• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's Your Alignment?

What's your alignment?

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I think there's actually a lot of value to this system.

I know a thread like this has been made before, but there was no poll.
Also, if you don't mind, share why you think have the alignment you do, and how accurate of a descriptor you think it is.

Do you think it is more, less, or equally as relevant as the MBTI/Jungian typology or the Enneagram?

Would someone's alignment affect whether or not you see them as a viable partner?

Last edited:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i got true neutral, but i've gotten lots of different results before. never evil or lawful though.

Neutral good. I usually get neutral good on these tests, occasionally chaotic good when I'm in a "Stick it to the Man!!!" mood but it's not as accurate a description as neutral good is. I'm not a terrible person, I feel bad about hurting others and I'd rather do more good than harm. And I have no beef with the law unless it sucks.

Fun fact: Quiz Farm quiz had Neutral Evil ranked as my second most likely alignment.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got chaotic neutral this time.
A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn’t strive to protect others’ freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. The chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). The common phrase for chaotic neutral is "true chaotic." Remember that the chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it. Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal.
I almost always score either this or chaotic evil.

I think I may have gotten true neutral and neutral evil before, but I rarely, if ever, score a result on the lawful or good axises.

Edit:

Also, if you don't mind, share why you think have the alignment that you do, and how relevant of a descriptor you think it is.
Hmmm, laws tend to irritate me, I think that there are far too many of them and that many of them are stupid, which pushes me towards chaotic. And I tend to do whatever I feel like only considering what I think about my actions, descriptors such as good and evil are stupid in my opinion, especially considering how subjective they are most of the time, which pushes me towards neutral. I don't really know... I tend to score chaotic evil when I'm in a worse mood, since when my mood takes a turn for the worse I tend to become a bit of a sadist for whatever reason. And yeah, I really do think that this can be a pretty relevant descriptor of me.

Do you think it is more, less, or equally as relevant as the MBTI/Jungian typology or the Enneagram?
I don't think there is really a way to directly compare them, they both seek to describe behavior, but in different ways. Uhh, I don't really think any one excels compared to the others, MBTI, enneagram, and alignment all have gaps in what they can describe. Best just to use them all in conjunction!

Would you take this system into consideration when it comes to who you date?
In most situations, I doubt it. Unless for some reason I knew that they were lawful good, I just can't stand people of that alignment, they're boring, in my opinion of course. :D

[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] There you go. :)

My results from a different, more detailed test.

Last edited:

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chaotic Good:D
I'm pretty consistent. I'm not one for rules and regulations, but I have a conscience.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You are 25% Good. You are 15.4% Chaotic. Alignment: True Neutral You do whatever seems like a good idea at the time. You don't feel any strong inclination towards good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Some may say that you lack conviction, while others might admire you for your capability of remaining unbiased. You likely prefer good versus evil in society, since good people tend to make better neighbors and rulers, but you are not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. You are the stereotypical “Balancer.” You act in a way that is natural to you without prejudice or compulsion. Examples of charactersand people who fit into the same alignment as you include Linus Torvalds, Dr. Strangelove, Sco

That test was weird. Seriously, helping an earthworm!?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That was pretty good idea, Zara.
Mine is Chaotic Neutral. I guess I value flexibility and freedom more than a moral code that is ultimately a historical / sociological construction. Plus, being good or evil is too much work. :laugh:

Probably not as relevant because, to a great extent, it measures how people see themselves, and not how they really are. I mean, I think Hitler could have been a Lawful Good. Just not the kind of ''good'' we would expect, uh?
But I find it very intriguing.

Would you take this system into consideration when it comes to whom you date?
Hmm, I probably wouldn't want to date a lawful good or evil anything. I hope this doesn't not contradict the previous answer too much. :ninja:

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
[MENTION=15004]mia_infp[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5639]JocktheMotie[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=7991]chana[/MENTION]
[MENTION=13147]senza_tema[/MENTION]
[MENTION=14786]Tyrinth[/MENTION]
[MENTION=5388]CrystalViolet[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15315]UniqueMixture[/MENTION]

added some questions to the bottom of the op that i'd be interested to see your answers to...

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, if you don't mind, share why you think have the alignment that you do, and how relevant of a descriptor you think it is.

I dunno, I think this test is not going to be taken as seriously and will be more impacted by mood than mbti (if the person themself elects to take the test). I've scored all the chaotics at some point (usually good). This is my first time getting true neutral.

Probably less because I think most people will see D&D and not take it seriously.

I think that'd be going a little too far to me. I try NOT to take mbti/enneagram into consideration when dating. To me, it leads to not paying attention to the person in front of you and discovering who they are. Probably would avoid a evil or strong lawful though.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Damn, homie, you need to learn to quote.

I see why you always get chaotic. :p

Zarathustra said:
I dunno, I think this test is not going to be taken as seriously and will be more impacted by mood than mbti (if the person themself elects to take the test).

You don't think someone has a "true type" for this?

I don't really care what someone scores on any test; I care about what they actually are.

I've scored all the chaotics at some point (usually good). This is my first time getting true neutral.

Aww, that answers the other question I had for you.

Zarathustra said:
Probably less because I think most people will see D&D and not take it seriously.

Other peoples' opinions matter?

Especially when they have that as their rationale?

When I first discovered this system, I had no idea it had anything to do with D&D.

Tbh, I've known about it for a long time, and until today, had no idea it originated from D&D.

Zarathustra said:
I think that'd be going a little too far to me. I try NOT to take mbti/enneagram into consideration when dating. To me, it leads to not paying attention to the person in front of you and discovering who they are.

I can understand that.

My position is to try to understand the person, with MBTI, enneagram, and any other system providing insights into who they might be.

Probably would avoid a evil or strong lawful though.

:laugh:

So you wouldn't but you would?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm somewhere between Chaotic Good and Chaotic Neutral.

I will admit this sounds a bit like me, lol.

Chaotic Neutral characters do whatever the hell they like and damn the consequences (unless they're too noble or hurtful, watch out for that part!). Some say they're the ultimate free spirits, others that they're just crazy. Either way, there's no telling what they'll decide to do next - their main, and often only, concern is their own freedom. Whose side are they on? It's doubted that they even know themselves. Nobody else does. In some ways their inherent uncertainty makes them an unknown quantity to deal with most times so they border on Jerkass in terms of their self-centered perception of the world, though they usually do have some redeeming features. Chaotic Neutrals detest the self righteous and believe in power to the individual. These characters are also useful in any story that involves something that isn't damnably black and white in the outcomes.

The Chaotic Neutral character may have a kind enough heart and even help out others sometimes, but they do not feel committed to helping others as they are random, and sometimes they are nothing but an amoral nutjob, not consciously thinking about the consequences of their actions. Occasionally, if a character runs the entire gamut of alignments with their actions (inevitably failing at Good), they can be classed as Chaotic Neutral on average, or perhaps True Neutral (or Lawful Neutral).

Chaotic Neutral is both an easy and difficult alignment to play as. Easy, because its chaos and neutrality allows a player to do what they please, and hard because you really have to be careful about not annoying people when you can do whatever you want. Many players of Chaotic Neutral also have a tendency to end up in Good groups, playing Chaotic Good characters and doing things that are generally good, not just selfish.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
like i said, my results have varied a lot based on my mood when i've taken the test. i took the second link, and i found a lot of the questions difficult to answer because they were about problems that are very far from my daily concerns, like spying for my country or poisoning the ruler. i have no real emotional ties or basis in reality for those kinds of situation, so those maybe swayed me more towards neutral than i should be. but i don't know if "good" would be the right descriptor either because it's not like i go out of my way to help others that much. basically how i see true neutral, is that i do what feels right at the time and that varies a lot. i have been in lots of situations where i didn't agree morally with what was happening or being said, and i didn't speak up or do anything about it because i didn't feel that it was worth it, or that it was none of my business or that it wouldn't change anything so what's the point.

i like mbti and enneagram better, because i think they go into more detail and they're more unbiased. there are too many negative connotations in this system. lawful=square, chaotic=criminal, neutral=lacks conviction, evil=well..evil. it just doesn't give me any insight into myself or other people. as far as dating, i can't see it coming into consideration besides not wanting to be with someone who was lawful or evil, but i didn't need to know about this to tell me that.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Neutral/Good

I took the 3rd of the 4 links cuz it was da shortest lol

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sorry, I just voted. :D

I edited my original post to add the questions by the way.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION]

1 lol :D

B I think people have "loose tendencies." I'm generally pretty chaotic (in this system lol) but I feel I fluctuate a lot between neutral and good to some extent between neutral and chaotic. I used to be your typical lawful good paladin but an evil dragon named shit happens destroyed my village and in the chaos things changed.

3 skip

D It says it on the test. I'm saying people will A probably not actively relate to it as much and B I would see most of the girls I've dated go "wtf you want me to take some test to 'figure out who I am?' Are you a weirdo?" :D

5 whatever floats your boat

F If my date is knocking over grannies to get to the front of the line then I can't take them as a serious love interest :D

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got True Neutral.

Interesting.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just edited the previous post to include answers.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would like to think I am some kind of good, but if I'm honest, I'm not. The most important thing to me is not Good, it's Freedom. Chaotic Neutral describes me very well. You may not realize it, because it suits me to be good most of the time. But I won't hesitate to break bad if I feel like it and the unexpectedness of it packs a wallop -- not so much that it was done, but that I did it, can really throw other people for a loop who have come to think of me as Good Old Tilty. I have come to realize too that I bend and break rules as necessary to achieve my aims -- I see them as branches in my path that must be cut down and cleared by whatever means necessary -- I don't have much relation to them in a moral sense. I feel my own internal compass keenly and it seems reasonable to me, but it does not seem reasonable to outsiders always.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Neutral/Good is the best because it always seeks to do what is right regardless of the rigid rules regulated by the law. If you ask me that is the ultimate combination for freedom, the principle [MENTION=5723]Tiltyred[/MENTION] was telling us about.

G

garbage

Huh, I haven't thought so much about this one. Thanks for the links!

On the Quizfarm deal, I tied between Neutral Good and Lawful Evil (for some reason!); tiebreaker question placed me in Neutral Good. The PSU test placed me in Neutral Good, too.

Neutral Good is a pretty good fit; "doing the right thing" and having a positive impact is important to me, but accomplished by most any means necessary. If that means imposing more or better structure, great; if it means tearing it down, also fine. I tend to not care about the existing structure so much; I go with it if it's not objectionable, but I'll definitely question or even work to replace it if it is. "Obeying the law" isn't in and of itself in my set of values, but I'm not an anarchist, either.

At first glance, I can see where the Lawful/Chaotic axis is a valid, neat, and simple descriptor. But my own studies on good, evil, morality, and ethics have kind of tainted my views of good and evil, and it would be difficult for me to give that axis a fat ton of merit.

Still, I wouldn't want much to do with someone who goes out of their way to harm other people. I'd also go for a Neutral or even a Chaotic person over a Lawful; leaving stuff unquestioned when it ought to be questioned irks me.