<Ti<Si. It really doesn't make much sense.

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, I know all about function order. I would pretty much swear though that my functions are Ne<Fe<Ti<Si. It really doesn't make much sense.

Well actually, at one point in my life I was using Si more than Ne. My function order looked something like this: Ti>Si and that was it because I was excluding pretty much every other function (mostly).

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Well actually, at one point in my life I was using Si more than Ne. My function order looked something like this: Ti>Si and that was it because I was excluding pretty much every other function (mostly).

What happened? Were you under stress?

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP
What happened? Were you under stress?

Nah, just kind of fell into a rut, not wanting to get out of my comfort zone. It was like I was in paralysis, not doing anything new. It was pretty awful. I got out of it in a couple months though and haven't looked back since.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Nah, just kind of fell into a rut, not wanting to get out of my comfort zone. It was like I was in paralysis, not doing anything new. It was pretty awful. I got out of it in a couple months though and haven't looked back since.

That exact same thing happened to me one time. Are you a type 6?

Doctorjuice

MBTI Type
INTP

Here are my results:

Type 3 - 8
Type 9 - 6.7
Type 4 - 6
Type 2 - 6
Type 8 - 5.3
Type 1 - 5
Type 5 - 4.7

Wing 3w2 - 11
Wing 3w4 - 11
Wing 2w3 - 10
Wing 4w3 - 10
Wing 9w8 - 9.4
Wing 9w1 - 9.2
Wing 8w9 - 8.7
Wing 2w1 - 8.5
Wing 4w5 - 8.4
Wing 1w9 - 8.4
Wing 1w2 - 8
Wing 5w4 - 7.7
Wing 8w7 - 7.2
Wing 5w6 - 6.2

Not too sure what it means, are you surprised? Are these types rare for INTPs?

And it says my wing is pretty balanced.

After reading type 3, it doesn't seem too far off for me. But I wouldn't say external validation is the driving center of my personality... I read the other types and they all seemed to have qualities of my personality as well, though 3 probably had the most qualities.

I'll continue to focus on the MBTI and not get off-track by focusing on enneagrams, but it was fun.