• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

?uestion of You

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am currently reading Neil Gaiman's American Gods, listening to music
and searching the forums for food for thought
simultaneously

can this be ascribed a function ?
a type ?
or a simple independent skill ?

Last edited:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
It depends... are you doing them all simultaneously, or one at a time?

It sounds roughly INxx, though. The book sounds vaguely metaphorical in nature, listening to music to find meaning is fairly NF, and posting on forums is probably N.

INxx, leaning towards F. But as for your function, I can't tell if it's Ne or Ni motivation.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It depends... are you doing them all simultaneously, or one at a time?

It sounds roughly INxx, though. The book sounds vaguely metaphorical in nature, listening to music to find meaning is fairly NF, and posting on forums is probably N.

INxx, leaning towards F. But as for your function, I can't tell if it's Ne or Ni motivation.

All at once

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sounds like me when I was reading American Gods. Only I had the fansite page up that was describing which characters were what gods. And then I'd stop reading for a second to look up the mythology for the god mentioned...or look up things like "cow lotteries" and Rock City pictures and the history behind Easter and prehistoric rituals involving mushrooms and poisonous plants. Basically all things I felt relevant. Never done that with other books though.

Speaking of relevancy. I don't think it's particularly a type thing. I think it's most likely dependent on the type of book and how many questions it raises or how interesting it is. I suppose it could be related to any function that desires to fill the mind with more information to think about.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
American gods :wub:

Enjoying the vaguely linked novel of his, Anansi boys, at present.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Averex, you seem as INFJ as it gets. You scream Ni.

No i don't
i can barely scream
and i get constant complaints about how low and mellow my voice is
*wink*

but how so, Dana ?

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
:D

Well, this is just an observation. People have typed me as few different variations of NP, where some were more correct than others, but here is what I see:

You seem like an introvert, definitely an intuitive (I say Ni, because I find it easy to tell the difference between Ni and Ne, being Ne aux and spending so much time on here among Ni dom/aux types), definitely judger.

Possibly INTJ?

I don't know, sorry to derail.

ygolo

My termites win
I am currently reading Neil Gaiman's American Gods, listening to music
and searching the forums for food for thought
simultaneously

can this be ascribed a function ?
a type ?
or a simple independent skill ?

Many people do similar things.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
no, i dont think multi-tasking (although what you mentioned is a poor example of it) can be correlated to a particular MBTI type