• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Angelina Bennet's 'The Shadows of Type'

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
In light of the success of [MENTION=8074]Seymour[/MENTION]'s thread in bringing to the forum knowledge of a worthwhile Jung/MBTI-based book that recently came out, I figured I would start this thread for a book I just came across -- literally just saw it, haven't read it yet -- that seems really, really good. At this point, reading a lot of the basic MBTI books seems pretty useless to me, but certain more targeted/specialized books seem like they could still be worth the time. I'm very interested in how Jungian typology/MBTI can be used specifically in the realm of personal development/self-improvement, and have been developing my own ideas in this area; frankly, though, reading the description of this book, it seems like the author probably already covered a lot of the ground I've been working on myself. Along with Nardi's book, this is the first one I've come across in a good while that actually seemed worth the purchase.

It came out in May 2010, has two reviews (both 5 stars) on Amazon, and the reviewers' comments seem pretty superlative:

5 stars - This author has taken the meat of all the BEST books out there on MBTI and type and put them into one jam packed little purple book - November 6, 2010

She doesn't skimp on anything. If your sick of reading about MBTI and type as it should exist in the "Perfect Fantasy World of Human Interaction" and would really love to learn how type works in the real world, YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK. I feel like I have finally found the book that I wanted to read when I started out learning about this stuff, and it is just as good now that I know a lot about MBTI and Typology. Buy the book. You won't be sorry. It doesn't matter if your a beginner or an old pro. It is really awesome how this author has put this book together. I feel like I can't get across my excitement for stumbling across this book. It's that good. lol, buy it.

5 stars - fascinating look at the interesection of developmental stages and mbti types - November 1, 2010

if you are interested in both developmental stages (Torbert and Rooke, Wilber, Kegan, Graves, etc) AND MBTI, then this is a book you want to check out. The author has done a credible job of laying out a map of how "type" would manifest itself at the various stages. The clients i work with who are familiar with both constructs find the idea very stimulating, and the descriptions accurate. Not sure if you would find it useful if you do not use both frameworks, but with at least one it still might be worth a read.

Anyway, here's the link to the book: The Shadows of Type by Angelina Bennet.

You can also buy it from the publisher (cheaper, too) here.

Anybody else come across this one?

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Looks interesting (glossed through as many pages as I could in the "see inside" feature). Might have even pushed to get it if I didn't just get the Nardi neuroscience book today.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I haven't heard of this one until now and I own alot of MBTI books. I couldn't resist ordering it.

pmj85

I've had the pleasure of working closely with Angelina, and she's basically the fucking bomb. Really knows her stuff. Endlessly patient, very generous nature. She has taught me more about type in a few short weeks than I'd managed to learn by myself over the course of a few years. It's amazing how many things I had arse-backwards.

It goes without saying that I heartily recommend the book.