• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mourning & Personality Type: how different types go trough it.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
are you still creating threads trying to tie everything to the MBTI and never actually participating by explaining who you are and WHY you keep asking these questions? :huh:

if so, welcome, if not, what is your motivation behind all of this? :thelook:

curiousel

are you still creating threads trying to tie everything to the MBTI and never actually participating by explaining who you are and WHY you keep asking these questions? :huh:

if so, welcome, if not, what is your motivation behind all of this? :thelook:

??? is just a question. Motivation for this question is self-explanatory. If you do not want to share your opinion on this, there are other topics that you might like, I guess.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
??? is just a question. Motivation for this question is self-explanatory. If you do not want to share your opinion on this, there are other topics that you might like, I guess.

the point is that you have 169 posts and 121 threads on this forum... almost all of your posts are OPs to threads... what is your motivation for trying to type everyone and trying to correspond everything to MBTI type? a 1.31 post to thread ratio puts you at the highest number of threads started to posts made ratio on the forum... and if you weren't aware, posting to thread starting is kind of like conversation, and the numbers indicate that you really don't care to participate in the conversation, only to mine data for SOME purpose from this site :thinking:

you've had thread after thread moved to the graveyard for this and you still haven't explained to us why you keep asking these questions but don't really participate... we've had something like this happen before with someone starting thread after thread to get answers for yahoo answers a few years ago and NOBODY was happy with being used, and that's kind of what it looks like with your continual thread starting, so could you answer why you keep asking these questions, or shall I assume that you're using this site? :huh:

curiousel

only to mine data for SOME purpose from this site :thinking:

you've had thread after thread moved to the graveyard for this and you still haven't explained to us why you keep asking these questions but don't really participate... we've had something like this happen before with someone starting thread after thread to get answers for yahoo answers a few years ago and NOBODY was happy with being used, and that's kind of what it looks like with your continual thread starting, so could you answer why you keep asking these questions, or shall I assume that you're using this site? :huh:

I have no idea what you are talking about. All this is in your imagination, I do not even have a yahoo account. By the way, the criteria for locking threads is nuts. I just saw one of my many legit posts, this one about Diane Arbus, locked and moved to the graveyard for no reason. All this censorship and intolerance makes me wonder if I should contribute again in this site that sometimes seems to lack any logical criteria or set of rules.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have no idea what you are talking about. All this is in your imagination, I do not even have a yahoo account. By the way, the criteria for locking threads is nuts. I just saw one of my many legit posts, this one about Diane Arbus, locked and moved to the graveyard for no reason. All this censorship and intolerance makes me wonder if I should contribute again in this site that sometimes seems to lack any logical criteria or set of rules.

I didn't say that you are Adam007, I was merely drawing a comparison, because your only interest in this site appears to be gathering information from it's members, which is similar to before... I'm not imagining anything, you're simply not reading carefully :tongue:

criteria is not nuts, starting threads but not participating in other people's threads really isn't contributing anything to the forum... it's rather egotistical to think of oneself as a contributor if all that's done is to post in one's own threads after all :) your threads seem to be locked because you have not once explained why you only post in your own threads, you mostly just post OPs and you have some odd compulsion to tie EVERYTHING to the MBTI... the madmins are being sensible around here if you look at the site as a whole as opposed to being an entity to serve your own questioning :yes:

curiousel

I didn't say that you are Adam007, I was merely drawing a comparison, because your only interest in this site appears to be gathering information from it's members, which is similar to before... I'm not imagining anything, you're simply not reading carefully :tongue:

criteria is not nuts, starting threads but not participating in other people's threads really isn't contributing anything to the forum... it's rather egotistical to think of oneself as a contributor if all that's done is to post in one's own threads after all :) your threads seem to be locked because you have not once explained why you only post in your own threads, you mostly just post OPs and you have some odd compulsion to tie EVERYTHING to the MBTI... the madmins are being sensible around here if you look at the site as a whole as opposed to being an entity to serve your own questioning :yes:

I contribute new people threads that are quite original, as well new worthy topics to discuss. I really do not see the need to explain, I have more questions than answers, that is all -and common among smart people.
It is a shame that many of my threads have been locked, some are really fresh.

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
If you want to start a proper conversation on this topic, I think you need to give a bit more to go on than "Any thoughts?". Explain where you're coming from, and what kind of answers you're looking for from members. Start with a personal anecdote maybe.

What facet of mourning are you interested in? Do you want to know how people react to the death of family or friends? Colleagues or acquaintances? Do you want to know how they deal with sudden death as opposed to an extended illness? The death of a young person versus an old person?

Thread needs more direction.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I contribute new people threads that are quite original, as well new worthy topics to discuss. I really do not see the need to explain, I have more questions than answers, that is all -and common among smart people.
It is a shame that many of my threads have been locked, some are really fresh.

a smart person would know that to ask such questions is pointless, as there is no actual definite way to even prove MBTI type, and even if there is correlation does not imply causation :shrug:

so it's ok for you to ask questions but not ok for me to do so? why don't you start a blog in which you can ask all of the "does this correlate to the MBTI?" and "what is this celebrity's type?" questions that you want and nobody can move them to the graveyard and lock them? has it occurred to you that if you want to take in a thread (get other's opinions) that you have to give a little in the OP as well? or at least run it through spellcheck?

I'd suggest a good read in survey research and statistical analysis before asking more of these correlative questions... you might learn something, o curious one :newwink:

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Look, the thing is you're asking people to reveal a very personal, private part of themselves. Mourning is one of the darkest things most people experience. You can't just expect people to give you their story if you're not willing to give a little of yourself first.

This is not adequate:
any input or experience?
functions and their impact on this?

curiousel

Look, the thing is you're asking people to reveal a very personal, private part of themselves. Mourning is one of the darkest things most people experience. You can't just expect people to give you their story if you're not willing to give a little of yourself first.

This is not adequate:

it can be someone else experience, not yours, if you are ashamed about it. I do not think it is a big deal, but whatever.

A

Anew Leaf

I agree with the sentiments in this thread.

I could shaRe many experiences but I don't see the point.

Many threads can start off with a "here is my story" and then the thread will naturally graduate to other people's stories if that is applicable and people with to share.

You're like the person who always asks for cookies but never makes any yourself.

GIVE US OREEOS!!!!!!1!1!1!!1!1!1!1

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
it can be someone else experience, not yours, if you are ashamed about it. I do not think it is a big deal, but whatever.

It's hardly shame, it's intimate. It's a very personal thing. If you want to hear other's thoughts about MBTI and grief, you must start by giving some of your own thoughts and opinions in addition to your own experience and how it relates to your type.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree with the sentiments in this thread.

I could shaRe many experiences but I don't see the point.

Many threads can start off with a "here is my story" and then the thread will naturally graduate to other people's stories if that is applicable and people with to share.

You're like the person who always asks for cookies but never makes any yourself.

GIVE US OREEOS!!!!!!1!1!1!!1!1!1!1

dammit... now I want cookies :doh:

but very true... you've got to give some to get some... nobody likes the kid who always says "gimme, gimme, gimme" but won't share :)

Frostshade

MBTI Type
IXXX
criteria is not nuts, starting threads but not participating in other people's threads really isn't contributing anything to the forum... it's rather egotistical to think of oneself as a contributor if all that's done is to post in one's own threads after all :)

*winces* I feel guilty now. I usually post threads to further my own understanding. Generally don't like socializing on forums, but people here seem to have a better understanding than me, and can explain the psychology of personality with greater flexibility than a wall of text on some site. I'll try to be more social from now on. But only in the superficial-talking-on-the-internet type of social.

G

Glycerine

People grieve in different ways. I think unless one is emotionally disturbed, the lack of reaction means that the person is internally processing it.