• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's Your Alignment?

What's your alignment?

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Did you ever post what you usually get, Zara?

I haven't taken any of the tests.

I've known my type for a long time now.

it's funny because I think, then, that good can be expressed in different ways.

I think that two people who are both genuinely good can be directly at odds with one another.

I don't really do good by vehemently opposing the system...

Hmm...

I think the implication is that I think I do good by vehemently opposing the system (not that you're saying that that represents the entirety of why I think I am good, but I think it was one of the implications [nor do I take offense to it])... I think that is one way in which I might try to do good, but I think I only do that when I think the system is working in opposition to the good. That's where I agree with what [MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION] said before: I think the system is supposed to promote the good, but sometimes it runs afoul of that mission. When it does, if it's something that irks me enough, I will oppose the system on those grounds. Good > Lawful. Hence, Neutral Good.

There are many other ways completely unrelated to system-opposition in which I aim for the good, though.

...I try more to empower people to live wherever they are regardless of the system...

When I read that, my mind kinda just goes blank.

(I wonder if THAT has anything to do with type.)

It certainly could.

Both enneagram and MBTI.

You seriously don't understand what he means by that? (Honest question.)

I think his analysis/conclusion is weak/poor/wrong.

I'm curious simply because the distinction in motivation is obvious to me. What exactly where you looking for him to say? (Another honest question.)

I'm not quite sure what you're asking/getting at...

I could have seen myself providing a very similar answer, and for me it conveys exactly what I think the difference is, no more context needed.

Once again, I... I just don't get what you're pointing to.

:huh:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh no... i'm having issues with the wizards test. Specifically (so far) this question...

Do you respect the leaders of your family?

Their words guide my actions
They're role models for me
They're often out of touch with my life
They're out of touch with reality

Theres no yes or no bit, i do respect them but they are out of touch with reality yet i feel if i answer that they are out of touch with reality it will score me as if i do not respect them.... I can't do this test, it's bothering me too much, ima try a different link

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A person's type is what matters.
I think this is an interesting case, but I think, in the end, it would merely be a sign of his delusion.
I think alignment is actually a measure of how people see themselves.
Self-righteousness accompanied by truth is just righteousness.
I think your alignment bias is influencing you way too much.

Anyways, I gotta study now. Laterz. :)

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think i'm in the right space for these tests, they are making me cross, i don't want to go with answers just because there is not an adequate option, i refuse...damn you tests!

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I think alignment is actually a measure of how people see themselves.

Well, yes, but if someone thinks they're an ESFP, but they're actually an INTP, then they're an INTP.

There is one's perception of one's type, and there's one's actual type.

The two need not be aligned, but they certainly can be.

I think your alignment bias is influencing you way too much.

Would the same criticism not apply to yourself?

All you're doing is denying that there's good.

I think that's a simplistic and incorrect belief.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
alignCN.JPG

Lol. They forgot to add this image to your collage.

moreau.jpg

I tend to get Chaotic Neutral or sometimes True Neutral, which isn't surprising, as that's my general understanding of how the world works. It's relevant in the sense that it accurately describes how I navigate said world. I don't think I'd take it in to consideration on a date. Though if they were Lawful I'd think, "pfft, I'll fix that."

Do you think you are a good person?

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
You are 47.2% Good.
You are 28.2% Lawful.
Alignment: Neutral Good

You do the best good that a person could be expected to do. You are devoted to helping others. You are willing to work with authority figures, but you do not feel any particular allegiance to them.
You are the stereotypical “Benefactor.” You believe in doing good without any particular bias for or against order.
Examples of charactersand people who fit into the same alignment as you include Mother Theresa, Ghandi, Gandalf, Indiana Jones, O-Bi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Harry Potter, Frodo Baggins, and the Dalai Lama.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I think there are people who find it cognitively imperative to behave in a way that they perceive as good, and that behavior positively benefits both themselves and their subjects.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got True Neutral and I think that's pretty accurate. I probably would take this into consideration when dating someone if it effects how we interact with each other in a negative way.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
My apologies, Jock, but it seems Nicodemus decided to speak your line in this Socratic dialogue...

I think there are people who find it cognitively imperative to behave in a way that they perceive as good, and that behavior positively benefits both themselves and their subjects.

First, do you believe that certain people feel this imperative to a greater (or lesser) degree than others? And, if so, what causes them to feel this imperative to a greater (or lesser) degree than others?

Second, do you believe that such behavior, when it positively benefits both themselves and others (presumably, at least sometimes, it would not), rightfully deserves to be called "good"?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Wait, are you saying that there are people that act good for their own benefit? Because if so, that's NOT why I am a "good" person.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
So are you saying that morality, which is innately subjective, shouldn't be based on logic and ethics?

I'm saying that morality is not necessarily innately subjective.

It is irrational to start with that as your premise, if you have not first proven it.

Did you watch those videos and/or read the book description?

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm saying that morality is not necessarily innately subjective.

Did you watch those videos and/or read the book description?

...No. I guess I should have done that before I replied.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chaotic Neutral bitches! :cool:
Chaotic Neutral

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal.

though I "good" leanings at time (I am protective of certain people, I care about people's freedom) but overall I am much more focused on myself