• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

type and visual pattern error recognition test

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
before going any further, read everything carefully and DONT view the test image spoiler before:

i draw an image that resembles this:
dECj8.jpg

except that its larger and there are 5 mistakes in it. im interested of knowing whether there are typological differences on the speed in which you find them(or if you are even able to find them).

as you can see all 4 sides of this sample image and on the test image are the same, except that they are mirrors of each other. the mistakes im talking about are irregularities on these different "mirroring" sides. now, the mistakes can be either only on 1 out of the 4 different sides of the image, or there might be the same mistake on both upper sides or both right sides(or left or down). if something is not perfectly centered, it doesent count as an mistake, mistakes that count are on the connections between lines.

if there is an irregularity on both left and right of upper side compared to left and right on down, this counts as ONE mistake, not two.
if there is an irregularity on one of the four sides, this is obviously 1 mistake, not 3.

here you can find an online stop watch if you dont have one near you
http://www.online-stopwatch.com/full-screen-stopwatch/

few seconds here or there doesent really matter, since i doubt that anyone will find them too fast, so start the clock before opening the image.

and here is the image you need to find the errors from:

report time it took you to find the errors(or time at where you gave up), type if not shown or if you show wrong type. if you are not 100% sure of your type, also name the types that you might be.

G

garbage

Here's my answer:

Some observations and context:
  • It took about a minute and 30 seconds to find all five--but it was in the middle of that time period that I thought to open a paint program so that I could keep track of the mistakes. I'll go ahead and count that entire time.
  • These are what I perceived to be mistakes, based upon the gist of your definition, and my goal was to find them as quickly as possible. I may have wound up pointing out some mistakes that weren't actually mistakes as a result--I haven't really double-checked my answer.
  • There are two circled areas joined by a line--I intend that to be pointing out one mistake.
  • "Spot the difference" puzzles make me want to stab myself, but I thought that I may as well try this one.
  • My search style wasn't "holistic"--it was more scanning the image and trying to find discrepancies.

My type depends on the system we're using and who you ask. If it helps, chalk me up as someone who has a decent enough grasp of Ne/Ti and has been typed ENTP at times--but, again, solving these puzzles isn't something that I particularly like to do. :wink:

plastic

MBTI Type
????
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Looked at the test image for 15 seconds and decided it wasn't worth my time.

Looked at the test image for 15 seconds and decided it wasn't worth my time.

Looked at the test image for three seconds and decided it wasn't worth my time. :solidarity:

Which it wasn't because I know I wouldn't have found any even if I'd tried, and I don't like trying things I know I'll fail at.

Auburn

MBTI Type
TiNe

I took maybe 15-20 minutes on and off, looking. I was multitasking but even if you cut out that time it's still be around 10 minutes, I think. Then I stopped and felt I was taking too long and decided to go with what I had.

I outlined the mistakes in blue, and the counterpart-line that it is dissimilar to in red.
The white and yellow pair was one I didn't notice until after I saw bologna's post above me. I added it in quickly before submitting. I would say there are eight line-pairs that are not identical.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

I took maybe 15-20 minutes on and off, looking. I was multitasking but even if you cut out that time it's still be around 10 minutes, I think. Then I stopped and felt I was taking too long and decided to go with what I had.

I outlined the mistakes in blue, and the counterpart-line that it is dissimilar to in red.
The white and yellow pair was one I didn't notice until after I saw bologna's post above me. I added it in quickly before submitting. I would say there are eight line-pairs that are not identical.

the yellow/white pair that you draw is not really a pair, but there is an mistake on the white line still.

i draw the real pair of the white on green here:

other image is the same, but rotated 180 degrees, you can see there why the yellow is not a pair to the white. when you rotate the picture 180 degrees, pairs appear in the same place than its opposite rotation. yellow/white lines gets wider when on one rotation, but tighter on another rotation, but with green and white, they stay in the same place, just the colors change places. same with other blue/red pairs, except that one jumps from up to down/left to right, since you marked only one opposites of it and the "mistake" only one of the four sides.

where do you see eight of those "mistakes" happening(according to the definition of mistake i gave at op)?

anyways, thanks for contributing. hopefully more people will contribute also, because you cant really draw any conclusion from two people

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Here's my answer:

Some observations and context:
  • It took about a minute and 30 seconds to find all five--but it was in the middle of that time period that I thought to open a paint program so that I could keep track of the mistakes. I'll go ahead and count that entire time.
  • These are what I perceived to be mistakes, based upon the gist of your definition, and my goal was to find them as quickly as possible. I may have wound up pointing out some mistakes that weren't actually mistakes as a result--I haven't really double-checked my answer.
  • There are two circled areas joined by a line--I intend that to be pointing out one mistake.
  • "Spot the difference" puzzles make me want to stab myself, but I thought that I may as well try this one.
  • My search style wasn't "holistic"--it was more scanning the image and trying to find discrepancies.

My type depends on the system we're using and who you ask. If it helps, chalk me up as someone who has a decent enough grasp of Ne/Ti and has been typed ENTP at times--but, again, solving these puzzles isn't something that I particularly like to do. :wink:

thanks for contributing

that was pretty fast, i kinda expected fastest times to be around that or bit slower.