• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Chuck Norrris isn't a sensor, he is obviously an intuitive.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Bruce Lee is obviously intuitive, but Chuck Norris? Chuck Norris seems a lot like an ISTP. Bruce Lee could be an IxTP, but he could equally as well be an INxJ.

Let me present the evidence for Bruce Lee:

Emptiness the starting point. — In order to taste my cup of water you must first empty your cup. My friend, drop all your preconceived and fixed ideas and be neutral. Do you know why this cup is useful? Because it is empty.
p. 2
Life is wide, limitless. There is no border, no frontier.
p 2
Life lives; and in the living flow, no questions are raised. The reason is that life is a living now! So, in order to live life whole-heartedly, the answer is life simply is.
p. 3
The meaning of life is that it is to be lived, and it is not to be traded and conceptualized and squeezed into a pattern of systems.
p. 3
The aphorism "as a man thinketh in his heart so is he" contains the secret of life.
p. 4; Lee here quotes Proverbs 23:7 "As he thinketh in his heart, so is he."
Meaning is found in relationship. — Meaning is the relationship of the foreground figure to the background.
p. 4
Life is never stagnation. It is constant movement, unrhythmic movement, as we as constant change. Things live by moving and gain strength as they go.
p. 5
Life itself is your teacher, and you are in a state of constant learning.
p. 5
The primary reality is not what I think, but that I live, for those also live who do not think.
p. 7
The timeless moment. — The "moment" has no yesterday or tomorrow. It is not the result of thought and therefore has no time.
p. 9
Knowledge, surely, is always of time, whereas knowing is not of time. Knowledge is from a source, from accumulation, from conclusion, while knowing is a movement.
P. 9
To realize freedom the mind has to learn to look at life, which is a vast movement, without the bondage of time, for freedom lies beyond the field of consciousness — care for watching, but don't stop and interpret "I am free," then you're living in a memory of something that has gone before.
p. 9
To spend time is to pass it in a specified manner. To waste time is to expend it thoughtlessly or carelessly. We all have time to spend or waste, and it is our decision what to do with it. But once passed, it is gone forever.
p. 10
Time means a lot to me because, you see, i, too, am also a learner and am often lost in the joy of forever developing and simplifying. If you love life, don't waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
p. 10; Here Lee paraphrases a much older English proverb: If you care for life, don't waste your time; for time is what life is made of. (as quoted in Bordighera and the Western Riviera (1883) by Frederick Fitzroy Hamilton, p. 189).
Be aware of doing your best to understand the ROOT in life, and realize the DIRECT and the INDIRECT are in fact a complementary WHOLE. It is to see things as they are and not to become attached to anything — to be unconscious meant to be be innocent of the working of a relative (empirical) mind — where there is no abiding of though anywhere on anything — this is being unbound. This not abiding anywhere is the root of our life.
p. 11
Concentration is the ROOT of all the higher abilities in man.
p. 11
Seek to understand the root. — It is futile to argue as to which single leaf, which design of branch, or which attractive flower you like; when you understand the root, you understand all its blossoming.
p. 11
What we are after is the ROOT and not the branches. The root is the real knowledge; the branches are surface knowledge. Real knowledge breeds "body feel" and personal expression; surface knowledge breeds mechanical conditioning and imposing limitation and squelches creativity.
p. 11
Part II : On Being Human

Flow in the living moment. — We are always in a process of becoming and NOTHING is fixed. Have no rigid system in you, and you'll be flexible to change with the ever changing. OPEN yourself and flow, my friend. Flow in the TOTAL OPENNESS OF THE LIVING MOMENT. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Moving, be like water. Still, be like a mirror. Respond like an echo.
p. 13; Unsourced variant: Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.
You cannot force the Now. — But can you neither condemn nor justify and yet be extraordinarily alive as you walk on? You can never invite the wind, but you must leave the window open.
p. 13
The Moment is freedom. — I couldn't live by a rigid schedule. I try to live freely from moment to moment, letting things happen and adjusting to them.
p. 13
The Now is indivisible. — Completeness, the now, is an absence of the conscious mind to strive to divide that which is indivisible. For once the completeness of things is taken apart it is no longer complete.
p. 15
The Western approach to reality is mostly through theory, and theory begins by denying reality — to talk about reality, to go around reality, to catch anything that attracts our sense-intellect and abstract it away from reality itself. Thus philosophy begins by saying that the outside world is not a basic fact, that its existence can be doubted and that every proposition in which the reality of the outside world is affirmed is not an evident proposition but one that needs to be divided, dissected and analyzed. It is to stand consciously aside and try to square a circle.
p. 15 - 16
In Science we have finally come back to the pre-Socratic philosopher Heraclitus, who said everything is flow, flux, process. There are no "things." NOTHINGNESS in Eastern language is "no-thingness." We in the West think of nothingness as a void, an emptiness, an nonexistence. In Eastern philosophy and modern physical science, nothingness — no-thingness — is a form of process, ever moving.
p. 16
What IS is more important than WHAT SHOULD BE. To many people are looking at "what is" from a position of thinking "what should be."
p. 16
Conditioning obstructs our view of reality. — We do not see IT in its suchness because of our indoctrination, crooked and twisted.
p. 19
True thusness is without defiling thought; it cannot be known through conception and thought.
Reality is apparent when one ceases to compare. — There is "what is" only when there is no comparison at all, and to live with what is, is to be peaceful.
p. 19
Reality is being itself. — It is being itself, in becoming itself. Reality in its isness, the "isness" of a thing. Thus isness is the meaning — having freedom in its primary sense — not limited by attachments, confinements, partialization, complexities.
p. 19
A self-willed man obeys a different law, the one law I, too, hold absolutely sacred — the human law in himself, his own individual will.
p. 19
One should be in harmony with, not in opposition to, the strength and force of the opposition. This means that one should do nothing that is not natural or spontaneous; the important thing is not to strain in any way.
p. 20
The dualistic philosophy reigned supreme in Europe, dominating the development of Western science. But with the advent of atomic physics, findings based on demonstrable experiment were seen to negate the dualistic theory, and the trend of thought since then has been back to the monistic conception of the ancient Taoists.
p.. 21
If thought exists, I who think and the world about which I think also exist; the one exists but for the other, having no possible separation between them. Therefore, the world and I are both in active correlation; I am that which sees the world, and the world is that which is seen by me. I exist for the world and the world exists for me. ... One sure and primary and fundamental fact is the joint existence of a subject and of its world. The one does not exist without the other. I acquire no understanding of myself except as I take account of objects, of the surroundings. I do not think unless I think of things — and there I find myself.
p. 21
When we hold to the core, the opposite sides are the same if they are seen from the center of the moving circle. I do not experience; I am experience. I am not the subject of experience; I am that experience. I am awareness. Nothing else can be I or can exist.
p. 22
Taoist philosophy ... is essentially monistic. ... Matter and energy, Yang and Yin, heaven and earth, are conceived of as essentially one or as two coexistent poles of one indivisible whole.
p. 23
Voidness is that which stands right in the middle between this and that. The void is all-inclusive; having no opposite, there is nothing which it excludes or opposes. The all illuminating light shines and is beyond the movement of the opposites.
p. 23
Like everyone else you want to learn the way to win. But never to accept the way to lose. To accept defeat — to learn to die — is to be liberated from it. Once you accept, you are free to flow and to harmonize. Fluidity is the way to an empty mind. You must free your ambitious mind and learn the art of dying.
p. 25; Variant: Like everyone else you want to learn the way to win, but never to accept the way to lose — to accept defeat. To learn to die is to be liberated from it. So when tomorrow comes you must free your ambitious mind and learn the art of dying!
As quoted in Bruce Lee: A Warrior's Journey (2000)
Part III : On Matters of Existence

True thusness is the substance of thought, and thought is the function of true thusness. There is no thought except that of true thusness. Thusness does not move, but its motion and function are inexhaustible.
p. 42
Liberate yourself from concepts and see the truth with your own eyes. — It exists HERE and NOW; it requires only one thing to see it: openness, freedom — the freedom to be open and not tethered by any ideas, concepts, etc. ... When our mind is tranquil, there will be an occasional pause to its feverish activities, there will be a let-go, and it is only then in the interval between two thoughts that a flash of UNDERSTANDING — understanding, which is not thought — can take place.
p. 43
Balance your thoughts with action. — If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you'll never get it done.
p. 43
Part IV : On Achievement

Concepts vs. self-actualization. — Instead of dedicating your life to actualize a concept of what you should be like, ACTUALIZE YOURSELF. The process of maturing does not mean to become a captive of conceptualization. It is to come to the realization of what lies in our innermost selves.
p. 44
Life is better lived than conceptualized. — This writing can be less demanding should I allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation. Fortunately for me, my self-knowledge has transcended that and I've come to understand that life is best to be lived — not to be conceptualized. If you have to think, you still do not understand.
p. 45
Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.
p. 46
Part VIII : On Ultimate (Final) Principles

What you HABITUALLY THINK largely determines what you will ultimately become.
p. 120; This probably derives from a Rosicrucian proverb, "As you think, so shall you become", which is itself probably derived from Proverbs 23:7 "As he thinketh in his heart, so is he."
Know the difference between a catastrophe and an inconvenience. — To realize that it's just an inconvenience, that it is not a catastrophe, but just an unpleasantness, is part of coming into your own, part of waking up.
p. 120
The change is from inner to outer. — We start by dissolving our attitude not by altering outer conditions.
p. 120
Choose the positive. — You have choice — you are master of your attitude — choose the POSITIVE, the CONSTRUCTIVE. Optimism is a faith that leads to success.
p. 120
Cease negative mental chattering. — If you think a thing is impossible, you'll make it impossible. Pessimism blunts the tools you need to succeed.
p. 121
A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
p. 121; this likely derives from the observation of Joseph Joubert: The goal is not always meant to be reached, but to serve as a mark for our aim.
As translated by Katharine Lyttelton, in Joubert : A Selection from His Thoughts (1899)
Don't fear failure. — Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Bruce_Lee

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I'm way too lazy to read all of that and I think Chuck Norris might be INTJ

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't read a lot of it either, but some super-intelligent MBTI analysts who want to nit-pick and hair-split might read the whole thing, but for all I know, it could be taken down for copyright!

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
I didn't read a lot of it either, but some super-intelligent MBTI analysts who want to nit-pick and hair-split might read the whole thing, but for all I know, it could be taken down for copyright!

I'll read it on another day when I wasn't just studying for finals all day and don't just feel like relaxing.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I recognize many of those statements as Taoism, a philosophy which also deeply appeals to me.

Many of those statements could easily be taken as Se rejecting Ni, but he clearly has enough Ni that he gravitates toward the very things he discusses.

I would say he's an ISTP.

A Ti dom could be a shy, unathletic child. There's no law that says all Se types leap from the womb playing football, baseball...though I myself was singing and dancing on top of the coffee table at 3.

INTJ doesn't seem likely to me, I don't see the argument for it. He would reject Se more, he certainly wouldn't be fond of an Eastern philosophy that eschews over-rationality, and states that theory interferes with reality.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Chuck Norris transcends typing.... a new type had to be created for him only known as NORRIS, and those who complained about that being 5 letters were never seen again.

I don't really know anything about him :laugh: but he does seem to have at least a bit of the more "no-nonsense" style that's common for Ss.

Bruce Lee could still be an S... he has that Se/Ni philosophizing style.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dunno, Chuck Norris gives off ISFJ vibes (maybe INFJ as a much more distant possibility), both the real person and the roles he tends to play. And I'm not just saying that just because he's a born-again either.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm way too lazy to read all of that and I think Chuck Norris might be INTJ

When i read the topic, i was thinking, well maybe he could possibly he INTJ rather than ISTP. They both share Se and Ni and what norris is doing, may be Se heavy stuff, but INTJs has it too and they are able to not suck in it if they learn.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
When i read the topic, i was thinking, well maybe he could possibly he INTJ rather than ISTP. They both share Se and Ni and what norris is doing, may be Se heavy stuff, but INTJs has it too and they are able to not suck in it if they learn.

That's actually the exact type I was thinking of is INTJ

A

Anew Leaf

Rule 1: if someone is talented, awesome, or admirable, then they are an N.

/forum

:cookie:

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bruce Lee: ISTP 8w7 So/Sx.
Chuck Norris: ISTJ 6w5 So/Sp.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have observed that the OP has diagnosed people as intuitive way too often as he thinks if they show the slightest glimmer of insight than they clearly cannot be one of those retarted sensors which is an actuality a horrendous stereotype as the most stable and successful people in this world tend to be sensors and especially in the artistic fields like sports or acting.

deleted
No, actually, intuitive types aren't as uncommon as they're made out to be by MBTI enthusiasts, especially when they poll tests asking how realistic people are, we're not surprised they say Ss are incredibly common among the percentages, even though they're measured by a stereotype that doesn't describe intuition that fluently. Not to mention just calling Ns theoretical, we continue to have this bias that we're rare and unlike others even though everyone else says the same about themselves.

However Chuck Norris I believe is more of an S than an N.