• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mirroring types.

Do you think that a romantic relationship between mirroring types would work?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mooseantlers

Knobgoblin
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Do you think a romantic relationship between two people of the same type can work out?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
yes ofc, however, i doubt that it would be satisfying in the long run for most people, but neither of us are the most people, so you might be happy with another person with same type.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think a relationship between any two types can work. Personally, I'd prefer someone of a different type. Otherwise it's like the blind leading the blind and there isn't much room for growth because your weaknesses are more than likely the same. I guess a relationship with someone of the same type would produce less conflict, which is a plus. You are on the same wavelength about many things with similar thought processes but at the same type, there's less spark. So I see someone of the same type as good friend material but maybe not as good for a long-term romantic relationship.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Variety is the spicy of the life: if you want to date the same type, thats called being single.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Actually, I think there could be "room for growth" because of the fact that you both know what things to focus on for self-improvement, and will be hyper-focused by doubling up on them. It just may be more difficult to star that process / identify those black marks.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From what I have noticed, Melancholies (particularly ISTJ) seem to be very good for each other. They may fight and argue, like any other people, and past hurts and abuse might split them apart, but if they are able to stay together, their common temperament needs and cognitive perspective really click.
They don't need much attention from others, and don't impose themselves much, as may cause other types (even the same types) to clash.

(Oh, wow; maybe [MENTION=4883]Cimarron[/MENTION] can testify, if he's ever had a relationship with another ISTJ).

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think a relationship between any two types can work. Personally, I'd prefer someone of a different type. Otherwise it's like the blind leading the blind and there isn't much room for growth because your weaknesses are more than likely the same. I guess a relationship with someone of the same type would produce less conflict, which is a plus. You are on the same wavelength about many things with similar thought processes but at the same type, there's less spark. So I see someone of the same type as good friend material but maybe not as good for a long-term romantic relationship.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about it. Of course it can work, it just depends on the people. For me, someone that's almost my exact opposite complements me well. However, I've dated another ISFP in the past and it wasn't a bad relationship. It was just...kind...of...bland... We were both afraid of hurting the other one's feelings and it resulted in a serious lack of a spark. For two other ISFPs, that might have been the perfect relationship, but I need a good debate every now and then... And my INTJ provides me with that. :smile:

G

garbage

Yes, similar people can be in a relationship. Just commit yourselves to personal growth. Try these helpful tips:

• If you're both conflict-avoidant, stop being conflict-avoidant.
  • If you're both unable to manage finances, stop being unable to manage finances.
  • If you're both pricks to one another because you're too direct, stop being pricks to one another because you're too direct.
  • If neither of you can make a commitment past tomorrow, stop not . .. being able to make commitments past tomorrow.
And so on.

There. Problem solved, forever. *dusts hands*

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i think my ex was an enfp but there was so much difference that i can't be certain...either that or just every one is so fucking different that it just really doesn't matter.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Sure. Any relationship takes work. Of course, a pair of mirroring types would take a little work because I imagine they'd mirror and amplify similar flaws, but that's no reason to say that it's impossible.

G

Glycerine

Yes. However, I can only handle other Fe doms in small doses. I kind of feel smothered by other Fe doms I have met when we all have different visions and value sets.