• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thinking in words

Nocturnality

MBTI Type
INTP
Which MBTI function am I using while I think in words? For example:
Putting words internally on things before you say it as in not trying to find the right words to describe something but just thinking in words

Another example:
When a song gets stuck in your head

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
hmm, what should i say to this.. i guess ill just say that this whole post was something i said on my head while writing it, or actually write/think, no write/think isnt the correct way hmm.. or actually it is :D correction, write while thinking it, no hmm i dunno writing while thinking slows my thinking too much to write anything or to think how i should write and think lol

and now to the non writing while thinking in words mode(even tho that sentence was written while thinking in words :D). i have thought about this before and my INFP friend said that he thinks in words, INTJ friend doesent, i obviously do. i actually made a topic about this some time ago

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Probably no function in isolation, but Ti is associated with discernment and specific meaning of word choice.

I primarily think in images. :shrug:

redacted

I think it's technically intuition since it's attaching metaphors (words) to ideas.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Joehobo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I use a mixture, but mostly words.
It never seems to really translate that well when I go vocal though.
I just slur and mumble or completely lose track of what I was actually saying in my head.