• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If the world was composed only by one type...

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A world of ENFPs (or ENTPs) would get absolutely nothing done, if other ENFPs are anything at all like me. We'd skip meals and sleep and spend our time online reading interesting papers, or talking about interesting ideas with each other, or writing down our next cool idea for others to read and talk about and write about. None of these ideas would ever be realized. Nor would anything else. We'd die of sickness and starvation.

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx
Type is a factor of environment and how you want to be viewed by others. How you see yourself and how you think others view you. Hiarchy and people's conceptions of it also direct peoples personalities. So not sure if ont type is possible. But ill try to entertain the idea X) A world of ENTPs would be an amazing place.

Hazashin

Secret Sex Freak
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A world of ENFPs (or ENTPs) would get absolutely nothing done, if other ENFPs are anything at all like me. We'd skip meals and sleep and spend our time online reading interesting papers, or talking about interesting ideas with each other, or writing down our next cool idea for others to read and talk about and write about. None of these ideas would ever be realized. Nor would anything else. We'd die of sickness and starvation.

Well, first off, that's just a matter of you being a non-Self-preservation instinct dominant. There are Sp-dom ENFPs. [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] is an example. Secondly, ENFPs are usually the most diverse type of MBTI that everything would more than likely even out. Plus, some ENFPs are capable of tapping into their tertiary Te. :yes:

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, first off, that's just a matter of you being a non-Self-preservation instinct dominant. There are Sp-dom ENFPs. [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION] is an example. Secondly, ENFPs are usually the most diverse type of MBTI that everything would more than likely even out. Plus, some ENFPs are capable of tapping into their tertiary Te. :yes:

he speaks the truth!

black-pastor-church-choir.jpg

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Oh, man, it sucks to know it's just me.

I don't mean to derail the thread, but how do instinctual variants (this is for the enneagram, right?) fit into the MBTI? What determines them? Etc. I am unwise. Teach me.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, man, it sucks to know it's just me.
I don't mean to derail the thread, but how do instinctual variants (this is for the enneagram, right?) fit into the MBTI? What determines them? Etc. I am unwise. Teach me.

instinct variant is the primary instinct you fixate on.

Social (So) : fixates on belonging, being part of a whole, taking care of the needs of the group, contributing to society, where they stand within the group structure (be it hierarchical or egalitarian)
Self Preservation (Sp) : fixates on comfort, safety, financial stability and health
Sexual (Sx) : fixates on merging with another, "chemistry" between self and another, sexual desirability and intensity experience

you have a primary instinct which is your fixation, a second instinct that you are comfortable with and a third instinct that is your blind spot. (for example Sp/Sx would be Self Preservation first; Sexual instinct second)
- your first is your default. it just happens and is your core instinctual desire to fulfill
- your second is your most comfortable. for instance, I am Sp/Sx; one of my best friends is Sx/Sp. while the Sexual is stronger in him, deals with things like relationships and matters of intimacy is actually easier for me because he has a hyper sensitivity to it and feels like he's "missing a part of himself" when he is lacking in personal intimacy from people. similarly, I am dominant Self Preservation, so I am often less comfortable in this arena simply because I notice everything. if I'm hungry, I notice immediately, if I'm hurt, I notice immediately, if I'm uncomfortable, I notice immediately. because of this, it's a bigger deal when this area of my life is in the tubes, whereas, while I enjoy using my Sx side quite a bit (and I'm very good at it) I don't feel like I'm "missing a part of myself" when I'm not in a relationship, so my dealings with this area of life are more easy going.
- your third instinct is your blind spot. for me, as an Sp/Sx, this is the arena of community, social connections, the politics of group interaction and feeling unity

Kurt.Is.God

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4W5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Got it. I'll look into this on my own...